Menu

All our feet are the same size!

Laura Corin

We had a period of time where the four of us were within a half-size. A little bigger than your 8- I have big feet and passed that gene on to dc. Dh wears a 9 1/2 U.S. mens, I wear a U.S. Size 11 women's, dd wears a 10 1/2, and ds wore a 9 1/2 for a short while, now a 12. Our heights range from dd 5' 6" to ds 5' 10" with dh and me in between.

In theory, I think that's cool. :)

But, as DS1 and DS2 are only a 1/2 size apart....and both DH and DS1 can wear my shoes.... I'm not so sure.

They fight over whose shoes are whose in the morning.

My favorite Birkis go missing all the time.... "I'm just borrowing them, Mom, for a few seconds."

I figure I have about 6 months before we have four people with basically the same shoe size.  I may have to switch to sparkly pink and purple shoes just to keep them from the boys. 

The brief period when the kids and I wear the same size is fast approaching. My feet barely fit into theirs. They can wear my shoes to run outside for a minute for something. The first time ds did it the other day he was gobsmacked. "These fit!" he said. Oh my. But as they're only 10, I know it'll be a brief period. The funny part is that they're so short. They're below average height. They just are going to have huge feet.

The next pair of Keens they get I plan to pick out for myself...

DS stole a pair of my boots this year--they look so much more hip on him than they ever did on me!

I am definitely going the route of buying him fantastic outdoor gear this year and next so I can inherit it. Now I wouldn't want to wear his stinky preteen boy shoes thankyouverymuch, but bring on the ski tights and toasty under armor and hip jackets and...and...and...oh My wardrobe is so excited! :)

Wow, that's something.  That is definitely not the case here.  My 12 year old is about the same size as me (I take a 6.5).  Nine year old is smaller.  DH takes I believe a 10. 

Growing up I often shared clothing with my younger sister who surpassed me in height fairly early on (she turned out to be much taller).  We could never share shoes though.  Her shoes size is about 2 sizes up from mine. 

Ha, that's pretty unique!

Feet were always the first thing to grow in my family.  So when my kids were 10 they always seemed to have huge feet, until their bodies caught up with them.

We have such an assortment of sizes though.

DH: 9-1/2 or 10, DS: 13 (men sizes)

Me: 8-1/2, DD1: 8-1/2, DD2: 7-1/2, DD3: 9-1/2, DD4: 5-1/2 (women sizes)

I can share shoes with my oldest DD but that's all.

That's weird.

My oldest is taller than me but has feet three sizes smaller.

Also weird. 

I'm in the "that's weird" camp, too. It's not really but I guess I have never thought much about feet. I always sort of assumed, the taller the person, the bigger the feet. I was obviously wrong based on everyone's repsonses.

I don't think any of us will ever wear the same size. DH is a size 12/13. Most of the time a 13 simply because his feet are soooo wide. Ds and I are the same size right now, W7. Of course, his feet are wide and mine are narrow. Maybe I can buy him some Birkenstocks this summer and then keep those. It's nice to know I am not the only one who does this! I can't wait until his clothes fit me. I plan on stealing some of those, too, when he outgrows them.

Maybe dd will wear the same size as me some day but I doubt it. She is taking after the boys in the house. Wide, thick feet. Oh, well.

We were close to that back in the fall, then DS's feet grew.  DH has men's 9-9.5, I'm and 8-8.5, DD is around a 7 and DS is now a 10!  He's only 1/2 an inch taller then me(I'm 5'2 on a tall day) but his arm reach is at least 6 inches longer, probably more, then mine.  I think he's going to be taller then DH, who's 5'10ish.

I get DS's really nice Rockport sandals this Spring.  I complained all last year when he'd wear them wrong (not using backstrap) and he couldn't understand why I cared.  I told him "those are mine next year buddy, so don't ruin them".... they were originally $80 and are very comfortable. 

Oldest dd and I both wear a women's 9 1/2.  We swap shoes around all the time.  She's about 2 inches taller than me and is done growing so I anticipate it staying this way.

The little guys are a long way from being anywhere close to our shoe size.  I guess I'll check back in a few years.  :laugh:

We had a friend on the Air Force Academy hockey team whose feet were the same size as mine but he was 5 inches taller than me. He was a great skater and a good hockey player, but he would randomly fall down while playing at times, none of the other players fell unless there was a good reason for It. I figured that he just didn't have enough surface area on his feet for his height.

My daughter is much shorter than I am but her feet are really big, her feet are almost as big as mine. She is very good at beam and hardly ever falls off--she has a very good surface area to height ratio currently!

This summer my 3rd dd joined the flip-flop club.  All four of us gals in the house wear a 5/6 in women's shoes which means there is no end to swapping flip-flops, slippers, socks and other shoes where there can be some wiggle room.  The heights are 4'11" (17yo) to 5'4" (20yo).  When summer comes around I just buy a 1/2 dozen flip flops in that size and they go in a basket by the door.

Amber in SJ