Menu

Disney Movies without Kissing Scenes

Does anyone know of a few disney movies without romantic kissing scenes? Or other cartoons or animated movies? And of course, I would rule out those with a lot of disparaging comments (Emperor's New Groove) or occult-like elements. I would like to make a list, and so far I can think of:

The Jungle Book

Monsters Inc (I think Mike's gf kisses him but in a silly way)

Despicable Me

The Jungle Book is suggestive when Mowgli follows the girl out of the jungle. So might want to cross that off as well.

Really?? I never thought of it that way. I thought it was more that he was amazed at seeing a human...not because she was a pretty young girl.

I'm not sure what to suggest. Gotta think about that for a bit.

Well my sister and I grew up watching lots of Disney movies with the climax being some big dramatic kissing scene- and I wonder sometimes if that's why we were so boy crazy growing up. I just don't want my kids thinking about relationships like that at such young ages. So I also don't care for movies with kids having boyfriends or girlfriends or crushes. I just think it's all so unnecessary.

Just wanted to say that I'm in complete agreement with you, and will be watching this thread :D

They aren't animated, but my kids like the movies like Babe, Milo and Otis, Mist, Heidi, The Fox and the Child, The Wilderness Family etc...

Yes, Charlotte's Web is another they like.

We've watched some good ones on Netflix. I'll have to see if I can remember the titles though....

Fox and the Hound

All the Minnie the Pooh Movies

The Buddy and Beethoven movies. Beethoven sometimes has boy girl relationships, bit the focus Is the dogs.

Cars, there is a boy/girl thing, but it is between two cars....it just doesn't play the same.

Well my sister and I grew up watching lots of Disney movies with the climax being some big dramatic kissing scene- and I wonder sometimes if that's why we were so boy crazy growing up. I just don't want my kids thinking about relationships like that at such young ages. So I also don't care for movies with kids having boyfriends or girlfriends or crushes. I just think it's all so unnecessary.

:001_huh:

I watched all those movies when I was growing up, and I wasn't boy-crazy. I think it takes more than watching a few movies for that to develop.

I watched all those movies when I was growing up, and I wasn't boy-crazy. I think it takes more than watching a few movies for that to develop.

I was the opposite. I never saw ANY of them and was still boy-crazy. But I love the lists I'm seeing, anyway :)

I watched them all and wasn't boy-crazy… dd14 hasn't watched hardly any of them (she just never cared for them) and IS quite google eyed with the guys. :laugh:

The whole prince-rescues-princess storyline is as old as.. what, mud itself?

Just wanted to say that I'm in complete agreement with you, and will be watching this thread :D

:iagree: Watching these big, dramatic romantic scenes unfold with kissing and all the rest of the romantic innuendos is awkward and unnecessary when we're talking about CHILDREN'S movies, IMO.

Originally Posted by abeshear viewpost.gif

:iagree:

Up?

Mary Poppins?

No, I think the old folks kiss tenderly in UP when she's dying.

I can't speak for the OP but I'm guessing that Old People Kissing = a no-no as well.

Just curious-- do your children see you kiss your dh? Ever? Even in a "goodbye, honey, have a good day at work" kind of way?

astrid

:iagree: I'm finding it hard to pin being boy crazy on Disney.

IIRC, there is no kissing in:

The Great Mouse Detective (I ♥ this movie)

Cars

Cars 2

Alice in Wonderland

Kung Fu Panda (not Disney)

Kung Fu Panda 2 (not Disney)

Pinocchio

Dumbo

Bolt

The Aristocats

Sword in the Stone (Indy loves this movie)

A Bug's Life

The Jungle Book

Finding Nemo

Lilo and Stitch

Chicken Little

The Rescuers (maybe one kiss in the closing credits, but I can't remember)

101 Dalmatians (and II)

WALL-E

I have more of a problem with the whole "need a man to rescue me/make me complete/solve my problems" storyline than the kissing. My kids see my dh and I kiss and hug, and we want them to. I grew up with parents who detested one another; it's important to us that our children see a loving relationship as normal.

:iagree:

Mulan. It's got the romance in the end, but she definitely doesn't get rescued by the strong handsome man. :)

I definitely have an issue with with the Disney princess thing. My least favorite movies are Snow White and Cinderella. Both girls grate on my nerves. They are so passive. They do nothing, stuff just happens to them. Cinderella can't make her dress so she lets herself get pushed around and the mice make it for her. (Nice girls don't stand up for themselves.) Her stepsisters tear the dress up, and her response is to sit down and cry about it. The fairy godmother bails her out so she goes to the ball, where the prince falls in love with her in one dance. *gag* Instead of playing it cool the next day and hanging around so she can try on the shoe, she acts like a moron and gets herself locked in the tower, where she, yup, you guessed it, sits there and cries until she is, yes, rescued again. :glare:

Then you have Snow White who is so annoying I won't allow her in the house, even with the positive example of the queen who, even though she is evil, at least is a woman who DOES something to accomplish her psychotic goals. But of course, she gets punished by dying in the end. ;)

Sleeping Beauty, same thing. Does this girl even have a personality? At all? You can't even call her a main character really. The main characters are really the three good fairy/witch people.

Little Mermaid was at least rebellious and did something to work toward her goal, but once again, her goal was a handsome prince with the personality of a doorknob.

Beauty and the Beast was a good one. Belle had a personality (so did the Beast, which is pretty much a first for a male lead) and was motivated by the goal to save her father plus a great moral about looking past a person's outer appearance.

Pixar movies are good because while there may be a romantic element to the story, it comes off more naturally or goofy (like Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head or Mike and Celia). It's not the main point of the plot. Not that I think movies with romance as the main point are uniformly bad, just mostly so. ;)

I agree about seeing your parents be affectionate- that is important. The thing about some of these movies, is it makes romance, feelings and "true love" so elevated and exaggerated- I want to emphasize commitment and compassion and morality above those things. And my kids are 3 & 2. So we are just starting to watch movies. And for the record, we won't rule out any kissing- I think the story of Beauty and the Beast has a nice message- but we will probably wait until they are older for that one.

.... The thing about some of these movies, is it makes romance, feelings and "true love" so elevated and exaggerated- I want to emphasize commitment and compassion and morality above those things. And my kids are 3 & 2. So we are just starting to watch movies. And for the record, we won't rule out any kissing- I think the story of Beauty and the Beast has a nice message- but we will probably wait until they are older for that one.

I get that. However, I don't think you can blame being "boy-crazy" on Disney, though. My dd is 14, saw these movies and is most decidedly not "boy crazy," nor is her mother, who also saw her fair share of Disney-esque kissing as a child.

astrid

• 2 years later...
Guest bitmaster20

Thanks for the recommendations everyone. I was searching for a similar list on Google and came across this thread. Will be following it. 

There are also the classic "Apple Dumpling Gang" and the old Kurt Russel movies, ie "The computer wore tennis shoes", "strongest man in the world" etc.

That Darn Cat is another one, also Snowball Express. Funny family films, no to little kissing.

Chicken Little does have kissing in it when the ship is actually finally seen & Chicken Little Kisses Abby after he comes clean with his Dad. Then she has hearts above her head. ;) 

i've seen a couple of others listed as no kissing that do have a little kiss in them.

Lion King might not have kissing, but there's a frolic between a boy & girl lion.. If you're worried about it?

Isn't there kissing in 101 Dalmatians when the young couple get married?

Bug's Life might or might not have kissing {all though I'm pretty sure the older princess kisses the male bug on the cheek} but he's crazy in love with the older princess sister.

Wall*E is madly in love with Eve & I thought she kissed him at some point int he movie. Perhaps not? She does hold his hand.

I dunno, I'm not even sure the older ones are free of Romance. I'm thinking Swiss Family Robinson, but a girl is found on the Island & doesn't the eldest boy, Fritz?, fall madly in love with her? In fact I think the two older boys both fight over her. Peter Pan is in love with Wendy & Tink becomes enraged & jealous over it. The Parent Trap is all about the parents having a failing marriage & falling in love with other people while the kids try to upset the marriage. Meaning that while movies might not have kissing in them love tends to be the bottom line of so many movies making it difficult to find one without that intent or happening within.

I see where you're going for your little ones, but it might be a difficult in devour. You can also find movie reviews at IMBD.com as well. Incase you want another viewpoint, more info on something.

FWIW, DD6 and DD10 watch all Disney movies and DD6 squirms and thinks kissing is gross - just like I did. Growing up, I watched all the ones (including the Little Mermaid when I was 12 or so) and my first kiss was when I was 17.. And I wondered what all the fuss was all about lol. This with the boy I had the biggest crush on and ended up being my boyfriend for a year and 4 months.

LOL-I just watched a local Middle School production of "The Little Mermaid, Jr", which ended with Ariel and Eric getting permission to get married-but they never even hugged on stage.  So, despite a big focus of the whole musical being trying to get Eric to kiss Ariel, they never actually did :), I'm guessing the adviser-or maybe the kids, decided they didn't want to go there for 6th-8th graders.

​

The Lion King doesn't have kissing, but it does have the boy girl relationship thing. 101 Dalmations and Cars have the same thing. I think Winnie The Pooh is safe. Dumbo. Bolt. The Incredibles. Pinnochio (sp?). Finding Nemo.

​

​The Lion King has a VERY suggestive scene. It might not have involved kissing, but the girl lion was making eyes at the boy lion and I practically expected them to have TeA right on screen.

​

​I completely agree with you. Romance is great -- I mean, I want grand kids -- but at a certain age. The early sexuality stuff is saturating our kids with these movies and later we wonder why kids are sexualized so early. Major duh.

​