Menu

Please vote for the best looking cake

Embassy

Please choose the best looking cake  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best looking cake?

• Chocolate Cake with Condensed Milk Chocolate Frosting
    • Strawberry Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
    • Gummy Bear Confetti Cake with Heavenly White Cake and Quick Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

We are doing little baking competitions throughout this school year.  Yesterday, my three kids made cakes.  We have a winner declared for the tasting portion of the contest, but we need a winner declared for the appearance portion of the contest.  Please vote for the best looking cake.  Pictures are at my blog here.

Update with the winners at post 28.

I don't like gummy bears or sticky candies in general, but I'm not sure its fair to judge on whether or not I would want to eat the cake or if I just wanted to look at it! Food should have visual appeal, right? Thats part of the process--but it isn't really fair to the baker if I rank their cake lower than others because I don't like their topping--is it?

Embassy can you please elaborate on the rules? Is it okay if I find a cake more or less appealing based on how whether I like the toppings? Or should I just do a quick look and pick the one that I like the best based solely on looks...

I don't like gummy bears or sticky candies in general, but I'm not sure its fair to judge on whether or not I would want to eat the cake or if I just wanted to look at it! Food should have visual appeal, right? Thats part of the process--but it isn't really fair to the baker if I rank their cake lower than others because I don't like their topping--is it?

Embassy can you please elaborate on the rules? Is it okay if I find a cake more or less appealing based on how whether I like the toppings? Or should I just do a quick look and pick the one that I like the best based solely on looks...

Just vote on the appearance - that could mean that it looks good to you or it is one that you think will look good to most people.  The interpretation is up to you.  The kids knew that some of the toppings would make their cake liked or disliked when they picked their recipes.  

• 2 weeks later...

The chocolate is simple and nicely understated, but I voted for Strawberry. 

The gummy one had my vote until I saw the cross-section.  I could vote it most impressively creative or most labor-intensive, but a gummy graveyard at the end of a rainbow just doesn't do it for me appearance-wise LOL.

Who won most tasty? 

What a fun idea :) I'll have to remember this the next time we have a rainy day.