Menu

wondering how long it will take for Dh's great aunt to unfriend me on facebook :)

She's mean, not caring about others, rude, and makes obnoxious and ignorant posts on facebook constantly. I normally ignore her. Now, however, I'm 40 weeks pregnant, cranky, and just not in the mood to deal with dumb mean crap. So I'm responding whenever I want, with what I really think. As an example, when my husband posted something about a gay veteran wanting military benefits for his husband she proceeded to ask if DH was gay. When he assumed she was joking she commented again, demanding an answer. So I told her that yes, he is very very very gay, our marriage is a total sham, I'm not even actually pregnant, that the whole thing is a cover for his love of other men. :tongue_smilie:

Other examples include her ranting about politicians making ads in spanish, because everyone should speak English in this country...then an hour later her responding to a critical remark on facebook by speaking in Maltese so the person in question wouldn't know what she was saying about them. So I just replied by quoting her previous post about speaking English in America.

I know it is petty. I know I should just igonre. But you know what? It's fun....and I've never met her, will never meet her, she has no contact with my husband other than facebook, he can't stand her posts, and most of the rest of her family has unfriended her already for the rude/mean/etc things she says. (the other day I posted about how my 2 year old had colored on the floor and she replied "maybe you should have thought of this before getting pregnant with another one.").

So yeah...I figure worst she can do is unfriend me, and then I don't have to see her rude posts anymore :)

I know it is petty. I know I should just igonre. But you know what? It's fun....

I'll admit that I have poked at people just for fun, because they really, really deserved it. And those were people (read: in-laws) I do have to see IRL. :leaving: Some people make it so easy. ;)

My vote is that 40 wk pregnant women should get to do whatever they want. :D

Why not just unfriend her yourself? Obviously, she's not a real friend, so just click that button. Problem solved!

But if she unfriends Aunt Meanie, what will she do for fun? ;)

It's not like her gay husband is going to be of much use to her. He probably doesn't even speak English. :D

But if she unfriends Aunt Meanie, what will she do for fun? ;)

It's not like her gay husband is going to be of much use to her. He probably doesn't even speak English. :D

That's what I was thinking. Ya unfriend her eventually, but for now at least some good can come out of it. Some self satisfying tormenting? :lol:

She sounds obnoxious