Menu

VIDEO of a VERY cool homeschool room!

I am sorry, but even with all the bins nicely labeled, there is too much stuff! I thought I had a lot of stuff, but my goodness! Even labeled I would not be able to find it. I am organizationally challenged anyway, so I guess in my minds eye, I see junk everywhere if things don't get put back.

Paula

P. S. I need to post a pic of my school room because it needs help. It is nice and big but difficult to organize because the storage is weird.

Sorry to say, but my favorite part was the "inner city yard." :lol: It reminded me of where I grew up (our patio was smaller), and I was stuck on memory lane for the rest of the video thinking about a school room in the basement where I grew up. It would've been wonderful!

:D

I am sorry, but even with all the bins nicely labeled, there is too much stuff! I thought I had a lot of stuff, but my goodness! Even labeled I would not be able to find it. I am organizationally challenged anyway, so I guess in my minds eye, I see junk everywhere if things don't get put back.

Paula

P. S. I need to post a pic of my school room because it needs help. It is nice and big but difficult to organize because the storage is weird.

Good to know I'm not the only one!

As a playroom, I might like that. It's still really cluttered and colourful for me but it would work and it IS really cute. But a schoolroom? I'm hoping, whenever we finally get around to buying a new house, for something calm, clean and soothing.

Very nice - but, ummm... - where are the books?? I must have over a thousand books and I know if I had a school room at least 100 of them would be in it.:D

That was my thought exactly! "What's with all the craft stuff? And where are the books?" :D My poor kids. Maybe the books are in bedrooms though.

It wasn't *my* style, but it was well labeled.

From the sounds of her commentary she was dealing with pre-K and grade 1. I can see why she would have more craft stuff than books. I know for my kids at that age we did TONS of crafts. Perhaps she keeps her books in cases in the livingroom or something. IT looks like they primarily do lapbooking for their learning, so the craft supplies are certainly needed to be right on hand.

I totally agree, there is WAAAAYYYY too much stuff. It sounds like she's got kids under 2nd or 3rd grade. I've been homeschooling for 17 years and I still don't have as much stuff as she has. It just looks like too much to keep up with if you ask me!! (she did a great job of organizing what she has, but I'm glad I don't have that much stuff!!) :tongue_smilie:

Very nice - but, ummm... - where are the books?? I must have over a thousand books and I know if I had a school room at least 100 of them would be in it.:D

That was me too, lol.

I do agree that craft supplies are simply a must for some families.

We don't do too many on a daily basis, but about once a week we drag out any kind of "new and different" supplies to satisfy SOMEone's creative drive.

I like the visual cues of seeing everything -- i like to see everything at a glance.

others like dh need to have a visually-free place.

and if you thought SHE had too much stuff, you would freak at mine, lol.

:iagree:

I think I would get a little twitch every now and again being surrounded by so much brightly colored plastic in that very small room! Of course, I can look back to when my kids were that young and think of how appealing it used to be. I do agree that she used her space well, though.

~Lisa

I can't believe how much stuff that is placed into such a tight spot!!!! It's very efficient use of space for sure! I have one boy that is a clutterbug and it would be a challenge to keep this kid in order in that room. I love the Ikea stuff...I will have to check out a couple of the items for our room.

She did a great job with a small space. That gave me some organizing ideas, that is an area I need to work on in our schoolroom, I can't ever find what I need. I'm really picky about everything matching the room so don't want plastic bins, but I can see how much easier it would be to find things if I'd sort them more and have them out where I can see them and get to them easier. Off to look at some websites to see what might work...

To answer a few questions...

No its not me. I just liked her blog.

Her "inner city yard" is b/c she and dh are inner city missionarys in a very bad inner city area of.. PA I think?

Yes she teaches alot via lapbooks.

She has a young boy and a toddler boy.

She use to be a kinder teacher and ALOT of her supplies were from when she use to teach (explains quanity)...

I love some of the organizing ideas but there is SO much stuff in there that there is barely enough room to even homeschool. I know she just has a kindergartner and preschoolers but ... wow! My guys enjoyed crafts when they were little too but ... wow! LOL :) That's all I kept thinking all the way through it. She's probably doing that conversion from teacher to homeschool teacher thing. ;)

It's beautiful and well organized with lots of things to do though. Good job with not much space.

Good to know I'm not the only one!

As a playroom, I might like that. It's still really cluttered and colourful for me but it would work and it IS really cute. But a schoolroom? I'm hoping, whenever we finally get around to buying a new house, for something calm, clean and soothing.

Me too! I got stressed just watching the video :lol: I would love to read more of her blog though; I like the way she thinks. Wagnfun, can you link her blog for us?

definitely not me for the same reasons others have mentioned. I need big open spaces, uncluttered looking, nothing particularly colorful.

In what is supposed to be our master bedroom, both kids have their desks, books, shelves, whiteboards. The only thing "out of place" is a corner full of games. My office is connected to that room. I have my computer, whiteboard, shelving. The activity room is right outside the doors for each of those rooms and it has the art table, art supply bins, treadmill, bookcases, foosball table, and some toys. We've changed it a few times since we've lived here, but I like this best because it's spread out and neat looking. I just so could not do cramped and colorful. I'm definitely BORING.

However, she definitely is organized better than I ever could dream of. And she made good use of a small space. It does seem great for young kids :)

I totally agree, there is WAAAAYYYY too much stuff. It sounds like she's got kids under 2nd or 3rd grade. I've been homeschooling for 17 years and I still don't have as much stuff as she has. It just looks like too much to keep up with if you ask me!! (she did a great job of organizing what she has, but I'm glad I don't have that much stuff!!) :tongue_smilie:

I have more craft stuff than that (plus thousands of books)! I'll have to post a picture some time. It's NOT as organized as hers though!