Menu

My heart is heavy. :-(

A week or so ago, a fellow homeschooling mom was killed in a car accident, leaving behind her husband and six kids.

One of my best homeschooling memories is having this great lady come over and watch me homeschool my oldest two (who were probably six and five at the time), just to see what it looked like (she wanted to homeschool, but was hesitant, and at least one family member had questioned her ability to pull it off).

At the end of our time together, I thought, "Wow...I've just turned someone against home learning", lol, but she stopped before she went out the door and said, "You know, if this is all you're doing...I could do this!" LOL! Still not sure how that was meant, but...I like that it came off that way.

To say that her family is devastated is an understatement, naturally. Her husband just looked so...lost. The pastor said that her brother made the statement that it would take three or four people to replace what she did. My daughter was haunted by the sight of her second-oldest son and little girls sobbing, at the service.

It's just...there just aren't words, guys.

If you're a praying person, please pray for Candy's family. They'll need it.

I know we've had some good conversations, since, about valuing your loved ones, counting your blessings, and living every day with the knowledge that it's all we're guaranteed.

I hadn't seen Candy for a few years, since before our last move to VA (I'd never met her two youngest, the littlest of which I don't even think is a year old, yet), but we attended church together at one point, and belonged to the same homeschool group at another...and I was shocked to see so many people that I knew, and so many folks that I knew, who also knew each other from different veins of life.

All because of a connection to her, in some way or another.

Her service was in one of this area's bigger churches...and it was filled. They even had to go and get more chairs because there were people standing, and I still don't know if there was enough space for everyone to sit.

I guess I was just amazed at how connected we all are, even when we don't realize it.

Can we write to the families?? Would they appreciate letters of support/drawings from kids who care??? Could they take donations? There are a lot of families on here who could brighten their day with some incredible givings! Please let us know!!

Blessings!

Tara

:grouphug: I can't imagine the grief you must be feeling right now. The family of this dear lady will certainly be in my prayers today, and I will remember you too.

If you haven't read the book, "The Shack" by William P. Young, I'd highly recommend it for you to read soon.

Blessings,

Lucinda

Can we write to the families?? Would they appreciate letters of support/drawings from kids who care??? Could they take donations? There are a lot of families on here who could brighten their day with some incredible givings! Please let us know!!

Blessings!

Tara

There is a fund set up, and I'm sure the kids would appreciate kind words...but I'll have to get back to you. I hesitate to share too much of someone else's business (especially a painful one) unless it's absolutely authorized.

I'll get back to you about this, though. Feel free to PM me, or I can just update this thread when I'm totally sure.

sure makes me think . . . if I knew the future would I regret NOT homeschooling.

Even though her time was shortened the extra time spent with her kids because of homeschooling was a gift. A gift that you helped her to give by opening your homeschool to her observations.

:grouphug: to you and your family.

My first thought was what a blessing it was for her children that she followed the call to homeschool them. Thank goodness she didn't listen to the doubting relatives. Think of all the wonderful memories made, and all the extra time spent together, because of homeschooling.

I'll be praying for you and for Candy's family. :grouphug: