Menu

(Update in post 179) Boardie needs prayers for her ds as he goes for major surgery!

Catwoman

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Update #189

Update-- Mayank went back on the old vent from the oscillating vent,
His lungs are weak and have a long way to go.
The infection is not in the blood which is a huge plus!
Small improvements but it will be a long process!!
Thank you all again for the continued support,prayers ,wishes and thoughts!!

New Update #189

Update-- Last night was hard on Mayank, they were trying to ween off on some medications but that failed!
Everytime they lowered the medications it was waking him up and ofcourse he was getting agitated!He had a rough night, this morning the Icu Dr changed a few medications and increased his dosage for sedative and that finally helped !!
We also got a nurse who it seems was not comfortable with an older kid! We need him to get some rest and let his lungs heal from the long surgery!
Again We thank all of you for the continued support,prayers ,wishes and thoughts!!

Poor Mayank. I hope he begins to see some major improvement soon. Maybe with some rest his body will begin to heal a little better. He is about the same age as my youngest, btw.

I will continue praying for him. Keep yourself well, too!

:grouphug:

Saturday Update--#189

Update :Saturday
Mayank is off the paralytic and he is up which is great but the only real problem is that he still has the breathing tube!The phyisical therapist has been coming and sat him up today for a few seconds!
He is responding to commands and is being cooperative!
I hope and pray the tube comes off and we will be in good shape once he will be able to talk!
Thank you Everyone!

Update-#189

Saturday Update--#179
Monday Update --Day 13
The breathing tube came off at 10 this morning, while we still have a long way to go with everything else,this is oviously a huge step in the right direction.
Mayank is awake and asking for ice chips and water poor kid has to wait a while before that can happen.
It seems like we will be here in the icu for another week
We thank you all for the continued support!
Edited--to fix typo!

Update #189

Update Day 18..ICU
Mayank has been off all tubes for 2 days no sedation,no breathing tubes which has surprised the icu dr's! He is still on some painkillers that they are planning to wean him off of! His vitals are good he just started walking and eating a bit! He said he is tired of the chicken noodle soup and is now asking for chicken tortilla soup !
We are ofcourse thrilled to feed him even if its just a tablespoon at a time!
We will still be in icu for a few days but no complaints from us!
We are eternally grateful to you all for providing us the much needed prayers,thoughts,well wishes!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE-- Sep 8th 

Mayank has been home for a few days now and doing well,Despite last week being hard with major drug withdrawals and sleep issues this week started out good!

So dearest WTM boardies we cannot thank you all enough,I am deeply humbled by your support!

Edited : Deleted the Snoopy Thank you message card,did not want to violate any rules.