Menu

What is the most AMAZING dessert that you know of?

Tap

This....http://www.pelipeli.com/MenuItem.aspx?ProdID=48 :drool5: Don't have a recipe, never made it at home, but oh.my.goodness. BEST dessert I've ever, ever had!!! Find a recipe or find a Peli Peli and eat it! It will be a memory for life and you will not be able to wait until you eat it again!!!!!

We like layered ice cream desserts. Oreo crust, vanilla and chocolate ice cream, more crumbled oreos, chocolate syrup, sometimes crumbled brownies, whatever chocolate things you can think of. Gingersnap crust, vanilla ice cream and vanilla ice cream with pumpkin pie filling stirred in, more crumbled gingersnaps, caramel sauce, bits of candied ginger, and whatever gingery/pumpkiny things you can think of, etc. I like to invent these for different events, canned pie filling, pineapple, crusts made from all kinds of cookies, the possibilities are endless. Just make the crust, soften the ice cream and layer the chosen ingredients. My family has these for birthdays, in which case we add icing decoration. Scrumptious!

http://www.cooksillustrated.com/recipes/detail.asp?docid=20859

Cooks illustrated triple chocolate mousse cake. Made this last year for Christmas!

Hello Dollies?

LOVE THESE!!!!! And they are so easy to make.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/hello-dolly-bars-10000001687691/

There are some minor variations. Some recipes call for vanilla wafers and I've never used butterscotch chips. I can't find my recipe, but I think I just used twice as many chocolate chips.

I must make these!

I make something I call bastardized chocolate croissants-- my kids call them chocolate rolls. :001_smile:

You start with a basic yeasted dough-- 3 cup flour, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tbs sugar, 1 tbs melted butter, about 1 1/2 cup water-- let it rise about an hour. Divide it into two pieces and roll it out as thin as you can. Brush the dough with butter (about half to a third of a stick), sprinkle with chocolate chips, and roll it up into a log. Then cut into 1 inch sections and place flat side down on a cookie sheet. Do the same thing to the other half of the dough.

Let rise another hour then bake at 375 for about 25 minutes.

I make something I call bastardized chocolate croissants-- my kids call them chocolate rolls. :001_smile:

You start with a basic yeasted dough-- 3 cup flour, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tbs sugar, 1 tbs melted butter, about 1 1/2 cup water-- let it rise about an hour. Divide it into two pieces and roll it out as thin as you can. Brush the dough with butter (about half to a third of a stick), sprinkle with chocolate chips, and roll it up into a log. Then cut into 1 inch sections and place flat side down on a cookie sheet. Do the same thing to the other half of the dough.

Let rise another hour then bake at 375 for about 25 minutes.

Oh, I've got to try this. We got hooked on chocolate croissants in England last spring. Thanks :D

Whenever I bring this dessert, people fight over the last bit and ask for the recipe. It started as a recipe from Allrecipes.com, but I've modified it over the years. I don't usually make packaged type desserts, but this is a treat...

Brownie Trifle

INGREDIENTS

1 (19.8 ounce) package (fudgy) brownie mix

1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix

1/2 cup water

1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

1 pint heavy whipping cream, whipped with 3T sugar

1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

4 Heath candy bars, crushed

caramel topping

DIRECTIONS

Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and cool completely. Cut into 1 inch squares. In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth, then fold in whipping cream and sugar mixture. In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half of the brownies, caramel, half of the pudding mixture, Heath, and half of the 12 ounce container of whipped topping. Repeat layers. Drizzle caramel and crumbled Heath bar onto top layer for garnish. Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.

This thread is killing me! I have just lost 15 pounds and I'm aiming for another 5. I want to make all of these! :001_smile:

My favorite homemade keep-this-away-from-me-or-I-will-eat-it-all desserts are

coconut pound cake and mixed berry cobbler with pistachio crumble topping. Neither one will win any beauty contests, but YUM!

Whenever I bring this dessert, people fight over the last bit and ask for the recipe. It started as a recipe from Allrecipes.com, but I've modified it over the years. I don't usually make packaged type desserts, but this is a treat...

Brownie Trifle

INGREDIENTS

1 (19.8 ounce) package (fudgy) brownie mix

1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix

1/2 cup water

1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

1 pint heavy whipping cream, whipped with 3T sugar

1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

4 Heath candy bars, crushed

caramel topping

DIRECTIONS

Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and cool completely. Cut into 1 inch squares. In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth, then fold in whipping cream and sugar mixture. In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half of the brownies, caramel, half of the pudding mixture, Heath, and half of the 12 ounce container of whipped topping. Repeat layers. Drizzle caramel and crumbled Heath bar onto top layer for garnish. Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.

Thanks for sharing! I have everything now to make this for our Christmas Eve dessert. :)

Hubby is wondering if we could substitute Butterfingers for the Heath bar. What do you think, Angela?

Thanks for sharing! I have everything now to make this for our Christmas Eve dessert. :)

Hubby is wondering if we could substitute Butterfingers for the Heath bar. What do you think, Angela?

Not, Angela, obviously. I make a version of this and it is pretty fool proof. If flavors sound like they would go together, they probably will. I use cherry pie filling to go for more of a black forest taste. I've always thought mixing in some peanut butter into the pudding mixture and using reeses peanut butter cups would be good.

My only question would be if the butter fingers and caramel would go well together? You could sub chocolate sauce for caramel sauce.

I've been hesitating to chip in on this thread. If I get started, I may never stop. I don't really eat dessert, though I do often have to sample what I'm making. Most of the time, one bite is more than enough of any dessert, no matter how good it is. There are a few though, that I find tempting enough to eat an entire serving myself. I'll try to link you to recipes if I can:

http://www.food.com/recipe/william-sonoma-warm-pear-cake-with-walnut-caramel-topping-179969

I double all of the caramel ingredients for this cake, and I usually add more fresh pears than called for. I will eat a piece of this every day until it's gone, though it freezes well for later use.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/mocha-chocolate-icebox-cake-recipe/index.html

You can use any chocolate chip cookies you want for this recipe as long as they're crisp, though I like to use cookies that have small chocolate chips, not large. I don't make fresh chocolate chip cookies for this recipe because I don't think it works as well. This is definitely a recipe where taking the easy way out is the best choice. Serve with chocolate sauce. You can also freeze this until you need or want it, and if you slice it and then freeze it, you can pull out a piece to thaw whenever you have a craving.

This is one of my favorite desserts ever, and it could not be easier:

http://blog.sigsiv.com/2007/04/orange-panna-cotta.html

I use vanilla extract rather than vanilla beans. Don't freeze this one.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tylers-ultimate/lemon-pudding-cake-with-fresh-mixed-berries-recipe/index.html

These are *incredible* and will freeze and thaw just fine. The cake is really really delicate and flavorful.

I have other great recipes, but these are the easy ones that even I find tempting enough to overeat.

Have fun! :)

I have been thinking about this thread and I remembered a dessert a friend used to make that I absolutely loved.

1 box brownie mix

1 bag mini-marshmallows

Graham crackers broken up (not crushed)

Prepare brownies. Remove from oven. While still hot add a layer of marshmallows. Press graham crackers on top of marshmallows. Cover pan in tinfoil while you wait for marshmallows to become gooey. Serve.

Better-Than-S_x-Cake or better than just about anything cake!

The recipe is on the box of German Chocholate cake mix. It is a chilled cake with sweetened milk and Carmel filling topped with whipped cream and candy bar pieces. The best part is it could stay in fridge for a week or more just as good as the first bite. It never lasts that long around here. It really is better!

For those of you who like raw cookie dough, here is an egg-free, single serving recipe.

1/2 cup whole oats (dry)

2 tbs flour

2 tbs packed brown sugar

2 tbs semi sweet chocolate chips

1 tbs butter, softened or melted

pinch of salt

scant 1/4 cup apple juice

Mix together well, you can let it sit for 10 minutes or so for the oats to soften.