Menu

Another update on me ...

Luanne

As you know I went to the surgeon on Monday.  They ordered a PET scan which I am going to have on Tuesday.  The results from that will let them know if the cancer has spread anywhere else in my body.

I saw the oncologist yesterday.  She ordered an ultrasound of my heart which is going to be on Monday.  Then I meet with her on Wednesday to discuss where we go from here.  She said most likely I will start with chemo.  Chemo usually shrinks the tumor making it easier for the doctor to remove.  Then I wouldn't have surgery for four months while I am undergoing chemo.  After surgery, I will be on medicine for 5 to 10 years.

Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts.

-Luanne

Thank you for the update, Luanne. I keep thinking about you and wondering how you're doing. :grouphug:

Did the doctors tell you what stage cancer it is, or do they need the PET scan info before they can make a determination?

They are saying stage 2 at this point, but yes, they need the PET scan to know for sure.

One of my best friends just went through this. She had her surgery last week after months of chemo. And she is going to be completely cured! I know it's scary now, but you will pull through and it will get better. My friend's chemo sucked ( like all chemo!) but these treatments really do work. Find some support groups--it's nice to meet people on the other side of their treatment. Hugs.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

glad they are moving quickly on this.  i had to keep reminding myself that knowing really is better than not knowing.

one of my dear friends is in remission from stage IIB.  my understanding from when she had treatment (which was a long while ago), was that stage II usually responds well to treatment.

this weekend marks the one year from the choosing point for me.  after six weeks of testing and pain, i decided I was not going to stop living.  we went camping with morphine.  it was a Very Different camping trip, but it turned out to be the turning point in my journey.  I became fully committed to changing diet, exercising as possible, surrounding myself with music and beauty, meditation, etc.  then came surgeries, etc.... but that was the moment when I stopped giving up control.

choosing to do what i could in the face of all i couldn't control helped hugely.  

:grouphug:

ann

• 2 weeks later...