Menu

What color is your sofa/loveseat?

We've only had material, not leather furniture. Right now our matching set is a medium brown. The one before it was beige. The one before that was chocolate brown. That sounds like a lot, but it's been during 16 years and the sofas get hard use.

Anyway, I'm looking at getting a new set and I want something with color. But I'm a chicken because a specific color would mean I couldn't change the color palette of the room if I ever decide to do so. Not that I've done that, but what if?? :D

I have red. I *love* color and haven't regretted it for the 7 -8 years I've had it. I can change out the area rug and wall decorations if I please. I've used caramel accent colors, black, and bright olive green before to change things up a bit. It's in a "safari" room with "safari" decor and a red sectional. I LOVE IT!!!! I also have two recliners which have a teeny tiny pattern to them that looks like brownish snake skin when you look close up.

The first sofa we had was a hand-me-down from MIL that she called "rust" but it was actually PUMPKIN :eek: When we finally bought our own, I got a nice taupe. Right now it has a chocolate brown cover. The cover cost us maybe $50 at Sears and is machine washable.

I'd love to have gotten a blue or green cover, but that would've required us to re-paint our living room wall from the terracotta the previous owner had.

Downstairs we have a brown velvet with black cutouts. Upstairs we have brown weathered leather. If I ever have to replace the ones downstairs I am planning on going with a burgandy velvet as the style is high Victorian and the color scheme is reds. That's my favorite color though. I am planning to get a loveseat for my room soon and I think I am going to go with a rose velvet for it.

We have chocolate brown.

I wanted color (red or blue) but dh wouldn't agree, and I do like the flexibility of a neutral. We can add color easily by changing out throw pillows, lap blankets, curtains in the room, etc. Or on the walls, if we ever again live somewhere we can paint our walls.

It's so much easier to change any of those things than buy a new sofa/love seat......although, a well-made slip cover that fits really well could be an option for adding color, if the sofa in question is still in good shape.

Plum purple...love it!

I wanted this. I saw the couch, and it was even in a quirky, unconventional shape that I loved... I was too chicken. Now the place up here doesn't sell it anymore. So, I say go with what you really like. You can change color schemes later with a slip cover (or, like my grandma, you could just reupholster the whole thing).

We went with a plain olive-ish green couch because it was the cheapest at the time.

Mine is red, too! I'm surprised to see so many responses with that color because the salespeople thought I was nuts when I requested a RED sofa! We went to several furniture stores looking for one.

I also have a slipcover in a golden yellow shade. Both go with the current decor. I just like to change it up sometimes.

Don't be afraid to pick a color. If you regret it you can get a neutral cover.