Menu

Considering buying Fiestaware

Luckymama

We have a mix of colors - lots and lots of colors.  :)  Love color.  Love them all.

Drinking espresso from a turquoise cup at the moment.  Yum.  Color makes it taste better.

We bought dinner sets to get started, and added extra pieces.  Some big serving pieces are nice.  I love the butter dish, too.  

I LOVE my fiesta ware. I've had it for 10 years, starting with the dinner sets and adding some service pieces and a couple of butter dishes along the way. And the cutest little salt and pepper shakers. I have a pretty wide variety of colors and love them all. After a holiday dinner or having friends over or whatever seeing all those colors lined up in my dishwasher gives me joy.

I'm the most boring Fiesta user on the planet. I have ivory. I love all the colors- think they're beautiful! But I'm a quilter and I like to use my tablecloths and runners and stuff on my tables, and ivory goes with everything. 

My favorite is the bowls. The fruit bowl and the small bowl are perfect for portion control.  

What I need is a large bowl big enough for a meal salad!

I also like the 9 inch luncheon plates- I rarely use a dinner size plate. 

We have one place setting of each color, with the exception of the new lapis. I can feed more people than can sit comfortably at my table. I have a cobalt butter dish, an orange pedestal bowl, plum S&P. I'm again actively working on collecting serving pieces.

http://www.fiestafactorydirect.com/c-212-place-settings.aspx?pid=185    Here is the factory site, with free shipping over $150, and you can pick the kind of place setting you want (5 piece, 4 piece, 3 piece, or 4 with a larger mug)   You can also buy individual pieces, such as the luncheon plate which does not come in the place setting sets.  

Depending on what you want, it may or may not come out cheaper than Kohl's or Macy's.

so, tell me....what is the HUGE selling point of fiestaware vs a knock off brand/style? I have seem other sets much cheaper, still stone, lots of color options...why should I not consider them and buy fiestaware?? Trying to justify spending the extra money.

Curious as well.

Fiesta lasts and lasts.  Will the knockoffs? Is the glaze as thick? Will it craze when washed in the dishwasher over and over? Is the stoneware as durable?  Maybe the knockoff is the same quality as Fiesta- I don't know.    If you are buying FIesta to use for 5 years or so, until you change your decorating style, then the other brands would probably be a good choice. But if you intend to keep using it for years and years, buying real Fiesta means it'll be there when you need to add a piece or replace something. Maybe the exact colors won't be, but there are always beautiful colors to choose from. 

Fiestaware family here. We love it.

Don't buy from zestydishes.com. It took them a long time to get our order right and they never offered any consideration for it. I had to email her about 12 times after we received a messed up order. It took her 2 reshipments to clear things up and both took a long time, and only came to

pass because of my follow ups.

When I googled the company, it seems the owner's ex-husband was a disgraced politician who had to resign (after impeachment procedings) amid misuse of funds allegations and criminal charges. One of the misuse of funds was paying zestydishes' suppliers with state money. Between that and catching her in a couple of lies and half truths about fixing my order, I have written them off as totally unscrupulous. The prices are good but the outlet, Kohls and Penneys all have good sales periodically.

I switched from my 25 year old chipped Pfaltzgraff to Corelle temporarily, thinking it would be better with the kids.  After a few shattered plates that sent microscopic shards flying across the room I switched over to Fiestaware last year and I love it!  I started with some place settings and have since been adding in new pieces as I find them.  Macy's will periodically have good sales on Fiestaware so that's when I'm going to stock up next.

I went with Fiestaware over one of the knockoffs because I want to be able to find replacement pieces in another year, 5 years, 10 years.  I usually have a knack for picking things that are quickly discontinued, my Pfaltzgraff Yorktowne being the sole exception to that trend.

Go for it! We love ours!

I have enough for 12 people. The colors we have are plum, cobalt blue, tangerine (or is it persimmon?), and marigold. I bought our set 10 years ago and it has seen almost daily use since then. The pieces are sturdy - we've had very little breakage - even with kids doing the dishes. :)

It looks like they have several new colors, too.

And oooh! they've got a good deal for place settings going at Macy's - buy one get one http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/fiesta-dinnerware?ID=16497&CategoryID=47634#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D20

so, tell me....what is the HUGE selling point of fiestaware vs a knock off brand/style? I have seem other sets much cheaper, still stone, lots of color options...why should I not consider them and buy fiestaware?? Trying to justify spending the extra money.

The quality is not the same. If you like to change dishes every few years, buy the cheap stuff. I wanted a set that would last. If a piece breaks, I can replace it. They don't discontinue colors often, but the size and shape will be the same even if they rotate a color out of production. It's made in the US. There's a 5 year guarantee against chipping with normal use. I'm a klutz and have only broken one thing in 10 years, and it was dropped 4 feet onto a tile floor.

Thanks for all the responses :)

I will probably order from the fiestafactorydirect website. The selection is greater than buying at Kohl's or Macy's and the prices are lower. I know I want salad plates and different sized bowls than what come in the place setting boxes.

The problem is choosing the colors! Our kitchen is painted a dark marigold/light terra cotta color (not pumpkin lol) so I can't decide to start with "hot" or "cool" colors. I know I'll probably end up with a grand mishmash by the time I'm done :D

If you don't know what color you want, try to get to a store like Macy's or Kohl's that sells them to see the actual color.  I have one set each of lapis, cobolt, peacock, turquoise, sunflower, marigold, tangerine, shamrock, lemongrass, plum, scarlett, paprika, and ivory.  My favorite so far is the new Lapis.  I love to pair the blues with the yellows.  I started out by getting the boxed place setting.  However, I don't like the mugs with the little round handles that come with the sets.  I buy the mugs with the longer handles you can get your hand in.  For each color I have a dinner plate, salad plate (although it is too small for a salad), fruit bowl, cereal bowl, and mug.  I don't have accessory pieces because I can't decide what color to get.  I thought I'd like the ivory, but it is too bland.  I bought the Christmas tree mug for my ivory set to liven it up.  What I love about Fiestaware is the color.   When I have company/family over, sometimes I let them pick their favorite color when I set the table.  It makes me happy!  I started purchasing 3 years ago and have added as a new color has come out. Some colors can be discontinued.  I started buying after Heather (a lavender) was discontinued.  The plum is too dark of a purple for me. 

I agree with the others who have suggested you check Kohl's before you buy your Fiestaware so you can see all of the colors in person (because a few of them look a lot different online!) and also because if it's already on sale and you have a 30%-off code, you can get it at an amazing price.

I ordered my Fiestaware from Kohl's and a few pieces arrived broken. I thought it would be a nightmare to get them replaced because it was something like one cup from one place setting and a plate from another, but when I called Kohl's, they sent me full replacement place settings and told me to keep the extra unbroken pieces for free. I thought that was really nice. :)

Ooooh, this must be the pretty colored stuff that caught my eye as DH and I cut through Macy's a couple weeks ago. I didn't get to stop and look but it was very pretty.

I think I'm going to add this to the list of things to buy if we ever get around to decorating the house. The paprika, chocolate, and turquoise will match our color scheme very well!

Meanwhile, I'll continue to use my boring, blah looking clear glass dinner set.

So, just FYI, Kohls has their 4- and 5-piece sets on sale for $29.99 OR 4 sets for $99.99.  With the 30% off coupon it added up to quite a bit of savings compared to anywhere else I looked.  And I went through ebates, which has 6.0% cashback for Kohl's right now! 

I just got settings in lemongrass, peacock, scarlet, sunflower, tangerine & lapis. I can't wait until they arrive! 

I know it's made in the USA and the glaze is lead-free. 

This is exactly why I bought Fiestaware rather than a knockoff.

I need to upgrade our kitchen dishes too. Where do you find the best bargins on Fiestaware??? sorry if I hijacked your thread....didn't plan on it...but thanks OP for starting it.

I often get ours at Macy's. they have BOGO practically every time I go in the store. I also sometimes get them on amazon.

I'm the most boring Fiesta user on the planet. I have ivory. I love all the colors- think they're beautiful! But I'm a quilter and I like to use my tablecloths and runners and stuff on my tables, and ivory goes with everything.

My favorite is the bowls. The fruit bowl and the small bowl are perfect for portion control.

What I need is a large bowl big enough for a meal salad!

I also like the 9 inch luncheon plates- I rarely use a dinner size plate.

LOVE the luncheon plates. My kids eat off them all the time.

For "meal" salads I have what I think is the "large" bowls (471). I think they're really serving bowls but DH and I use them or salad. I bought them at Macy's.

The prices are good at Macy's when they have a sale.

So those who mix and match colors, what is the typical number of colors people usually use? Like say they get enough for 8 people - two colors, four colors, eight??

I have 13 different colors and one duplicate. (I think I have 14 place settings). It is kind of addictive. I just wanted service for 12 but they keep bringing out new colors. I need to get the lapis and that will put me at more settings than i'll ever use at one table. But it is fun.

I love our Fiestaware! We have tons of colors - every shade of blue, purple, green, red, coral, orange, yellow. We have a huge household but when smaller groups of us eat it is fun to choose a few that fit my fancy or complement what we're eating. I second the previous poster who said she didn't like the small mugs with a round handle. They just don't feel right in your hand. I also love the pitchers - we have a yellow one and I'm hoping to find another at a yard sale. We have a rough and rowdy household and have never broken a piece of Fiestaware.

To the person considering white - I realize that everyone has their own preference but if you want white I might consider a different set. Every time I see Fiestaware in white or gray I am just sad, because since most fiestaware is vibrant it looks to be lacking.

My daughter uses Fiestaware. She lives in Costa Rica, and she transports one place set at a time back to her home again whenever she comes and visits. She has an assortment of the primary colors, which seems to fit her environment perfectly. I usually keep an eye out for sales throughout the year so that I can get a set for her when they go on sale. We always wait until there is a half-off sale. We have never, ever paid full price. Macy's seems to have half-off sales at least twice/year.

So, just FYI, Kohls has their 4- and 5-piece sets on sale for $29.99 OR 4 sets for $99.99.  With the 30% off coupon it added up to quite a bit of savings compared to anywhere else I looked.  And I went through ebates, which has 6.0% cashback for Kohl's right now! 

I just got settings in lemongrass, peacock, scarlet, sunflower, tangerine & lapis. I can't wait until they arrive!

I have a 20% off coupon..but not a 30% where did you get that one? And does anybody know when this sale end?

Also, does anybody just buy ONE (or even just like 2-3) different colors...and not the whole rainbow? I was just curious. I know one of the ideas with fiestaware is to have the whole rainbow...but I was just curious if there were people out there that didn't.

Oh, another question....the 4 for $99...is that 4 of 4 different colors...or do they have to be all the same color?

I have a 20% off coupon..but not a 30% where did you get that one? And does anybody know when this sale end?

Also, does anybody just buy ONE (or even just like 2-3) different colors...and not the whole rainbow? I was just curious. I know one of the ideas with fiestaware is to have the whole rainbow...but I was just curious if there were people out there that didn't.

Oh, another question....the 4 for $99...is that 4 of 4 different colors...or do they have to be all the same color?

The 30% off coupon came in the mail. It was one of those you peel off to see if it is 15, 20 or 30%. The online code is NOTEBOOK30 and expires tomorrow :).

The 4 sets can be different colors. I bought a total of 12, 2 each of 6 different colors.

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I don't like all the colors mixed up.  I just have one color - cobalt blue.  I could see doing up to 3 colors that compliment each other but more than that just looks disorganized to me.