Menu

Problems posting since the maintenance

Ellie

I cannot use Firefox to post here. When I click "reply," it tells me I must enter a message. Um, I did that. The hyperlink feature doesn't work.

Furthermore, when I tried to contact TPTB, it keeps telling me that I entered the security information wrong. I don't know what the heck I'm supposed to enter in the field that says "A, B, ?, D, E." I try to enter the funny letters and whatnot but I'm not sure if it's case sensitive and it's tricky to read, anyway.

So I'm having to use IE instead of Firefox. I rarely use IE any more. Before the big change last year, I couldn't use Firefox, but those issues were fixed. Now they're worse than before. Ugh.

Not a happy camper. ::grumblegrumblegrumble::

Ellie, when there a series given like "A, B, ___, D, E" it's asking you to type whatever is missing in the sequence, so "C" would be your answer for this one. Sometimes it's an addition problem and you type the missing number.

I cannot use Firefox to post here. When I click "reply," it tells me I must enter a message. Um, I did that. The hyperlink feature doesn't work.

Furthermore, when I tried to contact TPTB, it keeps telling me that I entered the security information wrong. I don't know what the heck I'm supposed to enter in the field that says "A, B, ?, D, E." I try to enter the funny letters and whatnot but I'm not sure if it's case sensitive and it's tricky to read, anyway.

So I'm having to use IE instead of Firefox. I rarely use IE any more. Before the big change last year, I couldn't use Firefox, but those issues were fixed. Now they're worse than before. Ugh.

Not a happy camper. ::grumblegrumblegrumble::

Chrome isn't working. It says I did not enter a message. If I quote it lets me post but it changes my text to say " "

I would not dream of using such language as &nbsp!

Chrome isn't working. It says I did not enter a message. If I quote it lets me post but it changes my text to say " "

I would not dream of using such language as  !

On a positive note I can use the enter key in IE now.

It's all ugly IMHO.

My work requires a lot of interaction with the web. I must develop nicely formatted content, links to other pages, and embedded applications. Sometime the only way I can get what I want is to code straight HTML. Sometimes it works fine on one browser, and not another.

So I'm constantly changing browsers. I don't think it was this bad a year ago. Really.

Is it working for everyone now? If not, there's a thread in Site discussions about this. :) 

It's fixed for me in Chrome on a Mac.

Still having problems with Firefox.

John suggested logging out, clearing out your browser's cache, and then restarting the browser.

Tried posting 5 times this am only to have nothing post.

Here is my 6th attempt.

It's Alive!!

:tongue_smilie:

Finally able to post. Now you better watch out! I am home and bored tonight!

Join the Club. :D

I followed the advice to clear cache/history etc. so I could have a post go through. I have no control over fonts, etc. no emoticons, etc. nothing. zip. zilch. nada.

but, I can still make paragraphs and post. and that's about it. I haven't tried IE since the maintenance - I had stopped using it for wtm because the enter key didn't work. maybe that works now . . . . .

I followed the advice to clear cache/history etc. so I could have a post go through. I have no control over fonts, etc. no emoticons, etc. nothing. zip. zilch. nada.

but, I can still make paragraphs and post. and that's about it. I haven't tried IE since the maintenance - I had stopped using it for wtm because the enter key didn't work. maybe that works now . . . . .

There's a little switch at the top left corner of the editing window. Can you click that?

I can post, but I have no access to editing, smilies, etc.

Weird.

Can you see them and they're greyed out?

Yep, exactly.

And when I reply it's in a weird font, but doesn't show up looking that way when it posts.

There's a little thing that looks like a switch in the top left corner of the editing window. Above the B. Click that.

I tried switching that little switch in the upper left this morning and it didn't work.  It looks as though it did something this time, though, since the font looks "normal" while I'm typing right now.

I'm in Safari on a Mac.

Now, if I could only figure out where the new content in "View New Content" wandered off to ....

I'm in Safari on a Mac.

Now, if I could only figure out where the new content in "View New Content" wandered off to ....

My new content wandered off, too. It's driving me nuts.  I'm also using Safari on a Mac.  Are Safari users only ones having issues with this?

Testing in Firefox here.... :huh:

Got smilies... hyperlinks?  Seems to work....

Don't know what the switch above the B and to the left of the eraser is... and since it looks like this is working, I don't want to click on it....

Good luck Ellie!

Can I post yet?

ETA: So far, so good. Can I do hyperlinks?

No.

Smilies?

No.

If the editing controls are there but greyed out, click on the little switch above the B (for Bold).

New content does not work for me. After the first fix the "unread by me" new content did not work, so I switched to "last 24 hours" and it was fine. After the second fix none of the settings for new content work.

This is exactly what happened to me.

On Chrome, when I type a post the words I enter are in a type-writer script and they break randomly at the end of the line. I can't insert links into words, and the 'View New Content' button doesn't work.

Best wishes to the techies - this must be hard.

ETA: I've cleared my browser history.

L