Menu

Who's going to tackle Monday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Still sick.

But, need to get a few things done anyway.

Clean Kitchen (kids help)

Dinner in the Crockpot by 10am (ground meat and shredded cabbage with broth)

School (kids do mostly on their own but I need the list together)

Practice scout material (both older boys trying to sit for BofR this month)

Go with dh to get a rental car for me to use today.

Grab breakfast out.

Take girls to bookstore on our way home.

Math, writing, spelling, history for dd1.

Math, phonics, sight words, reading for dd2.

Lunch-chicken and potatoes.

Try very hard to get dd3 to nap.

Take dd1 to gymnastics.

Dinner-Mexican casserole

Fold one load of laundry.

Dust living and school room.

Vacuum downstairs.

Sweep kitchen several times.

Mop kitchen.

We are starting back to school today, but it's going to be a light week. I just wanted to "ease" back into it. 

breakfast and lunch for dh

computer time and coffee for me

breakfast for the rest of us

ds school:  Awana, reading, science, math games, writing

dd school: chemistry, history

lunch

laundry

make food to take to tea (going to buy some pre-packaged snacks)

take dd to Spanish

stay for tea

dinner

exercise (not sure what, maybe Wii)

tidy house before bed

Habits:

protein bar (out of smoothie mix)

vitamins

track food on app  (so far so good!)

put schoolwork/paperwork away

oh, I need to. Blech. Rough start to the morning with a kid nightmare ~10 min before my alarm and DH not having left for work on time so my shower wasn't available.  Let's just say I didn't handle either of those with as much grace as I should I have and I'm a grouch. Having some coffee now and thinking through my day.  Let's aim for:

School:

3Rs twins

3Rs ODS

FIAR

ODS to OT

Costco

vacuum all floors (I've done 2 rooms. Now I'm SITTING.)

run mop through kitchen

finish knitting a skirt for a doll, start another (project for  a friend)

watch yesterday's season opener to Downton! 

We're going to ease back into school as well---just one math (Alg 3), history, English, and her Science Olympiad topics for this week.

The pouring rain took away almost all the snow overnight. When I woke up at hour ago the temp was 57. Now it is 50. It will be 6 overnight. Hopefully the roads and sidewalks will be dry before the temp dips below freezing!

Today:

--RSVP email for info session tonight at a small state university (not the one in our town), about early college classes for juniors and seniors (I think dd might be past the offerings by the time she's that age but it's worth a meeting)

--return email about Thurs Science Olympiad meeting

--school

--start dinner in crockpot (sausage and rice casserole)

--exercise: 60 min cardio

--update Goodreads

--pick up dd18 from her winter session class

--info session at 6

--wash towels?

It will be a busy day today.  School starts back up so I am back at the before/after school care today.  My boss is trapped in Ontario, the town they are in only has 1 road out and it has been closed, so I will be doing extra hours at the daycare today to make up for the fact we will be down 1. 

To Do Today:

work job #2 730-930am

work job #2 230-6pm

work job #1 8-9pm

school (hoping to get a full day in, but we will see given the shorter time I have at home today)

finish reorganizing school stuff (nearly finished it last night but needs a bit more work)

dd6 sparks 6-7pm be sure to hand in camp forms

Good Morning :seeya:  It's dark and dreary here...I have the motivation of a gnat. :wacko:    

The must do list for today:

• school--starting our new semester today, but easing into it slowly --school this week 12-5 with a full week of review before we head into new territory. 
  • vacuum, dust and tidy up everything
  • wipe down all bathrooms, empty trash and make sure everything is stocked
  • enjoy dinner with kids and hubby---it's Cafe Rio night here.  :drool5:

Well my appointment was cancelled and I didn't know until I got there, but having contractions so they sent me to the hospital. So I'm at the hospital with dd waiting to find out if I'm actually in labor or not. If so I have to call dh and have him bring dfil so he can take dd1 back home.

Well my appointment was cancelled and I didn't know until I got there, but having contractions so they sent me to the hospital. So I'm at the hospital with dd waiting to find out if I'm actually in labor or not. If so I have to call dh and have him bring dfil so he can take dd1 back home.

Melissa, I'm thinking of you and Julie! :grouphug:

Thinking of you Melissa!

We have to completely change up the day. Climbing was cancelled. Beyond lame...I can't even get started with that. So with One More Day of Holiday Practices, nothing will get done. I hope that I can get the kids to do math and I will go over work and expectations for the rest of the year with each one individually.

Beyond that, pretty sure nothing much will happen here.

Sigh,

Not the best start to the week.

I'm not even going to do a ToDo list today.

I have a migraine and I went to the dentist. 'Nuff said.

Heels, you are a Doctor Who fan, right? :lol:

If I were to start watching Doctor Who, what year/serie/doctor should I start with?

I'm not even going to do a ToDo list today.

I have a migraine and I went to the dentist. 'Nuff said.

Heels, you are a Doctor Who fan, right? :lol:

If I were to start watching Doctor Who, what year/serie/doctor should I start with?

I'm not Heels, but I might suggest you start with the very first of the series of episodes when they started producing them again after years being out of production (Chris Eccleston as the Doctor) since the new series does a pretty good job of explaining the highlights of what happened during the original run without you being burdened with a huge ton of info at once.  Also, watching all of those will mean you can understand references to the happenings in the current run.  Just start with Series One and move forward to the current ones with the latest doctor after Matt Smith.  If you find that a particular story line reference interests you from the original run, then you can always try to view the original episode from the older episodes for more details.  A huge number have been restored and are available.  Once you have finished watching all of the current run, I have friends that have then gone back and watched all the original run episodes that are available and enjoyed it.

Ok, trying to get with you again. I had to go through a period of decluttering b/f I could join and get anything done.

I take it all back!!!  I'm going to approach this more like Jean . . . just the things that I really want to become habit but need and little more oompf to get done.  

Monday:

Consecrate my day

Fiddle for 30

Stretch am

Stretch pm

Lay out tomorrow's clothing

Inspections before bed

We're starting school today.  DS1 does a lot independently so I'm waiting for him to say he's ready for Math

Played outside with the little one...yeah it's freezing and we lasted about 10 minutes.  We tried to do those bubble things that are on pinterest.  Our bubbles did the exact same thing they do when it's warm outside.  :(
We're going to do a polar bear craft later on

I've dusted
I need to vacuum
House still looks good so not a lot to do there
Electric co is asking everyone to conserve today so I'm skipping laundry ;)

Sandwiches for lunch
Get something together for supper.  I'm thinking spaghetti or goulash

Read

I'll try. We all had a vomit sick yesterday so I'm weak and dehydrated this morning. Of course, the kids are all full-speed ahead.

So, after the movie they're watching we'll work on the light list:

Writing, math, reading for Abby

Reading and math for Emmett

Think about food...MAYBE

I think that's a good list for me today.

I'm not Heels, but I might suggest you start with the very first of the series of episodes when they started producing them again after years being out of production (Chris Eccleston as the Doctor) since the new series does a pretty good job of explaining the highlights of what happened during the original run without you being burdened with a huge ton of info at once.  Also, watching all of those will mean you can understand references to the happenings in the current run.  Just start with Series One and move forward to the current ones with the latest doctor after Matt Smith.  If you find that a particular story line reference interests you from the original run, then you can always try to view the original episode from the older episodes for more details.  A huge number have been restored and are available.  Once you have finished watching all of the current run, I have friends that have then gone back and watched all the original run episodes that are available and enjoyed it.

Thanks, OneStepAtATime! Series 1, Chris Eccleston as the Doctor. Got it!

Done my morning shift at the daycare, worried about one of my behaviour boys, his dad was airlifted to the ICU of a hospital in the city on xmas day and is still there.  Apparently he got strep and it attacked his kidneys and liver putting them into failure.  Boy would have already been acting out today because it is the first day back, but then add on this.  And then one of the staff flipped out screaming at him today, which was not okay at all.  Boss is still trapped in Ontario.  Meaning I have 1 staff tonight that is known to yell at kids, 1 staff that barely says boo that I am training for more responsibilities there, 1 morning staff is coming in this afternoon so we make ratio and myself with 4 behaviour kids that will be acting out today, 1 of which is this boy.  Oh and aunt flo started so I am not at my calmest time of the month right now.  It's going to be a hard afternoon.

Other things done, called urologist to reschedule ds15s appt, with boss trapped halfway across the country I can't take the day off tomorrow, there is no way.  I filled out the camp forms, monitored ds15 taking his meds, now getting ready to finally eat something, grab a cup of coffee and start school.

Morning Gals!

Started school up again today. Nothing like reading about the island of cannibal giants to get your blood pumping. Who says the Classics are boring?

Got some calls to make and appointments to make, but that's about it.

Have a great day, ladies.

A little change of plans...a friend asked if I could watch her son while she goes to sing at a funeral. There is no school, and her dh had a doctor's appointment. Ds did a little school before he got here. Thankfully we are light this week anyway, so he can make it up tomorrow.

its monday.  and the first day of grade 9 for dd#4.  so far, we have started Cambridge Latin, and Singapore's New Math. 

She is playing outside now.  (i love that a 13 year old still likes to play outside :).

then, after 'recess" will be violin practice, more math, ken miller's biology, piano practice, write at home....

dd#3 has done the first violin practice, we've submitted the Bach competition application, and now she is working on AP bio.

the first load of laundry is in. 

the breakfast dishes are in the dishwasher.

and it almost 10am. 

i am following flylady loosely this month, so this week i am working in the kitchen, which is good because there is a lot of post-hoiday recovery to do.  i am not putting away christmas things until at least tomorrow though, as we are celebrating Epiphany today. 

and i may end up with a friend's children tomorrow, so i need to reboot the main area, too.

ann

Good Morning :seeya:  It's dark and dreary here...I have the motivation of a gnat. :wacko:    

The must do list for today:

• school--starting our new semester today, but easing into it slowly --school this week 12-5 with a full week of review before we head into new territory. 
  • vacuum, dust and tidy up everything
  • wipe down all bathrooms, empty trash and make sure everything is stocked
  • enjoy dinner with kids and hubby---it's Cafe Rio night here.  :drool5:

I got it in gear and got the whole house vacuumed, dust and everything nice and tidy by 11:15.  Then showered and started 2 small loads of laundry.  We reconned the yards, dumped the trash and recycle and filled all the bird feeders.   Went and topped off my vehicle as it's going to be super cold this week and made a list for dd to pick up while she's out taking Sophia for her checkup.  Loaded the back up with donations for Salvation Army and she's going to drop those off.  

We've been working on school since 12 and will continue until 5 when we should be wrapping it up for the day.  

I feel like I'm making good accomplishments today! 

Human care including breakfast done

Pet care done

Dishwasher unloaded, loaded again and is running.

My weekly phone call to my elderly parents done

Dd has decided to make cinnamon chip bread - her first yeast bread - on a day when I'm terribly busy and will be gone. . .   Oh well.  She's a good baker so she should do fine just following the instructions.  

Hope the prednisone works for you, Jean!

Back to school, very difficult because we had a huge windstorm last night.  Neither ds or I slept very much. 

Help ds with geometry work

read aloud w/dd, math

dinner

laundry

watch the final college football game of the year

walk for 20 minutes

home from work again, shift 2 over.  Have some more school to do today, ds15 is the only one that did any and he failed the test he wrote so he has a rewrite tonight with me sitting right there to be sure he is focusing (it is for an online course and I suspect he was on youtube or something and just randomly clicking answers on the test).  DD6 is at sparks and camp forms/money have been submitted.  My order for a part for my washer showed up while I was at work, I just ordered it on Friday, I am so impressed with the speed of that delivery.  Got a call from the committee that will be deciding the terms of ds15s probation, we have a meeting on Thursday evening to deal with that.  Have to return some more messages that came in while I was at work and then go pick up dd6, feed everyone dinner and then head out to my cleaning shift at the diner.  Once home from that I can get a bit more school work into everyone before sending them off to bed and tackling some chores around here.

Put dd's bread in the oven and about  20 min. later smoke started to roll out of the kitchen.  The very loud smoke alarm went off, including an automated voice that says "Fire!  Fire!" over and over again.  Ds who was right down the hall, never heard it. . .    The bread was charred on the bottom and the Exopat (a Silpat clone) was melted!  We will saw off the bottom of the bread.  The bread itself is extremely tasty.  

Made chili for dinner.

I've taken a double dose of pred. for starters on the pharmacist's advice.  

We're starting school today.  DS1 does a lot independently so I'm waiting for him to say he's ready for Math

Played outside with the little one...yeah it's freezing and we lasted about 10 minutes.  We tried to do those bubble things that are on pinterest.  Our bubbles did the exact same thing they do when it's warm outside.   :(

We're going to do a polar bear craft later on

I've dusted

I need to vacuum

House still looks good so not a lot to do there

Electric co is asking everyone to conserve today so I'm skipping laundry ;)

Sandwiches for lunch

Get something together for supper.  I'm thinking spaghetti or goulash

Read

Got everything done except instead of making a polar bear craft we made an afternoon of playing legos and watching Toy Story 2.  I cleaned the kitchen tonight so that should only leave laundry and school to do tomorrow.

Third dishwasher load run through.  

Handwashing done.

Did lesson planning for tomorrow.  I had hoped to get ahead in lesson planning over the break but I'm back to doing it day by day.  Oh well.  One of these days!

Dd - volunteering

Ds - working extra to redo all the Latin assignments he lost.  Sigh.  You would think he'd learn one of these days that it is a lot more work to be disorganized. . . 

Thanks, OneStepAtATime! Series 1, Chris Eccleston as the Doctor. Got it!

You are welcome.  Best wishes...too bad we aren't friends IRL.  I could lend you the whole thing...or we could have a marathon over a weekend.  Someone would be willing to handle kids, chores, and food, I'm sure.  It would definitely be for a worthy cause, IMO.  Not sure how many hours that would be, including specials, but we could survive that right?  Like cramming in college? :)

Anyway, hope everyone had a good Monday.  Hoping Tuesday will go well, too!  

Third dishwasher load run through.  

Handwashing done.

Did lesson planning for tomorrow.  I had hoped to get ahead in lesson planning over the break but I'm back to doing it day by day.  Oh well.  One of these days!

Dd - volunteering

Ds - working extra to redo all the Latin assignments he lost.  Sigh.  You would think he'd learn one of these days that it is a lot more work to be disorganized. . . 

What about melting the silpat pan? That was worthy of its own thread surely it should be posted on accomplishments today :lol:

Were you able to salvage any of it? It sounded yum!