Menu

Help me choose a middle name for our son

The first name will be Jack. We both like it, and it is my uncle and my grandfather's name. The middle name is a debate between Tesla and Hudson.

So, Jack Tesla Lastname (two syllables, starts with an M), or

Jack Hudson Lastname.

DH and I love the science connection of Tesla, but worry it might be TOO out there for him and he will hate it. It does have the advantage that he could go by J.T. if he ever wished. This is our last child, so we can't save a name, lol.

Vote for Hudson. I think Jack and Hudson both sound traditional and go together better.

Love the name Jack, btw!

:iagree:

When I think about the name Tesla, I think of an electric car. It also sounds like a girl's name.

Jack Hudson M_____ is a wonderful name!

I like Hudson.

Where are you from? Jack Hudson sounds very Southern to me, and I'm Southern so I like it :)

We are in Florida, so sort of the south, but not really. I LOVE southern names though. If I could convince my dh to make it Jackson instead of Jack I would :)

Oh, and before it was Jack, the other name we threw around was Rhett :)

What, no Copernicus, Kelvin or Huygens???

How about Ptolemy? :lol:

Ok, kidding aside, here's another vote for Hudson. I'm not too crazy about Tesla. I agree with other pp's that it has a feminine feel to it (and I thought that before reading all the replies).

It has to be Tesla. He can go by JT as a child and teen, which is really cool. When he's an adult, he can go by J. Tesla Lastname, which sounds really distinguished, and is also cool. Friends, family and close acquaintances can still call him JT or Jack.

My given name is Kenneth. I was Kenny as a kid and all the way through high school. I transitioned to Ken when I went to college, but I still like it when family and old friends call my Kenny. I have a new friend who has always called me Kenny since I met him a few years ago. Secretly, it makes me feel younger sometimes.

Edited by Dad 4 Boys