Menu

Ok then...a different dessert poll...

If you insist--you may order from the full dessert menu...  

1. 1. If you insist--you may order from the full dessert menu...

• Creme Brulee
    • Key Lime Pie Parfait
    • Peach Praline Cobbler with Ice Cream or Fresh Whipped Cream
    • New York Cheesecake with blueberries or caramel
    • Chocolate Lava Cake with Fresh Whipped Cream & Raspberry Confit
    • Homemade Apple Pie with Cinnamon Crumb Top (a la mode or with fresh whipped cream)

Since y'all didn't like being limited to just selecting between apple pie and peach cobbler, it's clear I'm going to have to allow you to order off the full menu! :D

Let's try this with the full selection...

I do other things seasonally, but I'm not "goin' there" in this poll--you only get to choose from what's on the menu right now!

(The peach cobbler/apple pie thing hasn't been resolved yet though)

ETA: Ok...just realized I typed the wrong cooking term...no one called me on it?

Free samples to the one who catches what I typed in wrong! :D

I would have gone for the chocolate except then I read the raspberry part of it. I don't like my chocolate fruitified. So I voted for the Key Lime Parfait -- that sounds delish! I'm digging the sour thing lately.

Darla,

We serve the raspberry confit well off to the side (just in case someone doesn't like it)--so you're safe either way!

Whew! Good to know. I would switch my vote, then, to the lava cake if -- and ONLY if --

There's milk on the menu. If I had to choose a last meal it would be rich, gooey-yummy chocolate cake w/ a large glass of ice-cold whole milk served alongwith.

The lava cake, in a hot minute. I would also be tempted by the key lime, but really prefer it in pie form, with a graham cracker crust. The raspberry confit would put the lava cake over the top for me.

I layer the graham cracker crust in the Key Lime Parfait, too! It wouldn't be the same without the crust. :)

I think you ought become the official WTM Dessert Fairy -- traveling around the world with your complete dessert tray for all board members who have at least 340 posts and 2 green squares to enjoy. I nominate Washington as the state in which you begin. You could start in the center part of the state and spiral out from there.

I layer the graham cracker crust in the Key Lime Parfait, too! It wouldn't be the same without the crust. :)

OK, seriously...this is just not right :glare: I'm stuck here with the kids and POPCORN for dessert! DH is going to have to take me out this weekend...

OK, seriously...this is just not right :glare: I'm stuck here with the kids and POPCORN for dessert! DH is going to have to take me out this weekend...

I know. Why is she tormenting us anyways? Next she'll be posting pictures...

BTW the graham cracker layer won my vote for the Key lime parfait.

I think you ought become the official WTM Dessert Fairy -- traveling around the world with your complete dessert tray for all board members who have at least 340 posts and 2 green squares to enjoy. I nominate Washington as the state in which you begin. You could start in the center part of the state and spiral out from there.

Lol! WA isn't that far from CA, right? I could make it in a couple of days...

I think the spiral thing would make me a little dizzy though.

HEY! I've always thought "Julie in CA" was WAAAY boring. Maybe I should change my board name to "WTM Dessert Fairy".

Hmmm.....:lol:

I just don't think I can make an educated decision unless you provide me with some samples....thankyouverymuch!:D

I wish I could...you all have offered me so much support over the years!

Second-best, but if anyone would like a recipe, I'd be glad to share. Most of them are embarassingly easy to make. :001_smile:

ETA: Ok...just realized I typed the wrong cooking term...no one called me on it?

Free samples to the one who catches what I typed in wrong! :D

Was it this:

Chocolate Lava Cake with Fresh Whipped Cream & Raspberry Confit
?

So you're offering Chocolate Lava Cake with whipped cream and raspberries that have been preserved in a layer of duck fat?

Yummm...can I change my vote? :eek: :lol:

Can't.eat.laughing.too.hard!

:lol::lol::lol:

Honestly, so many choices so little points left to eat them! Hmmm either the chocolate cake(and I'll take pretty much whatever fat you put on it) or key lime. I'm really torn and I too vote for the name change. Do you think you could take a pit stop in Oregon on your way up to Washington? :D

Was it this:

?

So you're offering Chocolate Lava Cake with whipped cream and raspberries that have been preserved in a layer of duck fat?

Yummm...can I change my vote? :eek: :lol:

We have a winner!! :D

I couldn't believe it when I saw what I'd written, and I couldn't believe no one caught me at it!

Yeah...I'm skipping the duck fat in the desserts. :tongue_smilie:

As I said, peach cobbler is heaven on a plate....but with praline???? That is a step above I'm sure. Now I'm going to have to go buy fresh peaches at the farmer's market tomorrow, find a recipe (hint, hint), slave over a hot stove all day so i can have peach cobbler tomorrow!!

Luscious ripe figs...does that count? Mmmm...ripe figs :drool:

I had never had figs til we moved to this house. There's a house down the street that has been empty for 3 years and it has 2 HUGE fig trees. So I help myself. I love them! Unfortunately, they don't keep very long, so I make fig preserves for family. I can't stand the preserves, but fresh...yummy!