Menu

My sister says: Get a ticket $$ Mega Millions

Yeah, I bought one.:D

Let's just say if I did happen to win we would have the convention the Hive Mind has wanted forever.

The price of the ticket is worth it for the dreams of the ills the money could go to cure. I like to buy one when it's big and then plot out how to give it away where it would do the most good.

After the past nine months I need some harmless daydreaming.:001_smile:

It would be no big deal to me.

I'd just keep living the way I'm living now. No changes *at all*.

I'm very happy with the way things are.

It's all just.so.perfect.

I wouldn't even notice.

It'd just be (yawn) another day.

:biggrinjester:

Nope. You know you would go get a cash card and buy ALL the talks and books. ;)

Better yet, you would probably just go buy CiRCE.

to pick one up tomorrow. $540 million? I'll spend $1 on a shot at that, no matter how ridiculously minuscule that chance is.

I would donate, adopt, build a home for unwed teen moms, buy books and school supplies for all the low income kids in the schools in our parish, donate food to the food kitchen, and, of course, pay off bills and put money up for us and our children.

I would LOVE though, to be able to see a struggling young mom in the store and just pay for all her groceries on the spot, or provide vehicles for struggling families. That's the kind of stuff that would bring me joy.

Oh well, fun to dream...

to pick one up tomorrow. $540 million? I'll spend $1 on a shot at that, no matter how ridiculously minuscule that chance is.

I would donate, adopt, build a home for unwed teen moms, buy books and school supplies for all the low income kids in the schools in our parish, donate food to the food kitchen, and, of course, pay off bills and put money up for us and our children.

I would LOVE though, to be able to see a struggling young mom in the store and just pay for all her groceries on the spot, or provide vehicles for struggling families. That's the kind of stuff that would bring me joy.

Oh well, fun to dream...

Oh gosh wouldn't that be great! To call up a power company and ask which families need their bills paid to keep them from being cut off? Stuff like that.

I'd start a huge therapeutic riding program, fund the library through infinity.... Restart bookmobiles...

I'd buy my parents a house, I know exactly which one, it's currently empty. Then they could move slowly and sell their house later. I'd pay off our house, go buy a Jeep, make an appointment at the dentist, and retire my dh. He'd be on his way to Belize or some exotic beach before the week was out.

I'd order everything in my amazon cart, everything. I'd buy ds a mac, heck we'd go to the Apple store and let him shop.

First would be a visit with a relative that does financial planning. I would pay to move our current home to the same property as my parents house to be. We'd use it as a classroom and live there while we built another house nearby.

We'd still homeschool but our field trips would be spectacular. I'd trace my family roots while pursuing that actual path.

One can dream, right?

Like, as in a historical artifact sense?

No, it is a statistical term, it returns an actual number.

From Wikipedia,

In probability theory, the expected value (or expectation, or mathematical expectation, or mean, or the first moment) of a random variable is the weighted average of all possible values that this random variable can take on.

When I win this tomorrow, we're going to have the absolute best geography and foreign languages curriculum, ever. Travel schooling at it's finest. "Hey kids, let's learn all about Europe next year...in Europe." "Let's learn French in France, Italian in Italy, etc."

Animal shelters will love the, uh...anonymous donor.

I might find some people charities to support as well. I do like animals better, though. :glare:

Members of The Hive would not be forgotten either. ;) Perhaps a dollar or two or three....thousand-ish per family for curriculum and school supplies for the fall. :tongue_smilie:

I'd give each aunt/uncle/cousin a set amount and spoil my immediate family rotten.

All done incrementally. Donations to charities, etc. right away, but I'd try really, really hard not to change too much about our day to day lifestyle at first. There'd definitely need to be a "cooling off" period of adjustment just to wrap our brains around just how much money it all is, then lock most of it up away in trust to save us from ourselves.

No, it is a statistical term, it returns an actual number.

From Wikipedia,

Ah yeah, now it's all perfectly clear to me....:lol: not

A while back I told dh that I'd finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up: a Secret Millionaire. Only one small hitch.

A winning ticket could fix the problem. I already have a long list of people to secretly share with. That would be so fun.

Oh...I'm sending my dh out to buy a few later this afternoon. I'm sure I have a snowballs chance in hades of winning but what the heck! I have. I idea what I would do with the money but I'm sure it would involve paying off mortgages and traveling. My dream is to buy a luxury motorhome and travel the country...so I would definitely do that!

LOL. I've only ever bought one in my life. Maybe now would be a good time to give it a second chance?

Same here. It was an office pool over 20 years ago. This jackpot was the first time since then that I actually thought about buying a ticket.

The first thing I thought of was ds1 could go to the college he wants to without us having to worry about financial aid. My second thought was what my church would do with a tenth of the winnings. Their annual budget is a lot less than that.

Same here. It was an office pool over 20 years ago. This jackpot was the first time since then that I actually thought about buying a ticket.

The first thing I thought of was ds1 could go to the college he wants to without us having to worry about financial aid. My second thought was what my church would do with a tenth of the winnings. Their annual budget is a lot less than that.

Oh, isn't that the truth. One would have to broach the subject very carefully so as to not have one's pastor have a heart attack right there and then.

First thing I would buy is a house. Second thing would be to put the kids in private school. I would like to see our church start a classical school. I would have a place for my own business and get hubby in school for whatever he wants to do with the rest of his life (probably seminary). Oh, and we would visit Ireland, Scotland, England, Finland, and Greece :)

I wouldn't bother guys, one of my sons just picked the winning number on the tickets we are heading to buy :party:!!!

Wouldn't that be nice :D?!?! They did just pick their numbers though.

DH would retire effective immediately. We would pay off our mortgage, hire an interior decorator to finish putting my house together, hire a landscaper to make our yard prettier, hire someone to maintain the yard, hire a personal trainer, and pay off the mortgages and debts of close family members. Oh yes, I promised to buy both my sons a Nintendo DS and 5 games of their choice. I would probably pay off our church's mortgage and figure out what other charities to donate to. Also, a few close friends would benefit.

Boy, it sure is fun to dream!!!

If I won I would I have the nicest library :D

:iagree:

I would also buy a permanent building for the homeschool groups in our town so the sports teams and coops don't have to move from one church to the next all the time.

:iagree:

I would also buy a permanent building for the homeschool groups in our town so the sports teams and coops don't have to move from one church to the next all the time.

Terrific idea!

Library, sports courts, art rooms, a movie theater/lecture hall...

Mrs. Mungo- could your husband leave his job even if you won? I know my dh still has a bit over 1.5 years left of commitment from this last move. On the other hand, whether we win or not, if they let him leave the service earlier than that, he probably will. He has 25 years in right now and he works so many hours that I am just waiting for the first moment he can retire. Yes, I am sure he will work more than 40 hours a week at his next job too but hopefully not as many hours as he works at this job which is ridiculous.

Mrs. Mungo- could your husband leave his job even if you won? I know my dh still has a bit over 1.5 years left of commitment from this last move. On the other hand, whether we win or not, if they let him leave the service earlier than that, he probably will. He has 25 years in right now and he works so many hours that I am just waiting for the first moment he can retire. Yes, I am sure he will work more than 40 hours a week at his next job too but hopefully not as many hours as he works at this job which is ridiculous.

I actually think there is a clause where they let/make you get out if you win a ton of money in the lottery. I think my husband said they actually force you to retire.

Mine has under two years to twenty. So, it would probably make sense to stay and retire, if we could. But, he could probably hire some extra staff to make his job easier. Their hours really are ridiculous in a lot of military jobs. :glare:

I actually think there is a clause where they let/make you get out if you win a ton of money in the lottery. I think my husband said they actually force you to retire.

I have heard this before, but I don't know if it's true or not?