Menu

How much for Cable/Internet/phone do you pay?

With the thread about Netflix going on, I was curious how much others are paying for these services. I do not have a cell phone so I pay $119 per month for home phone, cable and high speed internet. We get HBO for free. Any movies are extra unless they are on demand type shows with a service we already have.

I wish there was a better option for movies because we end up renting them through cable and that is about $5 a movie. That really adds to our bill. I was never good at returning the movies to Netflix and I never did really well at Blockbuster either, adding up many late fees. I like the option to just watch a movie when you want to watch it and not have to go anywhere to get it.

What services do you have and about how much do you spend on them?

Thanks!

No Cable

Internet: $42

Cell Phones (3): $90

Netflix: $16

Home phone: $35

So, that's more but you get 3 cell phones. I have considered dropping cable but I have to have internet and we don't have a lot of other choices for just internet. I hate paying so much for all this stuff. :tongue_smilie:Thanks for the feedback.

• $120 for internet (DSL) and smart phone (unlimited data, Google Voice for free long distance to Canada)
  • no cable
  • no land line
  • Whatever the new price is for 2 discs and streaming on Netflix

And I'll be subscribing the very second the BBC iPlayer hits North America (estimated at $10 per month).

We pay $80.00 this includes internet and phone, no cable. We use to have a package which included cable but that was $120.00 so we dropped the cable:hurray:.

We do have netflix which cost $15.98 and we may get rid of it. No cell phones {dh has a cell but our home business pays for it}

Edited by Homeschooling6

$60 for a phone/internet/tv combo

the tv is the most basic 30 channel pack, and we only got that as for some reason it was $10 cheaper to bundle 3 than 2.

the phone is the standard free long distance in the usa thing.

$50 for our 2 cell phones (400 shared min)

netflix $16

$8 hulu plus

Our options for home services are limited - small town provider or sattelite. We went small town. $140 for basic cable (what passes for basic... Still have a trillion channels) and internet. We do not have a home phone. When we did, we went with internet phone service, since our small town provider for phone wanted an arm and a leg.

We live half of a mile from the end of Verizon's service area. :tongue_smilie:

PS I hate that the iPad wants to insist on capitalizing "internet". :glare:

$108 for DSL Internet and land line phone

Just downgraded to the $8 Netflix instant streaming only plan.

I have a cell phone through work, which is a nice bonus.

Dh has a Tracfone where is pay as you go for the minutes. I'm not sure how much it is but it's relatively inexpensive, he doesn't use the phone much at all.

Well - with taxes and fees. . . the total for land line/internet and cable is around $132. I have one cell -separate from that at $30.

Barb

Edit to add - this is about $85 cheaper then before I "bundled"

Edited by Barb B

We paid $116 for cable/highspeed/home phone. Then it went up to $140, then $180, then $210 over the course of a year, so we dropped it.

- cell phones (2 - droid & iPhone) $189

- home phone $11 (with taxes etc)

- dsl $27

- Netflix $16

One time "setup" costs were (approximately) $170 to replace the ancient antenna that came with the house, add an amplifier, $40 for a converter box for our old tv and, eventually, $99 for a Roku box to watch Netflix streaming on the tv. (both the converter & Roku were rebated when we bought them, though, so we paid less than that)

internet and cable $70 mth (that is an intro price, when it goes up I will probably drop the cable if they won't give it to me cheap.) at&t uverse

cell phones $100 mth for 2 phones(1 phone with unlimited texting and 1 Iphone with unlimited text and data) at&t

Netflix $8 mth

Edited by Faith
clarity

I must be the only bee with dial-up!:tongue_smilie:

The only other option for internet in our rural area is sattelite, and that's too expensive.

We pay:

$19.95 for internet (save $2 with auto-payment)

$35-45 for landline (100 minutes long-distance)

No cable

Two tracfones and we buy a $20 card about every other month each, so that's $20/mo

Netflix $8, no streaming (dial-up-'nuff said)

That's $88, roundabout. (Do I win the cheap chick trophy?:D)

No cable or landline. Around $100 for 2 cell phones with one phone having all the bells and whistles (unlimited texting and data plan). $43 for internet and I think with increase with Netflix it will be $21 a month.

And another one I'd love to know what cell provider you use! We currently pay $155 all told for 2 phones with Verizon. I am looking for something cheaper, but dh doesn't want to give up his unlimited text/data plan.

To the OP -

$155 - cells

$60 - landline/DSL

$16 - Netflix

no cable

What cell provider do you use?

Boost Mobile. We drop calls a bit which is annoying at times but, other than that it is great.

It starts out at $50 a month for unlimited text, internet, and calls. They will drop $5 off your bill every 6 months if you pay on time each month. They will do that up to $15 off.

The homeowners in our neighborhood have contracted with Centurylink to provide all cable and internet services in our neighborhood. Each owner pays a 99.00/mo 'fiber fee' which includes basic cable and a 3MB DSL internet connection.

We are renting this property and don't use the cable. We pay 25.00/mo. which is Centurylink's fee for a 3MB connection when it's not bundled, plus 10.00 more per month to upgrade the speed to 10BM.

We pay 30.00/mo. for a home phone but we are about to turn it off.

We pay 100.00 per mo. + taxes and fees (so ~120.00/mo.) for two cell phones. We share 1400 minutes and each have 250.00 texts per month. No data. We are about to add a 3rd phone to that plan so our bill will go up 10.00/mo.

And another one I'd love to know what cell provider you use! We currently pay $155 all told for 2 phones with Verizon. I am looking for something cheaper, but dh doesn't want to give up his unlimited text/data plan.

To the OP -

$155 - cells

$60 - landline/DSL

$16 - Netflix

no cable

I have AT&T but I don't know if it unlimited data but I know it is unlimited texting. From what I understand, Verizon has always been more expensive than AT&T.

Internet/Cable: $100 per month (includes tax) we just signed up for cable after an 3 year hiatus

Phone: $60 per YEAR for home phone through Skype

Cell: $82 for 2 lines per month unlimited talk text includes all fees. Through myfamilymobile.com (if you have smart phone you can get REAL internet for as little as $5 per month)

Netflix: $16 per month

Xbox Live $60 per Year (so we can watch Netflix on TV)

Edited by foxbridgeacademy
details

We have cable/DSL/phone through our cable company, but my dad pays for it (he's a tv junkie and likes to get the major league baseball package and since he lives with us, we have it). I believe he pays $160/month (excluding the seasonal cost of MLB package).

cell phones (3 lines, with unlimited text, no data, and splitting 1500 mins): $95

No netflix.

No cable, satelite or cell phones here. We streamlined all our entertainment options to keep our outflow costs low.

We have and pay:

$ 7.99 a month netflix streaming only option

$ 55.00 per month for landline phone ( no long distance) and DSL internet

The only reason I keep the internet at all is because I do online surveys and sell on ebay to make money on the side and they pay these two bills and then some.