Menu

If you spent 4 hours making cereal

Χά�ων

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just a little bit bothered that more then one person has actually thought about this. I can honestly say I do not have a body disposal plan in place for where I live.

Apparently Siri on an iPhone 4S can help you with this. I've actually watched a person ask Siri how to dispose a body and she assisted him with that task....

Yeah really, you could be using all that extra time to read about kilts, eating cupcakes (I heard a rumor that you sit around all day eating cupcakes), playing Minecraft, watching back episodes of your favorite shows on Hulu or Netflix, looking up Nutella recipes... Do I still get a brownie? Can I eat it for breakfast? I like mine with frosting if that matters.

Hang on, I was reading through the thread but I'm stuck on this post... Nutella recipe? I think you just made my christmas! Must google...

...and Cat, in my area the way to get rid of the body is to take a boat out to sea and throw it overboard

That's so true. A couple of cinderblocks and a sturdy rope or chain, and you're good to go.

And if the weather is nice, you can also get in a little fishing before you go back to shore.

I guess I should explain: right after the 4s came out a friend of a friend decided to ask Siri the most outrageous question he could think of, which was how to dispose of a body. Siri responded that based on our location and the size of the object the trunk would be the best solution, or some such thing. It really was strange, but hysterical at the same time.

I guess I should explain: right after the 4s came out a friend of a friend decided to ask Siri the most outrageous question he could think of, which was how to dispose of a body. Siri responded that based on our location and the size of the object the trunk would be the best solution, or some such thing. It really was strange, but hysterical at the same time.

So I guess that's the story you'll be sticking to, right? ;)

Here's the granola recipe I use. It's easily customizable and doesn't take 4 hours. I made enough to last 3 kids two weeks in 30 minutes the other day. Just add milk.

How much did you make that last 2weeks for your 3 kids?

I just made granola last night. It is great! I will try your recipe some time soon. Thanks for sharing!

Here, the cheapest boxes are nearly $4 per box. My kids can put down one box a day, so that definitely racks up quickly. I have a very limited grocery budget and I'm not wasting that much money on something that only last ONE day! I make granola too. Here's the recipe I use.

Thanks for the recipe. I love to make granola.

Yes, I'd probably be upset. I'm imperfect that way. I make homemade granola. It doesn't take 4 hours, but it's best when cooked at a low temperature for a couple hours--and I have to be somewhat attentive when there's food in the oven and the oven is on, although I get other things done during that time.

I haven't made my granola in a long time and this thread is getting me hungry. I like my granola and the ingredients (pecans, real maple syrup, high quality coconut, etc. are expensive. When I make it, I look forward to eating it the next morning. If one of my kids wasted all of it, I'd be upset--and probably hungry too. When I'm hungry, things bother me more.

Because of this thread I am making granola for the first time!! And because of the other one on breakfast, I am making breakfast burritos in the morning! I was craving breakfast burritos all day but did not have tortillas, jalepenos, or salsa! Thank you all for forcing me to grocery shop when I should have been done for the day!

Edited: changed grandma to granola!!! Stupid phone auto correct!!

Because of this thread I am making grandma for the first time!! And because of the other one on breakfast, I am making breakfast burritos in the morning! I was craving breakfast burritos all day but did not have tortillas, jalepenos, or salsa! Thank you all for forcing me to grocery shop when I should have been done for the day!

I just don't even know what to say about that.

Ugh!!! Granola, I am making granola!! I always use my phone and it autocorrects things I spell correctly. I generally check, but I have a four month old and I just taught ballet for four hours. Lack of sleep and physical exhaustion....

My granola is yummy though. Not as sweet as my grandma. She gives sugars, but not the kind you eat :) (that is what she calls kisses).

I need an embarrassed smiley for this one...but again I am on my phone, this is the best I have :S

Ugh!!! Granola, I am making granola!! I always use my phone and it autocorrects things I spell correctly. I generally check, but I have a four month old and I just taught ballet for four hours. Lack of sleep and physical exhaustion....

My granola is yummy though. Not as sweet as my grandma. She gives sugars, but not the kind you eat :) (that is what she calls kisses).

I need an embarrassed smiley for this one...but again I am on my phone, this is the best I have :S

Don't be embarrassed -- I thought it was hysterical!!! :D

I never understand when People say cereal is expensive? I pay no more than $2 a box. I don't buy sugar cereals or generic.I only buy GF cereals, so I'm limited to what I can buy. I just bought large boxes of Chex for $1.50 a box. Without a coupon it would have only been $2/ box. I will buy 10-20 boxes and it lasts me until the next time it goes in sale.

The cheapest cereal here is bags at the walmart for $3 a bag. For a regular small box typically out here it is almost $5 a box. To buy the Jumbo or family sized boxes out here you are looking at $8-10 a box. The only time cereal is $2 a box is when corn flakes go on deep sale. It is not very often. And of course being Canada, coupons out here are only for 75 cents off at most. Cold cereal here is very expensive. I could see making it myself if I actually had enough time to do so. We simply don't buy it and the kids no longer get any unless ds buys it himself with his paycheque.

Just wanted to post in the Great Cereal Kerfuffle.

1) I cannot imagine actively making anything for 4 hours. Yes, I do cook turkeys and use my lead-lined crockpot (crockpots should at least be mentioned in this thread), but those are pretty lazy.

2) My dh often buys my kids crappy auger-laden cereals like Pops and Frosted Flakes. Just take away my homeschooler card right now.

3) Cajuns dispose of dead bodies by taking them into the swamp. Anything can happen in the swamp. You want to dispose of a body? I can call my uncle and hook you up ;).

4) Vodka. Sigh. Enough said.

5) Tonight dh was in charge of dinner. We ate tater tots. Debate that one. Again, I forfeit my homeschooler card.

6) There just aren't enough kilts in this thread! You guys are slacking.

7) Editing number 5. It really should be "Rum. Sigh."

Consider this my contribution to WTM infamy.

I think this might be my first for real Laugh Out Loud thread on the Hive. I've smiled and giggled a time or two, but this time I was smiling, snickering, giggling, then I got to Joanne's:

Grape Nuts and Mental Nuts. It was all downhill from there, and I'm still laughing!

Love this thread! I am constantly amazed at the things that turn in to hot topics. I've witnessed cupcakes and now homemade cold cereal. I sure would like to read the crockpot thread some day, but have no idea how to find it - especially with the new and improved search(less) boards.

Our family ate McRibs tonight for supper. Where do I send my homeschooler card for revocation?

my dh told me that in college he roomed with 2 other guys. They often ordered a large pizza , it was cut into 8 slices. They would each eat 2 slices so fast they could not even taste them just so they would not be the guy that only got 2 slices, they raced to get a 3rd slice.

Grandma had DS last night and stopped and bought Little Ceasers for dinner. She bought DS a sausage pizza. He brought the box in when he got home and it had 3 slices left. It was a 20 minute drive. An hour later he was begging for food. I am screwed when he gets to be a teen if he keeps eating like this.

2) My dh often buys my kids crappy auger-laden cereals like Pops and Frosted Flakes. Just take away my homeschooler card right now.

Consider this my contribution to WTM infamy.

:smilielol5:

My DH loves tools as much as the next guy. In fact, I think he is a tool hoarder. But I sincerely doubt he try to feed them to the kids!

Grandma had DS last night and stopped and bought Little Ceasers for dinner. She bought DS a sausage pizza. He brought the box in when he got home and it had 3 slices left. It was a 20 minute drive. An hour later he was begging for food. I am screwed when he gets to be a teen if he keeps eating like this.

If it makes you feel better, on the couple of occasions when I tried Little Ceasar's pizza I did not find it to be filling or sustaining.

I don't think it's made of food.

We're vegetarians, so "making grandma" isn't an option for us. :laugh:

I had this overwhelming desire to make granola this morning...usually I am too lazy, but I couldn't help myself (for some reason) today.

I really think if making cereal took 4 hours, I would resort to stealing it. You probably wouldn't even have to spend 4 hours in jail for stealing a box of cereal, ironically. You would probably get 1 hour of community service, so really it would be the least time-consuming thing to just steal it.