Menu

I am so excited! I have EPI-PENS!!!!!

Ok, I know that sounds weird, but if you have read any of my previous posts on my son's peanut allergy and the fact that epipens are not available in this country, then you know why I am so excited!!

Not only that... But guess how I go them?

That's right... A fellow WTMer mailed them to me. :D. I don't know if she wants to be named so I am respecting that, but it's just one more way in which this is an amazing place.

I wonder if SWB ever thought that starting a homeschooling forum could one day save a child's life?

Thank you, secret friend, for your generosity. :grouphug:

Epipens are quite expensive too... I'm covered through my husband's insurance, and they're fairly easily accessible to us but I don't think I could send them out of the country *legally*. I know in fact, that I couldn't. Sure they'd be easy to sneak out, but still illegal.

I'm glad someone could step in for you!

I am so glad for you. What a relief.

And, yes, I am awed by this community. My DDs have shoes with no holes on their feet today because of these women. And my older DD will receive gifts on her birthday thanks to this board. This place has seriously restored some of my faith in humanity and the basic goodness of people. Or maybe it's just homeschoolers. :D

Very nice!! Do you have Benadryl fast tabs, too? They should be in your allergy kit :) Remember to put your address and name/phone number in case it gets left behind somewhere... Good to know it could get in the country :)

They don't have those here either but I carry the liquid with me everywhere because just aren't really labeled well. :glare:

It isn't illegal to have epipens, they are just not available. They don't sell them here. So it would have gotten through customs either way, the question is whether I would have had to pay a hefty fee. But it got through without a hitch!

I am very blessed!!

It isn't illegal to have epipens, they are just not available.

I didn't mean to imply that you having epipens was illegal! It is however illegal for me to give an epipen to someone else. In Canada, it's prescription only, and you cannot give a prescription to anyone else but the person it was prescribed to. So I couldn't legally send you an epipen. :001_huh:

Oh HURRAY!! I don't know how you could have been there for so long without one and not have gotten an ulcer from worry! HA! We have a very severe peanut allergy kiddo and I don't let that pen leave my side unless we are in the house and everyone's hands are washed. Even then, I know exactly where it is if we need it.

SO glad you have them now! What a relief!