Menu

Poll -- Which one to choose? Please consider carefully:

Which Handbag? OR, neither. Ignore the fact that they are blue - doesn't matter.  

1. 1. Which Handbag? OR, neither. Ignore the fact that they are blue - doesn't matter.

• Hermes
    • Vuitton
    • Either --
    • Neither --Just carry your stuff in a brown paper bag.
    • Other -- Obligatory

:D

ETA: I am going to select (maybe) one of the two for me. I LOVE the vuitton pattern and have always carried a vuitton, BUT I am drawn like a moth to the flame to the Hermes (the name has such snob appeal). :svengo: Just tell me which one you like or if you do not care for either of them. I am going to carry one or the other -- I am going to pay for it. That's it -- just curious. I am looking for people who will micro-manage the decision to a lesser degree than me. Does that make sense?

For your consideration, TWO handbags listed on ebay. One is Hermes. One is Vuitton.

Four choices:

Hermes

Vuitton

Either is fine

Neither

Doesn't matter if you hate them -- they can be an acquired taste or one may simply hate them forever. I just want to know.

Thank you!

Photo of each is below -- Hermes is the solid blue; Vuitton is the other.

PLS no discussion or talk about $$$, how ugly they both are, or anything like that. This is purely which one or neither.

post-10544-13535085988966_thumb.jpg

post-10544-13535085989112_thumb.jpg

Edited by MariannNOVA

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we are to pick on brand alone? What if brand really means nothing to us? Do we pick neither? Sorry, I'm confused.

:iagree: Which one to choose for what? Which we'd choose if we could have either (free)? Which one we'd choose for another person? Which one we think is prettier?

What's the purpose of the purse? Then I can vote!:001_smile:

I put neither - carry your stuff in a brown paper bag. I love to just switch out bows I decorate my bag with so that I have a "seasonal" bag if you will. I also coat my paper bag in duct tape for extra strength. It's SO pretty.

I just did a search for Hermes or Vuitton. I can't really tell, but if I had to choose between the two, I think the Vuittons are a little more stylish while the Hermes look a little more conservative. So I'd choose Vuitton for that reason.

Of course there is always the Ziplock option. It's nice to see where everything is so you don't have to fish around. I glue rhinestones on those. VERY pretty.

:biggrinjester:

Vuitton - it looks roomier, more comfortable to carry and like it go with more outfits. The Hermes one looks stiff and narrow and hard to get into - hard to get to things in the bottom.

I am not sure I can give a rational explanation to the matters of taste, LOL. ;) Based on the pictures you had provided, I simply automatically preferred that one, without thinking too much.

Thank you and thank you -- precisely what I am looking for in an answer. Nothing rational -- OR share some practical insight (and those happen to be good issues you've mentioned, jcooperetc).

I put neither - carry your stuff in a brown paper bag. I love to just switch out bows I decorate my bag with so that I have a "seasonal" bag if you will. I also coat my paper bag in duct tape for extra strength. It's SO pretty.

I just did a search for Hermes or Vuitton. I can't really tell, but if I had to choose between the two, I think the Vuittons are a little more stylish while the Hermes look a little more conservative. So I'd choose Vuitton for that reason.

Of course there is always the Ziplock option. It's nice to see where everything is so you don't have to fish around. I glue rhinestones on those. VERY pretty.

You need to go have an Asti and find that earring! :grouphug:

:lol:

ok, I swear I didn't see those pictures. I need coffee.

I stick to Vuitton. The Hermes bag won't get dirty easier, but if my memory is correct, you're not a farm gal living on a dirt road, so white may suit you. :lol::lol::lol: I think the Vuitton is still cuter than the Hermit Crab, but you really should choose which you like best.

How about we make this in this? :lol:

Vuitton - it looks roomier, more comfortable to carry and like it go with more outfits. The Hermes one looks stiff and narrow and hard to get into - hard to get to things in the bottom.

Yep. :iagree: I love the color on the Hermes but if I was going to use it as my everyday bag, I'd have to go with the Vuitton for practicality sake.

ok, I swear I didn't see those pictures. I need coffee.

I stick to Vuitton. The Hermes bag won't get dirty easier, but if my memory is correct, you're not a farm gal living on a dirt road, so white may suit you. :lol::lol::lol: I think the Vuitton is still cuter than the Hermit Crab, but you really should choose which you like best.

In red: :blink: I just looked out the window, and no, I am not. Silly, Denise, you are! :001_smile:

How about we make this in this? :lol:

:lol::lol: Ok, but it's yours. :lol::lol: (you lost me at 'craft.')

Yep. :iagree: I love the color on the Hermes but if I was going to use it as my everyday bag, I'd have to go with the Vuitton for practicality sake.

Thank you for being a voice of reason - there do not seem to be many of those around right now.:glare:

Wait. Is this going to be your only purse? Is the majority of your clothing blue?

I bought a purse in Chicago last year and they went through my wardobe with me. It would make little sense to have a fabulous bag but not be able to use it because it clashes with your wardrobe.

On the other hand, I'm biased because my clothing is mostly red and brown. I'm a fall-ish person. Based upon the color of that blue, I'd say you are more of a spring person. :001_smile:

Wait. Is this going to be your only purse? Is the majority of your clothing blue?

I bought a purse in Chicago last year and they went through my wardobe with me. It would make little sense to have a fabulous bag but not be able to use it because it clashes with your wardrobe.

On the other hand, I'm biased because my clothing is mostly red and brown. I'm a fall-ish person. Based upon the color of that blue, I'd say you are more of a spring person. :001_smile:

Most of what I wear is black. I wear tops that are usually blue, red, purple.

Depends on the size, how big is the Hermes bag? I like it's structure and style better, but only if it's a decent size. I don't like the style of the Vuitton bag as it looks like one where everything would fall to the bottom.

Vuitton is notorious for that -- good point. The V is larger and less structured than the Hermes.

The style of the Vuitton bag is nicer, to me. I'm not into the name brand thing so I would end up finding one at Target that looked the same. :D

I used to feel that way until I bought a Coach at an outlet store for more than 50% off. I have used it almost every single day for just over a year and it still looks brand new. I would have already been through 4 or 5 $20 Target bags by now as they look worn after a couple of months. Maybe I'm just really hard on my bags?;)

So, the $130 I spent on my Coach that still looks new isn't any more than I would have already spent to replace the less expensive bags I normally would buy. Have I justified it yet?;)

In fact, I love my brown Coach so much that I just bought a black one from their online outlet.:D

I voted neither, but not because I think you should carry your things around in a brown paper bag! If you are going to pay a designer handbag price, I think it should be classy enough go with everything you may wear, and I don't see that in either of these bags. Trendy, yes, but not classy. Of course, you could always switch bags for different outfits or situations, but I find that whole process to be time-consuming and annoying, since I'm bound to leave something I really need in the purse I leave at home!

I'm going to be the voice of dissent and say go with the Hermes. I love the color, and when I get a designer bag (someday) I want it to be a really great color like that, so it really stands out...I'm not really into patterns, though.

I like the toggle on the Hermes bag, too...it's interesting.

Plus, there's the whole Hermes name. That appeals to me for some reason!

Since you asked for just one -- Hermes; however, I think you are more the Vuitton bag. I could see you in the DC area with that. It needs something to personalize it, though. Maybe a scarf tied around the handle or one of those little bags that can be attached also to a handle or very cool shoes.

My style is much more eclectic, and I would love the big duct tape bag I saw recently that was absolutely gorgeous and cool-looking. It was gray with the horizontal edges sewn in a zig zag and very slouchy. Eh. If I find a pic, which I doubt I will, I'll send it along.

Enjoy!

Edited by MBM
added a word

I like the look of the V but if they are anything like what I've seen and experienced the H is a much better quality. I don't particularly like the look of the H much but *I* have been disappointed in my V for what I spent for it. That might be just me. I spend a good bit on gorgeous, soft, high quality leather Coach bags that are much more durable and beautiful than my V.

Does that make sense? A quality leather will go further than V's canvas, or whatever it is, type material.

JUST my opinion. :)

You guys are great! :)

I am running out for a few hours to a doctor's appointment, but everything you all have written is exactly what I have been tossing around in my head.

Hermes -- when am I ever going to get a Hermes bag? Well, only if one slips through on ebay.

Vuitton -- love their durability - I can carry a vuitton bag for years - I know this b/c I have.

I will check back for more hive wisdom the instant I walk into the house.

Thank you!:001_smile:

I am not sure I can give a rational explanation to the matters of taste, LOL. ;) Based on the pictures you had provided, I simply automatically preferred that one, without thinking too much.

:iagree: Me, too.

I was set to like the Hermes for the snob appeal (my inner Hyacinth was showing) but I like the look of the Vuitton

:D

ETA: I am going to select (maybe) one of the two for me. I LOVE the vuitton pattern and have always carried a vuitton, BUT I am drawn like a moth to the flame to the Hermes (the name has such snob appeal). :svengo: Just tell me which one you like or if you do not care for either of them. I am going to carry one or the other -- I am going to pay for it. That's it -- just curious. I am looking for people who will micro-manage the decision to a lesser degree than me. Does that make sense?

For your consideration, TWO handbags listed on ebay. One is Hermes. One is Vuitton.

Four choices:

Hermes

Vuitton

Either is fine

Neither

Doesn't matter if you hate them -- they can be an acquired taste or one may simply hate them forever. I just want to know.

Thank you!

Photo of each is below -- Hermes is the solid blue; Vuitton is the other.

PLS no discussion or talk about $$$, how ugly they both are, or anything like that. This is purely which one or neither.

I prefer the solid color and general shape of the Hermes. But then I've been watching a lot of Pan Am lately.