1. 1. do you wear underwear undre your pj's

• yes
    • no, just pj's over my skin
    • I sleep in starkers
    • what are pj's?
    • I am fully dressed
    • I only wear underwear
    • other
  2. 2. do your children wear underwear under their pj's?

• yes
    • no
    • other

Yes: sweats are a tracksuit.

L

In my part of the US, sweats and a track suit are different.

Sweats would mean sweatpants and/or a sweatshirt made of sweatshirt material, a heavy material that is all cotton or 50/50.

A track suit would be a thinner set of pants and jacket, most likely made of a synthetic fabric. It is used more for a wind breaker than warmth.

Sweats would mean sweatpants and/or a sweatshirt made of sweatshirt material, a heavy material that is all cotton or 50/50.

A track suit would be a thinner set of pants and jacket, most likely made of a synthetic fabric. It is used more for a wind breaker than warmth.

:iagree: I view them as two different things as well... pretty much like you describe.

I went for "what are pjs?" 

I go to bed in my skin. :)

My kids just wear underwear--underpants, even the girls. Even in the dead of winter. I have bought all sorts of pjs in the past, but I guess they just do like the folks.

They don't undress until bed, though they do wear robes sometimes.  

(I just learned what "Starkers" meant! I guess I answered wrong!)

In the UK (and I think, Australia) a track suit could be either.

L

I wear underwear under my PJs, it would never dawn on me not to. I don't know what kind of underwear all you women wear that make them uncomfortable. I only wear cotton undies, so maybe that's the difference.

For me, it's not the material that bothers, but the elastic areas. I like the fully covered elastic undies, but still, they restrict. At night, after a long day, it's worse.

I have sensory issues about loose clothing, so I wouldn't get any sleep if I didn't have snug clothing next to my skin.  Underwear does the trick most of the time.  So, yep, underwear every night for me.

In related news, my first sign of pregnancy is having hypersensitive skin to the point that it bothers me that air is touching me.

Other for me- Usually not, though unless I need to hold a pad in place.  Always when I'm somewhere like a ladies retreat or vacation with other family members.

Children- no idea- they're all old enough to dress themselves. But I have always requested they sleep with light support sports bras/camis for sleeppvers- just so they don't foget and go flopping out to breakfast in their thin PJ shirts, KWIM?

Okay, all y'all that sleep starkers (<--look at me, all trendy with the lingo)

Aren't you worried about rogue kids in the middle of the night?

Nah. :)

I have a robe nearby, if I need it. But my kids know that if they come into our bedroom, their Dad and I are likely to be in some sort of undress, if not completely "starkers" :)

I used to, but now I'm all breezy under my nighty. I have found myself feeling more constricted at night in the past few years. When it is very hot, I will wear boy shorts and a cami or tank. But then, I used to sleep nakey and now I never do because there is always a kid in my bed.

My dh wears briefs under his boxers, which I find completely absurd. 

I'm not sure about my kids. They wear any combination of boxers, briefs, boxer briefs, shorts, and Jammie pants. We have discussed what needs to be washed daily and what doesn't, but they were noncommittal . The little 2 wear diapers or nothing depending on how brave and/or exhausted I am at bedtime. I do not put undies under jammie pants for little people. Nakey bottoms seem much more comfy. Once they are old enough t dress themselves, they can Decide.

I don't sleep naked, but I'm worried about something happening and having to vacate the house quickly. It's bad enough it would be hard to be quick about it since I sleep on the 3rd floor.

I worry about that here. Heck, when we lived in an apt and i took a nap without a bra there was a fire. We had to evacuate quickly. Did I find a bra? Nope..did I find any flip flops? Nope. I ran out in fleece pants, a cami and high heels. Fast forward two years and hearing our trampoline fly over our house and down the street. Did I find a bra near by? Nope! Flip flops? Nope. I chased a trampoline down our street in a windstorm in a cami, shorts and high heels. I'm determined there won't be a third braless and high heel incident!

Nah. :)

I have a robe nearby, if I need it. But my kids know that if they come into our bedroom, their Dad and I are likely to be in some sort of undress, if not completely "starkers" :)

My parents slept in undies ,or very little clothing. It never bothered me, even as a young adult. 

1 . Hippies. For real. 

2. We lived in a beachy city. Not a lot of clothing anywhere . 

3. Nudity just wasn't a big deal and modesty wasn't even a word we used. "Modesty" was closing the bathroom door, and not changing clothes out in the open, or doing so discreetly.

Ps, did y'all know that wetsuits go directly over bare skin? Shimmying out of a wet, full length neoprene sheath on the side of highway without indecent exposure is very tricky business.

Now I live in the deep south. Bare skin is a no no. My husband is rarely without socks. It's been an adjustment for me.

I have the same crazy fear. If I accidentally fall asleep "starkers", I usually wake up and get dressed in the middle of the night. My neighbors don't need to watch my house burn down AND see me naked!

I know a lady who always dressed for bed because she was afraid of something happening and her having to run down the road in her nightgown. :)  She is hilarious.

If I am not decent I at least have a t shirt nearby to throw on as I dash up the stairs praying to make it before the not-awake-all-the-way five year old doing the I have to go dance in front of the toilet wets the floor. :)  Even worse are the nights when you wake up to the awful noise of supper being vomited all over the floor.  Or, are my dear children the only ones to ever do this???

I answered yes to both questions.  The boys prefer to just sleep in boxers with or without a t-shirt, depending on the weather.

My now deceased grandmother told me years ago that they never wore undies under their pajamas.  I think it had something to do with hygiene.  A bit of "air circulation" ?? ?

After three kids, I feel like I should be wearing Depends full time.  One sneeze and I would wet the bed :lol: .

Yes, exactly, it is for air circulation.  If a girl or woman has a problem with yeast infections down there they need to spend a while letting as much air flow get there as possible (along with other treatments).

How do I know this?  From my pediatrician, and my kids' repeated bouts of yeast when they were little.  My kids (both girls) and I wear underwear at night.  Me because I wear a short night gown and I am NOT going bare-butt if the house catches on fire.  My girls do so under their night gowns, but also under pajama bottoms.  I started this back when they were little and would sometimes have accidents (not just wet accidents) during the night -- underwear contains, and is cheaper to replace if the stains don't come out.

I've never dropped the requirement, for two reasons:

1) the frequency of night gowns (no bare hineys if the house catches fire)

2) as kids grow and are loathe to stop wearing favorite pj's the crotch seams can ride high and rub tender parts during the night.  Panties help protect against this (for adults, too, as I know from personal experience).

And now my eldest is hitting puberty, and I am NOT a tampon user (usage problems, not ethical or moral objection).  Between monthly pads and I-just-sneezed-too-hard-again pads the close fit of undies will be needed for quite some time.

Thank, OP!  I am heartened to find out that so many others also do this!  If anyone ever gives me grief (however gentle) over this again (yes, someone has in the past) I will trot out the statistics from this poll!

Not with pj bottoms, but only own one pair of those.  Seldom with nighties, and the rest of the time it's a short jammie top and whatever suits my mood. :)

Pretty sure dd always wears them, and she'd think it was weird if I asked her. lol