Menu

Ambien warning!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Dh was on Ambien a few months back. He got up, walked into the kitchen, and proceeded to pee in the fridge. :glare: I wish I was kidding. The next day dd and I were out of town, and dh took three or four more in his sleep. He doesn't remember much from that day. Which is why he doesn't take it anymore.

I take Ambien and I am terrified that I will take extras after I am already asleep. :001_huh: I did try once but I think I tried to get dh to bring the pills to me (I could not get out of bed because the "floor hurt") and he wouldn't.

Names are being withheld to protect the stupid, but someone I know and love took an Ambien and woke up the next morning with the Wahl hairclipper plugged in next to her and her tea cozy nowhere to be found!

:001_huh: It was a cozy-napping of epic proportion. :w00t:

I am only sharing this with you so you can learn from the mistake of my dear friend and, in light of the long-ago thread of removal of tea cozy from your tea-enjoying area......yeah.

:svengo:

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh dear, my.oh.my.

They'll have to add a warning. "Don't sleep and shave.:lol:"

Careful, you don't want half a tea cozy. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: OK, must stop giggling and laughing hysterically. I'm going to wake the kids and that would not be good. OTOH, note to self... Do NOT take Ambien. EVER.

Oh, my. What a thing to wake up to! :lol:

I took Ambien for a few months and it was the best sleep of my life! No nocturnal wanderings. My brother took it and woke up the next morning surrounded by McDonald's wrappers! He had to drive several miles to get to the nearest McD's. That's scary!

Well, she asked her dh last night via chat, "So,....question for ya: Those hair clippers-would they work for tea cozy removal?" His reply: "Yikes. I wouldn't recommend it. Have you seen the teeth on that thing?!" She replied,"Too late. It wasn't so much a hypothetical question. Your Ambienated Wife thought it was a good idea a couple of nights ago. SURPRISE!" :001_huh:

Well, she asked her dh last night via chat, "So,....question for ya: Those hair clippers-would they work for tea cozy removal?" His reply: "Yikes. I wouldn't recommend it. Have you seen the teeth on that thing?!" She replied,"Too late. It wasn't so much a hypothetical question. Your Ambienated Wife thought it was a good idea a couple of nights ago. SURPRISE!" :001_huh:

Too Funny!

To which he replied....???

• 1 month later...
Ambien is as good as acid for visual hallucinations.

Just sayin'.

Tara

Yep! Never took acid but was given Ambien while in the hospital on bedrest with my son. BOTH nights I hallucinated. The first night, I kept thinking that either someone was in the guest chair or the chair was someone. The next night, not too long after I took it, as I was reading, the black and white print in my book turned to pretty rainbow colors.:lol:

Yep! Never took acid but was given Ambien while in the hospital on bedrest with my son. BOTH nights I hallucinated. The first night, I kept thinking that either someone was in the guest chair or the chair was someone. The next night, not too long after I took it, as I was reading, the black and white print in my book turned to pretty rainbow colors.:lol:

That stuff is psychedelic, man.:smilielol5: I took it a couple of times. It made me feel like I was 3 feet tall and everything was pixelated...like an old Mario Bros. game. Talk about going down the rabbithole...:001_unsure:

It is a hypnotic, not a hallucinogen (I looked it up once during my "Alice in Wonderland" state). I disagree.

Edited by Geo

About clippers and tea cozies....

Have a friend (in her 50's) who told me she'd tried what all the "girls" were doing to theirs. At that time, I'd never heard of it before...so, I asked what it was like. She said (sheepishly), "I look like a big, fat 10 year old." :eek:

Edited by Geo

I hear bare floors give you cold feet.

And splinters.

Yikes.

As soon as I stop laughing I'll be horrified for you.

Actually.

How terrible is it that I'm sleep deprived enough to be envious?

Thinking of all I could accomplish if I could sleep while doing it.....

That stuff is psychdelic, man.:smilielol5: I took it a couple of times. It made me feel like I was 3 feet tall and everything was pixelated...like an old Mario Bros. game. Talk about going down the rabbithole...:001_unsure:

It is a hypnotic, not a hallucinogen (I looked it up once during my "Alice in Wonderland" state). I disagree.

I didn't say it was a hallucinogen, I said that I (me, personally) had hallucinations while taking it. There were not any other drugs in my system, so it had to be the Ambien that caused it.

My Bff's husband installed a *STOVE*, laid carpet, and fixed the car on Ambien. The last straw was when she found him up a tree, taking it down, totally Ambienated

Hmmm where can I get some so I can slip it in my DH's drink :glare:

As much fun as Ambien sounds :tongue_smilie: I have hallucianations taking half a Melatonin pill so I think I'll give it a miss.

Lucky for your friend it was only her tea cozy she shaved and not the hair on her head :001_huh:

:lol::lol::lol: OK, must stop giggling and laughing hysterically. I'm going to wake the kids and that would not be good. OTOH, note to self... Do NOT take Ambien. EVER.

I am DYING over here, trying to explain to two girls without giving away the tea cosy part... the funniest thing I've seen all day. :lol::lol::lol:

I am DYING over here, trying to explain to two girls without giving away the tea cosy part... the funniest thing I've seen all day. :lol::lol::lol:

I still need someone to explain to me what a tea cozy is...I remember this thread from before and couldn't figure it out the and still can't now. :confused:

I didn't say it was a hallucinogen, I said that I (me, personally) had hallucinations while taking it. There were not any other drugs in my system, so it had to be the Ambien that caused it.

So sorry...and yes, I understood that. I didn't mean to imply that you had said that. I was addressing the obvious effects of the medication on us both. My disagreement was with the classification of Ambien as a hypnotic (that I found on a drug website).

It was in no way a correction meant for you. ;)

Personally, I think it messes with parts of the brain that shouldn't be messed with. That stuff is weird, weird, weird.

Edited by Geo

Some people DO take it to hallucinate, though. Apparently, it DOES act as a hallucinogen if you force yourself to stay awake past the 'sleepytime'.

Some people DO take it to hallucinate, though. Apparently, it DOES act as a hallucinogen if you force yourself to stay awake past the 'sleepytime'.

Now, THAT WOULD BE ME. I think I have some kind of sleep disorder where I fight/fail to become sleepy. For some reason, it's extremely difficult to impossible....I seem to only achieve "fatigued". I've tried all the common remedies. Even the Ambien didn't

make me feel like falling asleep, just "trippy". I am usually completely awake and suddenly crash into deep sleep. I've done it for 10 years at least. The only exception was when I had gum surgery. The periodontist prescribes valium and a muscle relaxer to be taken 30 min before the appt. and THEN administers nitris oxide. I was OUT in less than 5 minutes...he says I snored through the entire 90 minute procedure. Lovely.

Edited by Geo

• 1 month later...
Now, THAT WOULD BE ME. I think I have some kind of sleep disorder where I fight/fail to become sleepy. For some reason, it's extremely difficult to impossible....I seem to only achieve "fatigued". I've tried all the common remedies. Even the Ambien didn't

make me feel like falling asleep, just "trippy". I am usually completely awake and suddenly crash into deep sleep. I've done it for 10 years at least. The only exception was when I had gum surgery. The periodontist prescribes valium and a muscle relaxer to be taken 30 min before the appt. and THEN administers nitris oxide. I was OUT in less than 5 minutes...he says I snored through the entire 90 minute procedure. Lovely.

I would LOVE to be snoring all through an endodontist visit! I may be having lots of thos soon!

About clippers and tea cozies....

Have a friend (in her 50's) who told me she'd tried what all the "girls" were doing to theirs. At that time, I'd never heard of it before...so, I asked what it was like. She said (sheepishly), "I look like a big, fat 10 year old." :eek:

:smilielol5:I am weeping!!!