Menu

What small kitchen appliances are always on your counter tops?

I have little kitchen counter space and it's always crowded by kitchen appliances. So I got wondering what you have on your counters?

I have:

crock pot

toaster

kitchen aid

grain mill

food processer

coffee pot

rice cooker

griddle

and we use these just about every day, it's a pitb to take them out and put them away. I need an island or something LOL.

Guest Virginia Dawn

Toaster, coffee pot, mixer

In the cabinet right underneath those is the crockpot, food processor and blender. The griddle is in another cabinet. The Ice cream maker is in the utility room. Those are the only appliances I have.

I keep a toaster oven on the counter and dh keeps his coffer maker out. Other appliances are kept in a pantry/closet and relatively handy. We are planning to redo the kitchen in a year or two and I am planning on at least one appliance garage and maybe two plus an island. Until then, we make do.

Connie

Everything else - mixer, blender, toaster and crock pot must all live elsewhere. Even if I use them daily. If the coffee pot didn't run almost 24/7, it, too, would have to find somewhere else to live. I despise having "stuff" on my counter tops. Honestly, we needed another three feet of counter space in order for any of the pantry-residents to have a permanent home on the counter. But DH wouldn't budge on that one. :tongue_smilie:

We do have an island, and on it is the utensil jar beside the stove (it holds the spatulas, wooden spoons, whisk - things I use in everyday cooking), and a condiment basket by the sitting portion (salt/pepper, napkins, and whatever else the kids happen to stick in there).

I have little kitchen counter space and it's always crowded by kitchen appliances. So I got wondering what you have on your counters?

I have:

crock pot

toaster

kitchen aid

grain mill

food processer

coffee pot

rice cooker

griddle

and we use these just about every day, it's a pitb to take them out and put them away. I need an island or something LOL.

I have a toaster, kitchen aid, can opener, blender (which I NEVER use) and a coffee pot. The crock pot is in the garage where it stays between monthly uses, the grain mill is on my wish list along with the rice cooker and I shove the griddle in a very small cabinet which I have to "wrastle" with every time I want to make pancakes.

I need an island, too. I was thinking somewhere near the Bahamas, but I'd settle for just off the coast of South Caroline.:)

Tiny kitchen here; the only appliance I have room to keep out is the coffee pot. I also have a crock of tools (spatula, mixing spoons, etc.) on the counter next to the stove, since I have only 2 drawers (1 for silverware, and a narrow one that holds 2 hot pads). The only other counter space I have is a clear space next to the sink that has to be open for me to have somewhere to chop, mix, etc.

The KitchenAid I keep under the sink. Major pain to get that out, because it's so heavy (that would be the first thing I would keep out if I had the space). The crockpot and toaster are in a bottom corner cabinet; my upper cabinets are both too narrow and too short to hold any appliances. My rice cooker is in another bottom cabinet with my pots; pans are in the drawer under the oven. I HATE my kitchen. It is a major pitb to cook in, but it is what it is!

FWIW, in my previous kitchen I kept out the coffeepot, KitchenAid, and bread machine, along with a tool crock and a knife block. I kept other small appliances either in bottom cabinets or in the large pantry we had in that house.

If you use your crock pot daily, could you keep it out but set it on a back burner of the stove? I keep a tea pot on the stove like that; just a thought.

Good luck; lack of kitchen space is an irritating situation!

Shelly

Kitchen Aid mixer

food processor

blender

bread machine

toaster

I really have no good cupboards for storing these, so they reside on the counters (and get used frequently).

Waffle iron, crockpots, and the rice cooker are atop the fridge.

Coffee pot

Kitchenaid

Blender

Toaster

and in the winter - crock pot.

I don't like to have things on my counter so it has to be used almost daily to earn a spot there

The only other permanent item is my knife block.

Tap

On my counter are:

kitchen aid

blender

coffee pot

microwave over

The crock pot is on the floor in the pantry, the toaster is in a cabinet. I used my crock pot about once a week so I keep it in the front of the pantry, but I have almost no counter space so I can't keep it there.

Toaster oven/rotisierre - on the floor in the pantry

island-for awhile I put up a card table in the middle of my kitchen. It was a tight fit, but we could all get around it and it was light weight enough that it could be moved quickly. Right now I have a very small computer desk on wheels. I use the "island" when I'm baking to knead and roll out dough, put ingredients on, cool cookies & bread, store the baked goods. I basically use it as a surplus counter top, but don't put anything heavy or permanent on it. It has been very useful.

Right now, only the coffee maker, toaster oven, and the electric kettle. Otherwise I keep all small appliances in cabinets. In our last house we bought a 4-slice toaster that mounted under the upper cabinet. My other appliances were kept in a closet around the corner in the living room (small house, not sure why that closet was there as there were coat and linen closets down the hall). There were a couple of extra steps to get them, but hey--if you're not using something daily, why let it take up space on your counters?

The Kitchenaid and a popup toaster. There is a small piece of counter between the oven and the refrigerator that is so skinny it can' really be used as counterspace. The coffee pot and the blender are there, but I have to move them out to a regular counter to use them, so while they're out, they aren't out for regular use like the others.

We have very little counter space, so the only appliances left out are the toaster and the can opener, both of which get used fairly frequently. Everything else is stored until we need to use it. We don't drink coffee on a regular basis, so we don't even own a coffeemaker.

Oh, I forgot about our blender, thats out too LOL. I don't have much cabinet space though and I don't know if I can fit all the appliances in cabinets. I am going to have to reorganize and see what I can do. We don't have a diswasher so the kitchen liiks like a distater hit most of the time even though we do the dishes 3 times a day.

Just a toaster oven and a blender for my dh who makes smoothies every morning. During the winter I also keep our George Forman grill on the counter, but during the summer we BBQ outdoors.

My sister just came for a visit and left me a juicer, so I have that on our counter until I have time to make cupboard space for it.

Our coffee pot is always on the counter. The crockpot on on the counter often, but only when it is in use. The blender is on the counter a good part of the summer (we like to make smoothies!) The bread machine is always on the counter.

The bread machine and coffee pot are used daily, so putting them away would be pointless. Everything else has a home.

I despise kitchen counter clutter, the cleaning around everything and the visual overload. Things never look clean to me in the kitchen if there is too much stuff out, so I put most of it away. The appliances on my counter are: toaster, coffee maker, coffee bean grinder (although technically the coffee stuff is on a built in around the corner from the main food prep area.) That's it for appliances. I used to have my cuisinart, blender, and mixer out, but I hated looking at them all the time. I cleaned out a cupboard and they have a new home. It really has been just as easy to pull them out to use them.

All I have out are my KitchenAid and my Toaster. Everything else is put away in easily accessible cabinets.

I hate clutter, and I hate clean around stuff, so I like to have almost everything put away. Both my toaster and my Kitchenaid are red, and I love them, so they get to stay out. :)

A Senseo coffee maker. That's it. I, too, like bare counters. The very best thing we did in our kitchen makeover was design the corner cabinet for a large, sturdy top of the line lazy susan. It is a full circle and houses *all* of my small appliances. At the twirl of the susan, I have anything a need at my fingertips! :-D

Well, I guess the pencil sharpener isn't really a "kitchen" appliance, but it's always on our kitchen counter!

The coffee maker is also always out, even though it is rarely used.

But the HotShot is used daily, the toaster fairly frequently.

Our kitchen is tiny, so I keep most of the appliances put away in cabinets when not in use.

MIchelle T

Yeah- since you use them everyday, they pretty much have to stay out! My counters are getting a bit crowded, but things run more efficiently if the appliances I use all the time stay in their places doing their jobs.

Quiver, my list is very similar to yours.

Coffee maker (even though it gets used only a couple of times a week)

Blender (used pretty much every morning for smoothies)

Toaster (also just a couple of times a week)

Rice Cooker (used four or five times a week)

Standing Mixer (twice a week?)

Crock Pot (three or four times a week, probably)

Microwave (We did without one for years, mostly because I didn't want it taking up space on the counter, but now here it is . . .)

Toaster oven

Microwave oven

can opener

Others on a counter but only in storage position are the food processor and blender. We have a crappy kitchen with poor storage. I have a bread machine and ice cream machine up on top of the cabinets. I have very little work/storage space considering all the junk we have.

Toaster, coffee maker, food processor, mixer, blender, ice cream maker, bread machine. (The blender & ice cream maker are only out all the time in the summer, when they get a lot of use!). That Is a lot of appliances out, but I have fairly roomy counters, and also a bad back that protests at bending down to get things out of low cupboards. I love the Look of uncluttered counters!

On my counter I only have my toaster, coffee pot, and George Foreman grill (only because ds loves to be able to throw something on it when he's hungry) I keep my crockpots, blender, food processor, mixer, and waffle iron in a big antique cabinet. My bread machine, deep fryer, and extra George Foreman grills are in a cabinet on my back deck because I have limited kitchen space and don't use them as often.

Can opener. That is really all my counter top can hold (poorly designed 100-yr-old kitchen!). I do also have a toaster on the small island against one wall, and a tea pot that lives on the stove. My KitchAid lives on the bottom of the pantry, so I can hoist it to the counter to use, while the food processor and the blender have to live on a high shelf. I'd love to have a large kitchen, and be able to keep my stuff out and accessible.

Kitchen Aid (too heavy to keep anywhere else)

Toaster Oven

2 Blenders

Electric Water Kettle (used multiple times daily)

I don't have a coffee pot. Food processor, waffle maker, and coffee grinder (used to grind oats and flax seeds, etc.) live in cabinets under the kitchen counter. Crockpot, foodsaver, ice cream maker, bread maker, and dehydrater live in the cabinets in the bathroom off the kitchen. (I have a lot of storage space in weird places in this house.)

toaster

bread machine

food processor (that reminds me: take it to the basement, as I never use it)

coffee mill for flaxseed

knife block

telephone

I also have some canisters with rice, oatmeal, crackers; CDs for the under cabinet mounted radio/CD player; a few cookbooks. These add color to my kitchen, ladies! lol

I may go take a few things out. I could put the popcorn in a different container in the cabinet, and I suppose the Nestle's tin cans could go down, too... for the summer anyway!;)

We added some cabinet space in the mudroom when we redecorated, so the grain mill, cookie sheets, 9X13s and a few other things are just outside the kitchen. I don't know where they'd go in the kitchen!!

Currently I have the toaster, coffee pot, electric can opener (it's supposed to mount under the cabinet but hubby hasn't done this yet since the move a year and a half ago lol), and food processor on my counter but the food processor is going back in the closet because it doesn't get used enough to stay there. I have a large closet in my laundry room that I use for storing appliences and other things that are not used on a daily basis. The microwave is mounted above stove so it doesn't take up any counter space.