Menu

Kid wanted

Remudamom

My ds, 14, would be perfect for this job. He is 5'9" tall and only weighs 94 lbs! This is my zoology boy who is not put off at all by muck. Whenever I take care of my friend's farm, he is my right hand man, mucks out like a champ, and the horses love him. He took dressage lessons for one year.

Unfortunately, I don't think we live anywhere near you.

Faith

I have been covertly pony shopping all morning and you go and post this!!!!! Come on! He would love the snow and I have 4 riders just within my own brood.

.....then again, I could always ship you the twins :p

I am always pony shopping. I'm trying to figure out how to talk my dh into one more so I could train it to drive then sell it. Then repeat.

Go ahead and send your twins. After my triplets I'm pretty fearless, even if they are both boys!

Wanted: Kid of either gender willing to ride every day, all day on this pony that is too small for me! Must be slightly off their rocker, willing to eat on the run, oblivious to dirt. Must not freak out about horse poop. Adventurous spirit required.

fablesaddle_zps06464cb0.jpg

I have three girls ready and willing...when is this pony coming to SC?

Wanted: Kid of either gender willing to ride every day, all day on this pony that is too small for me! Must be slightly off their rocker, willing to eat on the run, oblivious to dirt. Must not freak out about horse poop. Adventurous spirit required.

I would say to send the pony here but with our blizzard like conditions coming and going today we would lose him in the snow. My kids would love another horse.........anything from a mini to the 17.2hh mule my 4'10" daughter wants to buy.

dude that sounds wrong on so many levels lol

Lol I hadn't thought the wording out until you said that. You're right it sounds terrible. That's what I get for typing on too little sleep :tongue_smilie: . To clarify, I have a good sized QH gelding from racing lines that I need to put some training into this spring.

I have a very enthusiastic 10 year old jumping up and down. She likes horse poop, dirt and flies. She doesn't need to eat if she has a horse or anything else for that matter.

Where do I send her? I will pay postage, send a change of clothes, and remind her to use her manners on all human folk. :)

Or if you are so inclined you can just ship him here and just make her pee her pants.

Shucks - you might have a good idea! I have two (ponies, not kids) who are partially trained but need finishing. I think I'm going to loan them (free) to 4H, pony club, or other show types of folks for the spring/summer/fall... someone can have a free pony for the season and the two can get some more miles. The kicker is the pony has to go - not the kids come here. Our insurance doesn't cover kids coming here (except when they were friends of my guys).

MY kids had the nerve to grow up and move on, plus, to be honest, they never had the "horse" gene - they always considered them work - I can't relate at all. I warn them that THEIR kids will be bugging them for ponies and be jealous that they grew up on a pony farm...

Shucks - you might have a good idea! I have two (ponies, not kids) who are partially trained but need finishing. I think I'm going to loan them (free) to 4H, pony club, or other show types of folks for the spring/summer/fall... someone can have a free pony for the season and the two can get some more miles. The kicker is the pony has to go - not the kids come here. Our insurance doesn't cover kids coming here (except when they were friends of my guys).

MY kids had the nerve to grow up and move on, plus, to be honest, they never had the "horse" gene - they always considered them work - I can't relate at all. I warn them that THEIR kids will be bugging them for ponies and be jealous that they grew up on a pony farm...

Just ship them to Northern Michigan, we will put miles on them! ;)

Yeah, what is the deal with the H gene skipping generations? I don't get it at all. Out of five kids I've got one that is still interested, and that only partly. And none of them want to train, they just want to ride however they feel like it. Drives me batty.

Just ship them to Northern Michigan, we will put miles on them! ;)

If it weren't for shipping costs I would! Shipping costs would really put us into the red with Michigan though... fortunately, I just had someone (unrelated to the Hive) contact me from MD. That's more in our range.

Yeah, what is the deal with the H gene skipping generations? I don't get it at all. Out of five kids I've got one that is still interested, and that only partly. And none of them want to train, they just want to ride however they feel like it. Drives me batty.

Glad to know it's not just me. I was thinking there was something wrong in how I raised my boys. I bought them each a great child safe pony, plus, when I was small enough to still do the training myself they had several here they could choose from. I'd put them on the ponies and they'd ride for 5 - 10 minutes then be done. Their friends would all want to ride when they came over, of course, but my guys would want to go out back and play instead... :glare: I'd have felt I was in heaven if I had been born into either your house or mine! Instead I had to drag my dad along to support my horse fix. Fortunately, he was willing and became a great show groom.

fablesaddle_zps06464cb0.jpg

Here's a little story: When I was between 10 and 13, I was such a horse lover, but I had no opportunity to ride. My mom's friend had two underexcercised, incredibly badly behaved ponies. I was so desperate to ride, I rode those terrible barn rats! :laugh: I was thrown, smashed into trees and bucked numerous times. I'm amazed the owner and my mom was okay with that arrangement. It does seem to me that the riding ended after a time when I was thrown so badly, I was unconscious and the lady saw a riderless horse trot back to the barn. It wasn't good. :bored:

Your pony there even looks like that bad pony. Her name was "midnight," which probably seemed like a good name when she was a foal, but not so much when she was grey. :laugh:

Here's a little story: When I was between 10 and 13, I was such a horse lover, but I had no opportunity to ride. My mom's friend had two underexcercised, incredibly badly behaved ponies. I was so desperate to ride, I rode those terrible barn rats! :laugh: I was thrown, smashed into trees and bucked numerous times. I'm amazed the owner and my mom was okay with that arrangement. It does seem to me that the riding ended after a time when I was thrown so badly, I was unconscious and the lady saw a riderless horse trot back to the barn. It wasn't good. :bored:

Your pony there even looks like that bad pony. Her name was "midnight," which probably seemed like a good name when she was a foal, but not so much when she was grey. :laugh:

I had a Quarter horse once born coal black and was solid white by two yrs old.

And yes, she's a little demon. It's the Arab in her.

As long as you all know I'm finished homeschooling. There will be no math, history or grammar. Have to make do with reading and biology.

I am sure there is a problem in that statement somewhere but I have yet to find it. :)

As for reading, if they are horse books.... well there are no books in the universe that are not horse books so we need not worry.