Menu

The baby I hope to conceive a few months from now (keep your fingers crossed please that it happens) is already reading at college level.

I don't even know what to do about this situation.

How can I possibly supply enough books for this super genius fetus-to-be? What should we read next? Did your children all read well before they were conceived?

If not, they should have been. I guess my preconceptions are smarter than your preconceptions.

This board is crazy tonight. Why HAVEN'T I seen a good kilt pic yet?

:lurk5: :cheers2:

You must be posting this because you are jealous that my 16mo caught a chicken and none of your 16mos have caught chickens yet. Well, don't worry. With a little flashcard work and some chicken video watching, I am sure little Fetus will be a great chicken catcher too.

My 16mo peed in the bathtub tonight. Maybe little Fetus will be able to do that too.

Oh pulease. You aren't reading to your ovaries at this point? Your kid is pathetically behind. So don't worry, your kid will be dumb and neglected like the rest of them.

:( I was afraid of that. Maybe there's a center I can take my ovaries to where someone can show me special flash cards and lists or something.

Haven't you heard? There is a great new program just released, Homeschooling-in-utero. Supposedly they come out chanting Latin declensions, writing in cursive, and potty trained. Everyone loves it, they say it's perfect, it was just released today.

Nice! I hope it comes in a Teaching Textbooks type format, where I can just set my uterus up at the computer, because, you know, I don't have time to do that stuff myself. hehe.

Of course, my grandchildren-to-be are working on their doctorates.

Cr*p. I was feeling good about myself. Now I feel like a real slacker. Well, this board will do that to you. :lol:

No, seriously though, I'm pretty sure if I read to my ovaries every day for six hours a day before I ever conceive, by the time I do conceive, my kid will be able to read like as soon as it implants. I won't ever have to deal with Funnix, Reading Eggs, 100 Easy Lessons, none of this nonsense. I'll be able to spend all of my time eating bon bons while my fetus reads at a college level by the time its born. I have a plan, people. And if everybody just followed it, we'd never even need schools at all.

You want to know my secret?

....brace yourself

Lucky Charms and Jelly Belly jelly beans

I ate those like they were going out of style because nothing else would stay down. My kids are freaking geniuses. Ok...you know...at least to me...(once they pull the french fries out of their noses and stuff).

:tongue_smilie:

Really, that worked? Cool!

My secrets were burritoes, salad and hot fudge sundaes. Worked like a charm!!!

Wait, they're not s'posed to have french fries in their noses? :001_huh: I thought that was part of the super-genius creativity! :tongue_smilie:

Oh pulease. You aren't reading to your ovaries at this point? Your kid is pathetically behind. So don't worry, your kid will be dumb and neglected like the rest of them.

I messed up with my kids and didn't read to them until after they were born. I have accepted that they're behind for life, so I've given up on them and started a strict reading and academic regimen for my future grandchildren's eggs. The side benefit is that my own children (poor things) seem to be picking up a bit of it here and there through overhearing, in spite of my failings.

You might consider forming a support group. At least perhaps you could save someone else from this tragic mistake. :grouphug:

That is such a brilliant idea. If even one future life can be changed by this kind of selflessness and generosity, it will all be worthwhile. :tongue_smilie:

And we'll also be needing a 12-Step Program to help the Moms Who Were Too Dumb to Know Any Better, because I'm sure the guilt is overwhelming. Even clueless moms need our support.**

**We can still make fun of them behind their backs, but when we see them in person, we have to be really nice to them and pretend we care.

I would just like to point out that no one has mentioned ovarian science training! Shame on all of you! Honestly, I don't think we could accept such an undereducated egg into our 4-H club...afterall, how would we ever got such a fetus to complete a level one rocket, launch it, and calculate it's altitude and trajectory! :toetap05:

I'm seriously appalled at the lack of science education you are all neglecting with your ovaries! :biggrinjester:

Oh, and dh is reading over my shoulder and suggests that should any of you enroll your uteruses in online courses, you would be well advised to TURN YOUR WEB CAMS OFF!! :lol:

Faith - Yeah, okay...I shouldn't let dh read the board.

I don't know which sends me into more inner torment, that my left ovary is neurotypical or my right ovary supremely gifted.

Can I read them both the same books?

:lol::lol::lol:

I don't even know what's going on here. I've been away from home almost all day and my Beast Academy books came today.

I don't know which sends me into more inner torment, that my left ovary is neurotypical or my right ovary supremely gifted.

Yes. They'll just be functioning at different levels on Bloom's Taxonomy. Don't be surprised if seems like they heard different books.

Ovaries are usually within 10 IQ points of each other. Your left one is probably gifted as well, but twice exceptional. Have you considered OT?

Actually, they can perform science experiments in there. Egg meets sp*rm and all that.

There are also many life lessons you can pull from that as they recall the moment of their inception.

1. It take many men to attempt a job, but just one woman to get it done

2. I can't come up with number 2, number 1 kind of sums it up anyway. :D

Please everyone, do spread the word about ovarian education. Together we will save the world.

Ovaries are usually within 10 IQ points of each other. Your left one is probably gifted as well, but twice exceptional. Have you considered OT?

:lol::lol:

Only a college level? You poor dear, you really will need all the help you can get.

I would loan you our PhD textbooks my children used pre-conception, but you would probably have to read TO them, so it may not do you any good.

Best wishes.

The baby I hope to conceive a few months from now (keep your fingers crossed please that it happens) is already reading at college level.

I don't even know what to do about this situation.

How can I possibly supply enough books for this super genius fetus-to-be? What should we read next? Did your children all read well before they were conceived?

If not, they should have been. I guess my preconceptions are smarter than your preconceptions.

This board is crazy tonight. Why HAVEN'T I seen a good kilt pic yet?

:lurk5: :cheers2:

Haven't you heard? There is a great new program just released, Homeschooling-in-utero. Supposedly they come out chanting Latin declensions, writing in cursive, and potty trained. Everyone loves it, they say it's perfect, it was just released today.

Figures. No outlets for socialization.

Figures. No outlets for socialization.

That's why I timed my fertility cycle to make sure we'd have sextuplet's. Not only are they highly intelligent, they are already best friend's. Their names are Ashlyn (DD), Brittany (DD), Caleb (DS), Daniel (DS), and, um, I forget the rest. But it's true, I promise. They are so advanced that they're already tutoring my older children by hiccuping in Morse code.

(I wish I had time to write more, but we're in the middle of putting in an offer on an 80 room house on the coast where we'll live with my husband the tree surgeon and his collection of kilt's.)

I messed up with my kids and didn't read to them until after they were born. I have accepted that they're behind for life, so I've given up on them and started a strict reading and academic regimen for my future grandchildren's eggs. The side benefit is that my own children (poor things) seem to be picking up a bit of it here and there through overhearing, in spite of my failings.

:grouphug: It's okay. At least you learned from your mistakes and you're looking out for your grandchildren. How are they anyway? Booking any Disney trips for them yet? All the good grandparents do that, I hear (I know, I know, it's hard to think of time away from their studies when they're SO advanced, but you HAVE to, you know. There's gotta be a balance)!

So the baby is reading only in English? Don't worry...I suppose there's time to refine her Latin and French once she's born. I'm sure she'll catch up.

I'm sick of educational snobbery like this around here. I've decided for personal reasons that we will NOT do second languages pre-conception. You can push YOUR embryos as hard as you want, I'm perfectly content with the fact that mine is reading- IN ENGLISH- at college level before s/he is even conceived. :P

Well, that seals it, Nance. I have been suspecting for years that you were a troll, and now we know for sure. ;)

And maybe you're also "just a Dad."

Hmmm...what gave it away so I know for next time? I should have said s/he was reading at an 8th grade level instead of college level, right?

You might consider forming a support group. At least perhaps you could save someone else from this tragic mistake. :grouphug:

This is a good idea!!

Boo is finishing up medical school next wk! He's a neurosurgeon, and is also getting a PhD in physics as a hobby.

How quickly they grow up. *sniffle*

(and obviously, I've missed some threads...)

Aw. He's smart! If my preconception is a girl, maybe they should meet!

I would just like to point out that no one has mentioned ovarian science training! Shame on all of you! Honestly, I don't think we could accept such an undereducated egg into our 4-H club...afterall, how would we ever got such a fetus to complete a level one rocket, launch it, and calculate it's altitude and trajectory! :toetap05:

I'm seriously appalled at the lack of science education you are all neglecting with your ovaries!

Oh, and dh is reading over my shoulder and suggests that should any of you enroll your uteruses in online courses, you would be well advised to TURN YOUR WEB CAMS OFF!! :lol:

Faith - Yeah, okay...I shouldn't let dh read the board.

LMAO I love this 4H post...and your husband's advice!!

I would take them both to Kumon.

My great-great-grandchild has won her second Nobel Peace Prize!!! Not a slacker though by any means as she's already hard at work on her third. :)

Sounds like I've missed some fun here!

Impressive!!

I have to admit' date=' my babies were not big readers pre-conception. They were just so into multivariable calculus at that point that reading wasn't a priority for them.[/quote']

Well, that's understandable. Maybe your kids can tutor my ovaries in math? It would be nice if they could be born at least knowing their multiplication tables or something, I'm not going to expect really high level math, I mean, I can't have my pi and eat it too, but I don't want to have to do Times Tales again, it was a little annoying the first time around.