Menu

Oy...this is embarrassing

BakersDozen

I absolutely must share this or else I might go nuts.  It's not that big a deal, I suppose, yet it is bothering me so much!!

OK, so for some reason I cannot understand I had a dream the other night.  It was a...nice dream *blush*.  And it didn't involve my dh.  *BLUSH*  It involved some actor I haven't seen for at least a year and whom I wouldn't give a thought to at any time (seriously, he's not one that comes to mind as a hottie or anything!) yet for some reason this guy was in this dream.  All day I've found myself stopping and blushing, totally embarrassed and mortified!

Cue dh coming home tonight and as we're talking about movies at the dinner table he says it's probably time to watch the ONE movie I have ever watched with this actor in it!  The only movie and dh has to bring it up tonight?!?!  I took a quick drink of water and excused myself from the table.

Egads.  No WAY can I watch that movie!  Not now, probably not ever again (which really stinks because it ranks #2 on my favorite list).

Oh, please someone else tell me they have had this happen.  I feel like I've cheated on my dh, stupid as that sounds.  

Must erase this from my brain...must erase...must forget...must stop blushing!!!!!  

Stupid dreams.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's the character, rather than the actor, you're dreaming about? Does that make it a little better?

No, the guy is a real jerk in the movie - I mean a BIG time jerk!  He's not good looking in a usual sense, he's not...well, anything. So where the heck did he come from???????

I cannot believe how this is affecting me.  I need to hide from my dh for the next few hours and avoid his gaze.  This is so embarrassing.

Who else thinks womanintheshoe needs to start a multiple choice poll so we can all try to guess which actor it is?

I, for one, completely missed the entire point of what she was talking about because I was too busy trying to figure out who the guy is, and which movie her dh wants to watch.

Sue me. I'm shallow that way. :D

Who else thinks womanintheshoe needs to start a multiple choice poll so we can all try to guess which actor it is?

I, for one, completely missed the entire point of what she was talking about because I was too busy trying to figure out who the guy is, and which movie her dh wants to watch.

Sue me. I'm shallow that way. :D

I'm sooo there with you. :lol:

Guest submarines

There must have been something in your and DH's lives that happened quite recently that made you both think of this movie and this actor. It must have been something really minor, or you would have known. The fact that both you and your DH noticed that something and interpreted it similarly shows that there's a really good bond between you two. You're really in tune with each other. 

TeA dreams are hardly ever about TeA itself. 

I'd tell DH and get it over with. 

There must have been something in your and DH's lives that happened quite recently that made you both think of this movie and this actor. It must have been something really minor, or you would have known. The fact that both you and your DH noticed that something and interpreted it similarly shows that there's a really good bond between you two. You're really in tune with each other.

TeA dreams are hardly ever about TeA itself.

I'd tell DH and get it over with.

Probably she should describe it to us in great detail so we will know for sure. ;)

I once admitted to dh I had "that kind" of dream about...Corbin Bernsen. It was a GOOD dream, lol. But I don't find him attractive, so it was really weird, so I told dh about it.

He's never let me forget it. Never. Corbin Bernsen gets mentioned far too much. Learn from me!! Don't tell!!

I once admitted to dh I had "that kind" of dream about...Corbin Bernsen. It was a GOOD dream, lol. But I don't find him attractive, so it was really weird, so I told dh about it.

He's never let me forget it. Never. Corbin Bernsen gets mentioned far too much. Learn from me!! Don't tell!!

Was it "L.A. Law Corbin Bernsen" or "Psych Corbin Bernsen?"

It makes a difference.

Hilarious thread. I wouldn't tell DH unless he asks what's wrong with you lol.. I once confided in DH that when I was a teen, I adored Sean Connery in that movie in Nights of the Round Table...now when the movie comes on he asks if I need a moment alone with my old man lol

I still adore Sean Connery and he's about 200 years old.

I met him in person, he was very nice.

I absolutely must share this or else I might go nuts.  It's not that big a deal, I suppose, yet it is bothering me so much!!

OK, so for some reason I cannot understand I had a dream the other night.  It was a...nice dream *blush*.  And it didn't involve my dh.  *BLUSH*  It involved some actor I haven't seen for at least a year and whom I wouldn't give a thought to at any time (seriously, he's not one that comes to mind as a hottie or anything!) yet for some reason this guy was in this dream.  All day I've found myself stopping and blushing, totally embarrassed and mortified!

Cue dh coming home tonight and as we're talking about movies at the dinner table he says it's probably time to watch the ONE movie I have ever watched with this actor in it!  The only movie and dh has to bring it up tonight?!?!  I took a quick drink of water and excused myself from the table.

Egads.  No WAY can I watch that movie!  Not now, probably not ever again (which really stinks because it ranks #2 on my favorite list).

Oh, please someone else tell me they have had this happen.  I feel like I've cheated on my dh, stupid as that sounds.  

Must erase this from my brain...must erase...must forget...must stop blushing!!!!!  

Stupid dreams.

That's okay, I wouldn't worry too much about it.  I had a weird dream last night about drag queens and babies...  the baby got dropped by a drag queen.  :huh:

I'm still trying to figure out where that one came from.

That's okay, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I had a weird dream last night about drag queens and babies... the baby got dropped by a drag queen. :huh:

I'm still trying to figure out where that one came from.

I don't know. Let's see...

Have you watched "The Birdcage" recently? (I loved that movie!)

Do you have a secret desire to dress up like RuPaul when he was still dressing up like RuPaul?

That's all I've got.

I don't know. Let's see...

Have you watched "The Birdcage" recently? (I loved that movie!)

Do you have a secret desire to dress up like RuPaul when he was still dressing up like RuPaul?

That's all I've got.

LOL --

no but I re-watched "Priscilla Queen of the Desert" about 3 months ago.   Does that count???

Was it "L.A. Law Corbin Bernsen" or "Psych Corbin Bernsen?"

It makes a difference.

It must have been LA Law Corbin, I've never seen Psych. I truly never gave him any thought.

Now I do. I tell dh he looks nice today, and he asks "Corbin Bernsen nice?".

Seriously, it's that bad. Do. Not. Tell.

OK, I'll start.

TRAMP!!!!!

(Did that seem sincere? Was it too much? Did I hurt your feelings? ..... Hey! Wake up! Have you been dreaming again??? :D)

That reminds me of the speech in Oceans 11:

Rusty: Why do this?

Danny: Why not do it?

[Rusty shakes his head]

Danny: Cause yesterday I walked out of the joint after losing four years of my life and you're cold-decking "Teen Beat" cover boys.

[pause]

Danny: Cause the house always wins. Play long enough, you never change the stakes. The house takes you. Unless, when that perfect hand comes along, you bet and you bet big, then you take the house.

[another pause]

Rusty: Been practicing this speech, haven't you?

Danny: Little bit. Did I rush it? Felt I rushed it.

Rusty: No, it was good, I liked it. The "Teen Beat" thing was harsh.

Dh just left for the store and I had to come check this thread (goodness, if he knew this was me posting this I would, well, blush even more!).  You ladies are hilarious.  

My guess is Loki/Tom Hiddleston.

No idea who that is...but it's not the guy.  :)

I had to look up the guy's name on-line - that's how "meh" he is!  Shouldn't have done it...more blushing.  Maybe I have a father figure issue.  Or an authority issue.  Or maybe I'm too much of an authority and dreamed of this guy in some kind of strange effort to be put in my place.  Or not.  I'm afraid to go to sleep - what if he's in my dreams again???  

We watch this trilogy every year and dh knew it was time...hey, maybe that's it!  My subconscious knew it was time to watch the movies again and for some reason this guy stood out (as opposed to the super fine lead actor, though????).

I don't know.  But whew, what a dream.  Why can't these things happen IRL?  

Must stop posting.  I don't talk about stuff like this.  Ever.  To anyone.  No one here knows me, though...I think...maybe...off to hide my VERY red face.  I hope dh takes a while to get back from the store.