Menu

When does school start?

PS starts the day after Labor Day. We school year round with a break in July and Christmas, but the official new school year begins the last week in September. The only reason for this is because that's when we started the first year.

Blessings,

Lucinda

Our public school starts Aug 4th. My husband is a teacher and starts July 28th, so we start when he does. He gets 6 full weeks off during the school year, so we get to take 10 extra days off since he works 190 days and we only have to do 180.

Because we start a week earlier and our kids' friends in the neighborhood are still out, I usually start the first week kind of light so they can be done earlier and have play time with the others.

Amy of GA

Darin's wife for 17 years

11yo dd

5yo ds

The local public schools here are starting on August 18th. We usually try to stick more or less with their schedule, but this year we're adjusting to put us in synch with my daughter's college calendar. So, we'll start our homeschool year the following week, on August 25, after I get back from getting her settled on campus.

We will be starting this Monday. Ps starts sometime in early August, but we are starting July 14th. My husband will be gone for a week and a half on business, and this is our first year back to hs, so what are we waiting for? I told the kids we can go ahead and get some under our belt and take a break when the other kids are in school. Sounds good to me. It's too hot outside to do anything anyway, so why not?!?

The public schools here start the last week before Labor Day. We school year round with a lighter schedule in the summer. I'll be taking August off since I'm due then. No set day to start yet to allow for some flexibility.

Gov't schools start Aug. 25th, I think. Most private schools follow the university schedule and start Aug. 18th. We started the "new year" on July 7th. We school year round so our start date is rather arbitrary, but early July is about when the kids begin moving into the next level of books. (ETA: The school district requires our paperwork for the school year to be filed by Sept. 15th.)