Menu

Mr. Ellie is in the hospital...

I'm sure he'll be fine, but he woke with chest pains in the wee hours of the morning, and we experienced paramedics up close and personal for the first time.

Turns out it was NOT a heart attack (he had a heart attack and bypass surgery about 13 years ago); an angiogram has been scheduled for tomorrow morning to try to figure out what did happen.

Right now Mr. Ellie feels fit as a fiddle and is bored silly in the hospital room. Happily, he has a laptop, and the hospital has free WiFi, so between goofing off on the Internet and watching DVDs on the laptop, he can keep himself busy at least a little. And I can do the same while I keep him company :-o

We just came back from 5 days in Seattle for our dd's wedding; how glad are we that this didn't happen while we were there!

Oh my! How scary! I'm glad he's feeling better now! Have they explained what it could have been! I pray that he continues to be "fit as a fiddle" for many years to come!

hey, you were in my back yeard and you didn't come to visit me??? Just cuz you don't know me is no excuse! ;) Hope you had a good time while out here!

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I'm sure he'll be fine, but he woke with chest pains in the wee hours of the morning, and we experienced paramedics up close and personal for the first time.

Turns out it was NOT a heart attack (he had a heart attack and bypass surgery about 13 years ago); an angiogram has been scheduled for tomorrow morning to try to figure out what did happen.

Right now Mr. Ellie feels fit as a fiddle and is bored silly in the hospital room. Happily, he has a laptop, and the hospital has free WiFi, so between goofing off on the Internet and watching DVDs on the laptop, he can keep himself busy at least a little. And I can do the same while I keep him company :-o

We just came back from 5 days in Seattle for our dd's wedding; how glad are we that this didn't happen while we were there!

Oh, I'm glad he is doing well!! I'll pray they find out what it was.

First of all, I'm so glad your dh is doing well! It's very scary when events like this happen. I hope you had a good experience with the paramedics. If I'm remembering where you live correctly, the medics would have been from the same system for which I work.

Fortunately, we are very lucky in that there are several good hospitals in this area, especially ones for cardiac care. Good Luck to you and your dh. And congratulations to your dd.

Ellie, I'm so glad Mr. Ellie is doing okay right now! Please keep us updated and I will pray for him and you.

How was the wedding?! How was your visit to Seattle? What did you do? Where did you go? I still miss that we couldn't get together, but I do have to say that my 8yos caught a 22 inch trout at kids' camp that day (Sunday) and I so wouldn't have missed his pure joy for the world. He was so jazzed!! He'd been trying to catch a fish all summer in the creek near our backyard and hadn't. Then THIS. Wowzers.

I hope the wedding was lovely -- did you have good weather for it?