Menu

PSA for all dh's!!

I thought my dh was the only one who did this.

I was out Christmas shopping and he stayed home with the kids. When I got home the kitchen was clean. I was beyond happy. I kept going on and on about how wonderful he was and how nice it was to come home to no dishes in the sink. He was also thanked privately.;)

The next morning I needed a pot to cook breakfast and couldn't find one. There were no pots or pans in the kitchen. I tracked them down to a large plastic storage bin outside the back door. I was not amused.:glare:

yes, hmmmm...I never thought about it before but my dh will do dishes etc but never the pots. Now I will wonder about it forever.:lol:

My Dh has no problem with pots, or plates, or cups...... but he refuses to wash silverware. We have a dishwasher, all he has to do it load it! The dishwasher will be run without silverware if I'm not home in time to do it. Drives me batty....

I do all the dishes since dh does all the cooking but we almost lost one of our large frying pans last week. When they are particularly greasy, he'll place them upside down in the garbage can to drain. For some reason, he never took it out and things ended up on top of it. I took out the trash without ever realizing why it was so heavy.

Seriously! My DH wouldn't put my dishes outside but he will clean the kitchen, load the dishwasher and leave the pots for me. Are pots like Kryptonite to men?

Ummm. . .he may not know how. :001_huh: DH does most of the cooking and dishes here. I tackled a messy kitchen the other day and got everything done but the cast iron skillet. I just stared at it wondering how he would want me to clean it. My mother almost tanned my hide one time when I washed her cast iron skillet with soap. It turned out that she only used very hot water and a metal scouring pad, never soap, so that she didn't wash the "seasoning" away.

DH's skillet was greasy. I just didn't think I could get it clean without soap. I finally did wash it, with soap, thinking that I would just wipe it down with oil afterwards if it looked like it needed it. But I did ALMOST just leave it for him for later.

Also, while not outside, I have been known to pop dirty pots and skillets into the oven when unexpected visitors arrived.

Pegasus

I agree. He may not know how. No excuse and he's lucky he didn't get beaned upside the head with one of those dirty pots for putting them outside. (I mean seriously!?)

When dh and I first got together, I went to work and asked him to do a couple loads of laundry while I was gone. He said okay. I returned from work, no finished laundry. Oookkkaayyy. The next time it happened I asked him what was up. He said his momma always did his laundry and he didn't know how. Ha! I'll give him some slack because he was only 19. So, we had Laundry 101 that day. Now he does laundry like a pro and even puts aside and "I don't know pile" for me to deal with, like camisoles, etc. I'd rather him skip them than wreck them!

So, OP, maybe you have to have a Pots and Pans 101 class for hubby. LOL

My Dh has no problem with pots, or plates, or cups...... but he refuses to wash silverware. We have a dishwasher, all he has to do it load it! The dishwasher will be run without silverware if I'm not home in time to do it. Drives me batty....

My dh is the same. He'll wash pots and pans without batting an eye, but load the dishwasher? ...Well, I'm just getting carried away if I think he's going to do that :lol:.

That's ok with me though, since I'm kind of particular about the way my dishwasher is loaded.

Did you ever consider this is all your fault for expecting him to do something he doesn't feel like doing?

:lol:

Now THAT is funny. :D

If I had a nickel for every thing I've ever done that I didn't feel like doing...

Shoot, if I just had a nickel for everything I've done so far TODAY that I didn't feel like doing...

Edited by bethanyniez

Did you ever consider this is all your fault for expecting him to do something he doesn't feel like doing?

Husbands everywhere are going, "Exactly!"

Mine will wash pots but would not wipe down a counter if a pig had been slaughtered on it. Wiping counters is right up there with stocking the bathrooms with toilet paper. After 11 years in this house, I'll bet he could not tell you where we ("I") keep the stash of toilet paper.

Terri

Husbands everywhere are going, "Exactly!"

Mine will wash pots but would not wipe down a counter if a pig had been slaughtered on it. Wiping counters is right up there with stocking the bathrooms with toilet paper. After 11 years in this house, I'll bet he could not tell you where we ("I") keep the stash of toilet paper.

Terri

Are we married to the same man? :lol:

Mine recently informed me we only had one roll in each bathroom. Somehow he's missed the fact that I store entire cases of the stuff in the linen closet.

Ummm. . .he may not know how. :001_huh:

I agree. He may not know how.

Aw, ya'll are so sweet. But no. He knows how. :lol:

Apparently! And think what would happen if we put a pot at each entrance of the house...

:lol:

Interesting that so many dh's avoid pots and pans. Mine actually volunteers to wash them for me. I do the rest of the dishes and he does the pots and pans. Not every time, but frequently. He's definitely a keeper. ;)

That is sweet! In fairness, DH does have other fabulous attributes. Everyone has a weakness, I guess. DH could start any number of threads about stuff I just don't do. :tongue_smilie: In the 8 days that he's been back from his last deployment, he has dusted the living room 2x (which is probably about how many times I did it the entire year he was gone). :leaving:

What about this. Using every single piece of silverware before we even get around to dinner. I'm often looking around for spoons or forks for dinner and all of them are dirty. This only seems to happen when he is home.:001_huh:

And I love and dread his cooking dinner.... he uses every single pot, pan, dish, bowl,colander, etc... in the house. I appreciate the cooking but it's as if he's artist creating a masterpiece and MUST make a mess.:lol:

FWIW his cooking is pretty great!

Ok ladies, don't throw any tomatoes, ok? I just wanna add a wee bit of perspective here.

Some dh's don't do dishes at all. None. Ever. As in, literally never ever at all ever not any of them. Some of them don't even know where the dish soap is kept.

Or cooking. None. At all. Even their own food. Ever.

At least I HEAR there are husbands like that. ;)

So, you know, try to remember that when he does all the other dishes and leaves the pots for you. Instead of thinking "Really?! He couldn't have done the pots too?", maybe try to think "Hey, at least I don't have to do ALL the dishes tonight!"

:D

(Ducking and running now. :lol:)

Ok ladies, don't throw any tomatoes, ok? I just wanna add a wee bit of perspective here.

Some dh's don't do dishes at all. None. Ever. As in, literally never ever at all ever not any of them. Some of them don't even know where the dish soap is kept.

Or cooking. None. At all. Even their own food. Ever.

At least I HEAR there are husbands like that. ;)

So, you know, try to remember that when he does all the other dishes and leaves the pots for you. Instead of thinking "Really?! He couldn't have done the pots too?", maybe try to think "Hey, at least I don't have to do ALL the dishes tonight!"

:D

(Ducking and running now. :lol:)

I agree. Just a wee bit of fun teasing, though. My dh is truly wonderful!

Edited by MyLittleBears

Interesting that so many dh's avoid pots and pans. Mine actually volunteers to wash them for me. I do the rest of the dishes and he does the pots and pans. Not every time, but frequently. He's definitely a keeper. ;)

:iagree:Yes, mine too! Love that man! :001_wub:

We don't have a dishwasher, and my Dh is the kind of guy who will wash dishes now and then. NOT when I am deathly ill and would really appreciate it, however. Only when he feels like it.

DH would never, ever put the pots and pans outside. He KNOWS that would really piss me off, and that said pots and pans would end up in the trash. Which means that come dinner time there would be a very hungry, bewildered man wondering why there was nothing cooking in the kitchen.

Of course, Dh was there when I threw every plate, bowl, and cup we owned out the back door to smash on the deck when I got pissed about the then teen-aged girls (four of 'em) never loading them in the dishwasher that we DID have at that time. Dh isn't a stupid man.....:lol:

Seriously! My DH wouldn't put my dishes outside but he will clean the kitchen, load the dishwasher and leave the pots for me. Are pots like Kryptonite to men?

I wish hubby would leave the pots alone. I can clean up an entire kitchen and sweep the floor in the time it takes him to polish the pans I'd've shoved in the DW in the first 30 seconds.