Menu

A Sunday Chat

How are you today? It's been a bit of a challenge today and I need to put my feet up, sip some hot Darjeeling tea and nibble on a cookie while chatting with my hive friends.

What is your favorite kind of cookie? (Pretend you're bringing them to share for our chat). Chocolate crinkles. Murder on my blood sugar but oh so yummy! (Oh and let's pretend that blood sugar issues don't exist today!)

List 3 things you are thankful for today.

1. I'm thankful that very bright sunshine is peeking out at intervals between the grey and the rain.

2. I'm thankful that dh was in the car when the car broke down in the middle of the freeway with me driving.

3. I'm thankful that the Sunday paper comes with colorful comics.

How are you today?

What is your favorite kind of cookie? (Pretend you're bringing them to share for our chat).

I'll play!

Favorite cookie is chocolate chip, soft but not too soft, gooey warm chips. Yum!

I am thankful for:

my husband is home all weekend (no international travel)

this fantastic weather (cool breeze, hot sun)

the ability to be LAZY all weekend and accomplish nothing

:D

How are you today?

I had a really great day!

What is your favorite kind of cookie? (Pretend you're bringing them to share for our chat).

Snicker doodles, yum!

Mostly that my son is home from overseas and reunited with his family, and that we got to spend a wonderful 5 days with them all at home last week.

That we are all healthy and well.

That my three youngest are excited about spending their spring break next week working at an inner-city rescue mission and a women's shelter. They are great kids. :001_smile:

How are you today? I was doing VERY well until my 14 yo decided to give me attitude about, well, everything. I sent him to bed early. He needs sleep. So, I'm doing better now!!!

Anything chocolatey-gooey-carmelly. Yum. I treat myself about twice a year!

1. Church was beautiful!!!!

2. I got to see two sons play in their baseball games (and do well) and see a friend of my daughter's in a play. Fun!

3. It's warmed back up for a day!!!!!

jj

How are you today?

I'm good...mostly because I'm looking forward to getting a little bit of a break during the middle of this week (we're on spring break and the kids are going camping with daddy for 2 nights--Tuesday-Thursday). I'm staying home because I just need some quiet time to regroup so we can finish our school year strong (this is our last break until summer break in mid-June).

Hmm..I'll make some chocolate oreo truffles (not sure if it qualifies as a cookie or a candy) to share!

1~My family...even when they occasionally grate on my last nerve! I can't imagine life without them!

2~A full refrigerator/freezer/pantry...I finally made it to the grocery store. It brings me peace to know that we have a house full of food. I am so grateful that we are able to eat good, quality food.

3~The promise of a break later this week....it is much needed. I plan to read, relax, read, watch tv, relax, eat yummy food, maybe do a little shopping, rest, maybe see some friends, etc. I will only have about 36 hours to myself, since I have to work on Tuesday and dh and the kids will be back at lunchtime on Thursday, but I plan to make the most of the time I have!

I am really well--I got a nap after a lovely church service this morning.

My favorite cookies are oatmeal raisin, chewy, and not too much cinnamon.

Three things I am thankful for today:

--unseasonably warm weather

--happy contented children (today, not that this is always true:tongue_smilie:)

--a dh who will discuss books with me

(Parenthetically, I highly recommend the book The Sense of an Ending-- a short, gripping, really thoughtful and thought-provoking book--by Julian Barnes. It has some mature themes, FYI. :001_smile:)

I am well and thankful.

My favorite cookies are chocolate chip - I use a Mrs. Fields recipe. Yummy! Best warm and I like a few toffee bits in them. As Jean said, terrible for my blood sugar and very fattening, but so good. Baking some this week for a friend with a new baby.

I am thankful for:

A lovely, powerful and deep worship service this morning.

A nap this afternoon.

My DH and our children.

I brought peanut blossoms--the peanut butter cookies with Hershey kisses on top. They're still warm and a little melty, so be careful.

Today I am thankful for

a supportive spouse

a very enthusiastic (about everything!) daughter

a little boy who loves to be read to

:)

How are you today?

I'm well. Thanks for asking!

Peanut butter. I'll have a few of the ones hana brought, too!

Good friends

Bacon flavored popcorn

Netflix

How are you today? Great! Thanks for asking :)

What is your favorite kind of cookie? (Pretend you're bringing them to share for our chat). Homemade chocolate sandwich cookies with cream cheese filling.

List 3 things you are thankful for today. A great Sabbath day, the sun is shining after a very long stretch of rain, my kids are playing together nicely, chicken pot pie is baking in the oven. That's 4. . . oh well :D

How are you today? Pretty good. The message at church today really gave me a shaking, and made me realize I've been slipping pretty bad in the spiritual department lately. This was a good thing. ;)

What is your favorite kind of cookie? Plain old chocolate chip, baked just until crispy! None of that store bought stuff either.

List 3 things you are thankful for today. 1. Christ 2. Our family 3. Our little farm :D

I have my tea steeping right now in my French press. Anyone want to plug in some coffee? I don't like coffee but I'm sure that some of you do. I am seriously salivating thinking about all these warm melty cookies!

My favorite mug is one with a stylized kitty face on it. What about yours?

Mmmmm....if I weren't about to head to bed to read coffee would be lovely!

My favorite mug: The big, colorful Target mugs I have :)

I'm thinking about haystacks.

I am thankful that dh has 2 days off this weekend for the first time in 8 weeks.

I am thankful that dd quickly got used to being in the pool today after not having been in the water for 4 months.

I am thankful to be a child of God.

Today I am less exhausted than I have been in the last few weeks, so I will take it!

I will bring the pink lemonade cookies for a change of pace from all the chocolate.

I would also love to bring some herbal tea for those of us who need our sleep.

Three things I am thankful for?

1. The beautiful Sabbath day today.

2. The upcoming Easter season.

3. The country I live in that allows me to worship how I like & educate my children in the manner I think best for them.

Amber in SJ

I will bring the pink lemonade cookies for a change of pace from all the chocolate.

I would also love to bring some herbal tea for those of us who need our sleep.

Tell me about pink lemonade cookies. I've never heard of them.

I love herbal tea too. :001_smile: Peppermint or chamomile are my favorites.

Well, hey there! I'm much better today!

My favorite cookies are chocolate crinkles or butterscotch pudding cookies or oatmeal raisin.

I'm thankful that my husband is home and not traveling, that I decided to take off next week even though I shouldn't, and that I got to see Hunger Games today with my 12 year old. I don't get much time alone with him and it was so nice. I loved the movie, too!

I don't like cookies...you will have to settle for fresh fruit. :)

Today, I am thankful for:

1. An unfailing God, who loves me even when I am unlovable.

2. My husband, who loves me even when I am unlovable. :)

3. Great kids who aren't afraid to do the right thing.

Fresh fruit is great too. What is your favorite fruit?

Yes, I am glad that God and my dh and my kids all love me when I'm unlovable.

How are you today?

I am very well - it's been a lovely day.

I love shortbread cookies.

I'm thankful for:

1. Being able to attend a wonderful service at church this morning.

2. I got to celebrate my 51st birthday today.

3. My wonderful dh who fixes cream puffs for my birthday every year (except for last year when we took friends out for Grater's icecream in Cincy since we were all at the homeschool convention)

Thanks for the invitation to the Sunday chat!

I am very well - it's been a lovely day.

I love shortbread cookies.

I'm thankful for:

1. Being able to attend a wonderful service at church this morning.

2. I got to celebrate my 51st birthday today.

3. My wonderful dh who fixes cream puffs for my birthday every year (except for last year when we took friends out for Grater's icecream in Cincy since we were all at the homeschool convention)

Thanks for the invitation to the Sunday chat!

Happy birthday! I raise my mug to you! :cheers2:

How are you today?

I'm pretty good. Recovering from our first cold of the season and almost better.

What is your favorite kind of cookie?

Homemade shortbread dipped in chocolate

I'm thankful money is not super tight this month; we were able to do a Costco run and buy a week's worth of groceries today.

I'm thankful that I'll be getting a hair cut this month and can finally get rid of this awful and now grown out cut I got last time.

I'm thankful that I'll be heading out to a 3 night retreat later this month.

Today I am doing rather well.... hopeful... at peace...

My favorite cookie is homemade chocolate chip cookies... chewy, not crunchy... warm out of the oven... or room temperature with icy cold milk. Yummmmm.

On this day and particular to this day I am thankful for....

bills paid....

job opportunities/employment....

moments shared with loved ones....

How are you today?

Hi! I'm okay. I don't really eat cookies, but I brought a delicious gluten-free blueberry cobbler with almond crust.

Three things I'm thankful for: 1. My life. 2. My precious family. 3. God's forgiveness. Basics, but I'm having a back-to-basics kind of day, I guess.

How are you today?

1. Feeling better! I've been a little sick/under the weather. Today I gave in, and basically stayed in bed/sleeping til 2 pm - it did the trick!

2. Warm chocolate chip cookies. Mmm.

3.1 See #1 :D

3.2 My bassoon! I got to play a gig tonight, and I'm so thankful and happy I can do that.

3.3 My husband. He's an amazing guy, dealing with a hard, hard place in life. I think he's my hero. :001_wub:

How are you today?

I'm doing OK - better than last week. We weren't able to find a family to join us for a Palm Sunday picnic, so we went by ourselves and met a sweet young family there with a dog that my kids had fun playing with and we managed to get our kite to fly for a little bit.

I'm bringing thick, soft, peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies. And toffee candy bars.

1. Peanut butter and chocolate, and SHORTBREAD COOKIES! (even though I can't eat them.)

2. Dietrich Bonhoeffer

3. bicycles

I feel relaxed and refreshed. It's been a good day!

Favorite cookie: Toss-up. Usually, it's oatmeal raisin, but ds7 and I made some amazing chocolate chip cookies today so I am wavering.

I am thankful for....

...spring break. This break has been a breath of fresh air, both the time to get the house back in order and the time to rest and relax. Today, I didn't go anywhere, not even church. We are definitely going to re-evaluate our activity level next year.

...my garden. It's been cold and rainy in the PNW, but I bought my veggie starts (mostly greens) yesterday, and got just enough of a break in the rain to put them in. Our Korean exchange student helped and we had a great time together.

...my girlfriends. A week home with the boys was topped off by a girls' outing for pedicures and dinner yesterday. I feel relaxed and refreshed.

Cat

Jean, this is such a lovely, warm, hopeful thread.

1. I am doing well, it has been a fun and relaxing weekend.

2. Warm, gooey, soft chocolate chip cookies. Yum!

3. I am thankful for:

* a wonderful, worshipful day at church, followed by good time with my husband's family

* some fun April Fool's jokes...laughter is good for the soul, isn't it?

* spring break this week!

I hope everyone has a good night of rest and a great Monday!

I'm fine, thank you! Had a wonderful time at church - good sermon, yummy potluck after and Easter egg hunt for the kids.

Favorite cookies - well, I'm bringing peanut butter with a Hershey's kiss in the middle. I wouldn't say those are necessarily my favorite (I like all kinds), but I'm in the mood for peanut butter.

Three things I'm thankful for:

1) That I got my vegetable garden in yesterday

2) That I got to go to church (March was a bad month for illness in the family)

3) We got rain yesterday!

I had an awesome lunch at Red Lobster today & since we were with grandma & grandpa, the kids got to order dessert!! One dessert was a huge, warm, soft, gooey, chocolate chip cookie with a side of vanilla ice cream which instantly became my favorite cookie!

I am thankful for: The awesome message I heard today, spending time with my family, and that I home school my kids.