Menu

What is your 12-year old girl getting for Christmas?

I am hoping to get some very good deals this year. If I do, I would like to get her a laptop. Not for her sake, mind you, but so that I can have my computer and she can live to see another year.:tongue_smilie: Otherwise, arrows for her bow and arrow set and maybe a bike (hers got stolen), maybe an Amazon gift card? I am coming up short besides those things, but then again, those things would be way more than enough.

all stuff for scrap booking, software for fun photo editing, a new wallet, a nice winter coat. I have some games and stocking stuffers, too.

ETA: NICE glass beads (dichroic glass) and trinkets for more jewelry.

Dh said no to a tablet. I'm going to ask about the Kindle Fire. If he agrees, scratch the above, all but the coat. ;)

DD12 and DD11 play american girl doll for HOURS......no, change that.....they will play for days. So they have a list of what they both want. THAT will make up the bulk of their gifts.

DD12 will also get clothes, probably a camera, a new watch.

Last year, she received a NOOK COLOR -- three months later she left it at the nail salon and when she realized she had left it there and we rushed back, it was gone.....never to be found. She is NOt getting a nook, kindle or any kind of pad this year.

DD12 and DD11 play american girl doll for HOURS......no, change that.....they will play for days. So they have a list of what they both want. THAT will make up the bulk of their gifts.

DD12 will also get clothes, probably a camera, a new watch.

Last year, she received a NOOK COLOR -- three months later she left it at the nail salon and when she realized she had left it there and we rushed back, it was gone.....never to be found. She is NOt getting a nook, kindle or any kind of pad this year.

my dd has used her American Girl doll clothing to dress up her animals. :glare: I made it CLEAR that she is to never do that again.

Buy your dd a chicken. It's much cheaper. Dd still pushes around her chickens and puts them in the doll crib.:lol::lol::lol: She also puts them in the backpack baby carrier I used for HER, and we take the chickens on walks.

I know, we're Off. :scared:

Lots of good ideas here...I remember getting a powder compact in my stocking when I was 12 (my first cosmetic). I did the same for my girls, and it was one of their favorite gifts that year. Maybe girls are more sophisticated these days, but something grown-up-ish is nice at that age. One of my friends got a set of fancy glasses for her hope chest around that age, and I was very envious!

my dd has used her American Girl doll clothing to dress up her animals. :glare: I made it CLEAR that she is to never do that again.

Buy your dd a chicken. It's much cheaper. Dd still pushes around her chickens and puts them in the doll crib.:lol::lol::lol: She also puts them in the backpack baby carrier I used for HER, and we take the chickens on walks.

You are SO funny! :D Do you have any idea how a chicken would stick out like a sore thumb in fairfax county?????????????? DH works with someone who lives a little further out (Loudoun County) and he has chickens and is always brining us eggs -- but Fairfax County, no way.

Two years ago, they dressed the dog up in a bathrobe and a santa hat --:lol:

You are SO funny! :D Do you have any idea how a chicken would stick out like a sore thumb in fairfax county?????????????? DH works with someone who lives a little further out (Loudoun County) and he has chickens and is always brining us eggs -- but Fairfax County, no way.

Two years ago, they dressed the dog up in a bathrobe and a santa hat --:lol:

Put a bonnet on the chicken and tell people it's the latest rage.:lol::lol::lol:

I really wish I could post pics. I have the FUNNIEST picture of dd11 holding her pet rooster. He's sitting in her lap with his legs hanging down. He looks like a rag doll! I won't put a bonnet on him......... I'd hate to make him into a sissy.:lol::lol::lol:

]Put a bonnet on the chicken and tell people it's the latest rage.[/color]:lol::lol::lol:

I really wish I could post pics. I have the FUNNIEST picture of dd11 holding her pet rooster. He's sitting in her lap with his legs hanging down. He looks like a rag doll! I won't put a bonnet on him......... I'd hate to make him into a sissy.:lol::lol::lol:

See what I put in red? Won't that p*ss off the chicken?:confused:

Mine is getting a Nintendo DSi XL Red Bundle with Mario Kart. Kind of sad because last year she could have had it but wanted another American Girl doll, which she got. She still plays with her AM dolls but never mentioned anything AM for birthday or Christmas. I think she is growing up a bit.

An IOU for a new Bible because the one we really want to get her is not due until Feb.:glare:

She want's some fuzzy boots, like this. I sure didn't want to spend $60 on them though! Still checking around.

Also an alarm clock speaker combo for her iTouch. She needs speakers for it for her room, so this is a good combo.

Some room decor, she's in to pink and black. Also some clothes. Maybe a gift card or two.

The big gift from Grammy is a Wii, so I will probably get her a dance game for it.

My daughter wants clothes, clothes, and more clothes. That is all she is interested in lately. :)

Same here and I'm GLAD! LOL She doesn't care about brand names and actually loves the thrift stores, so I can get her a bunch of stuff and she'll feel like she's struck gold. Throw in a gift card to Claire's or another store where she can get a new purse or some accessories and we're good.

My 12 year old dd is getting art supplies ... Sculpey (she's big into sculpture right now), and maybe some oil or acrylic paints.

She also wants some more expensive Lego City sets (we might not do these, but grandparents might).

Gardening supplies -- at least shears and gloves.

Maybe some baking supplies of her own.

Oh, and the last book in Christopher Paolini's series (her father wants to read it, too).

Edited by higginszoo

My 12 yo is getting a lap desk, a nice bracelet, fuzzy socks, warm fuzzy ugg type slippers, blank sketch book, some perfume from Justice that she likes and a top. She wants a lava lamp--I think I'm going to let her Nana get that for her. I'm not sure what else...

She's easy. Now, my 13 yo ds and my 17 yo dd....Oy! No ideas there....

How about 13 years old? :tongue_smilie:

What I'm most excited about is a knitted beret and shawl/poncho. My dd13 is very into handmade items right now and she is going to flip out when she gets the set I'm having made for her. Yay!!

Also, personalized sticky notes (from Vista Print) and bookmarks (from Personalization Mall). Yes, she is as gah-gah over office/school supplies as I am. The sticky notes have a picture of a water lily and her name at the top.

DD 13 will definitely be getting some art supplies. She's be hankering after some nice pastels.

She mentioned she's almost finished her diary, so I'll either get her a new one for Christmas or for her birthday in January.

She'll get a book of some sort; I'm not sure which one yet.

Several months ago, I got some ski poles that I was going to give her for Christmas, but it's supposed to start snowing tonight, so I think I'llgive them to her sooner than that.

Are these chickens LIVE or stuffed? My dd dresses up her stuffed animals in doll clothes, but I'd NEVER have thought of wheeling a live chicken around the house. :lol:

Are these chickens LIVE or stuffed? My dd dresses up her stuffed animals in doll clothes, but I'd NEVER have thought of wheeling a live chicken around the house. :lol:

Live. They live outside (well we do have one inside right now. I nursed her back from the dead and here we are, three months out, and I'm still syringe feeding her. She won't eat on her own) but she can push them inside for a short period in nicer weather. I don't like severe temperature changes, so soon she'll be back to sledding with them.

Yes. Sledding.:lol::lol::lol:

My older DD will be 11.5 at Christmas. I'm thinking about getting her a new laptop, but may just get her a Kindle Fire instead. She may get an iPod Touch too. Other than that, she'll probably get some Breyer horses and things for her real horse. Plus little things like books, DVDs, etc.

We were going to buy an iTouch but she saved her allowance and bought it herself. She'll get an iTunes gift card, American Girl clothes, girly stuff in the stocking like lip gloss and nail polish. Laptop is a possibility, she gave her netbook to her sister. i am ready to toss it. what a waste of $$. Should have just gotten a laptop.

I have no ideas.

I am in a similar place with my 13 year old dd. I asked here a few weeks back and got some ideas. Since then, I took her to the mall and we just window shopped. I wrote things down that caught her eye. As of right now - my list is something like this.

Hoodie - thought I had the perfect one ordered only to get it and see that it is way too small.

Several pairs of these toe socks - I just got them in the mail and they are adorable http://www.amazon.com/Riverstone-Goods-Womens-Socks-Monkeys/dp/B004ZFBLWC/ref=sr_1_9?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1320413213&sr=1-9

Itunes card

Some books

Gymnastics workout shorts

belt, bracelets, sunglasses, earrings, toe rings - little type stuff that I pick up at Kohls on clearance.

And... that is about it. I know that others don't do much in gifts, but we tend to do one "wow" gift like an ipod or video game etc. Well, my dd is just too busy for anything these days between school, gymnastics, and homeschool activities. She has her phone and ipod and that is pretty much all she wants or loves. So... I am hoping this particular hoodie will be well loved. I hope.

Mine will be 15 so I will tell you what we got her for the last few birthdays/Christmas. Bike, roller blades, sewing machine, erector set, rock tumbler and kit for making jewelry, clothes, Wii Games like Just Dance-she likes that better than Dance, dance, dance. Oh and at 12, she started getting real jewelry- not play stuff. Also cds, (she doesn't want dvds like her older sister does), mp3 player, sound system for her computer.

This year, the by then 15 yo will get a new computer, new shutters (hers is the only bedroom with blinds and the rest of us have these wonderful shutters and she wants those), maybe painting her room, and new topper for her shutters. Some of these things will be birthday and some will be Christmas. She will also get clothes and at least one piece of jewelry.

My 12 yr. old is getting pj's - random pants & tops - she hates 'sets' that look like they need to go together.

Knee-high socks - she never wears a matching pair - do you sense a trend here? :D

She loves accessories, so fiinding cool ones for a good price will bring us to forever21.

And don't ask me how she found out about Victoria's Secret underwear (it was actually a free panty coupon in the mail, I promise), but they have the best 'boy shorts' - they wash and wear really well!!

And then some fun arts & crafts supplies too.

One of my 13 yos likes to decorate for every holiday. There have been several years where she asked for decorations for every holiday as Christmas gifts. So this year, we are getting her some Halloween decorations (50% off) and a pair of halloween pj pants. Orange (her favorite color) and they have Snoopy and Charlie Brown and ghosts on them! She is also getting a hair straightener, so she and her twin will stop fighting over the same one. Now, my other dd- No. flippin. clue! I have no clue for ds (15) either.