Menu

OK....wait a minute! Everyone stop what you are doing and explain to me....

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lisa has been around for a while. She has a *genuine* disorder and she has NEVER behaved like the situation being discussed. Totally different.

and honestly (duck) many of us with real disorders make the jokes too -- if you can't laugh at yourself time to up your medication :D

Guest Dulcimeramy
Whoa! I thought that said something very different! :001_huh:

That has been mentioned elsewhere! But re-read it, it is just about her avatar. ROFL

Delightful read, guys! I so wish I was punny and quick-minded and could come up with some of the zingers I've read today.

I'm glad that I got to read about all of last night's excitement (notice the correct use of an apostrophe). Usually, I log on to find deleted threads and always wonder about the excitement.

Lisa has been around for a while. She has a *genuine* disorder and she has NEVER behaved like the situation being discussed. Totally different.

Thanks for coming to my defense. I guess some of us would rather hide in a closet and make believe we are ok. I can't do that and IF you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at?

Does anyone else get weirded out by this kind of thing? I've been on other public message boards in the past, and this happens a lot. Everytme, I consider leaving Internet forums because it makes me feel unsafe. I've probably watched one too many Oprahs. :lol:

:iagree: After reading the initial thread, I just felt icky. Had to go for a walk with dh in the bright sunshine and relate to him all the incredible dram but just how weird this kind of stuff makes me feel :001_huh: I went ahead and made my signature line so to not seem like 'I'm' a troll (yes, insecure, I know) and now feel worse having done that. Blech!

I went ahead and made my signature line so to not seem like 'I'm' a troll (yes, insecure, I know) and now feel worse having done that. Blech!

I hope that's not what makes people think you're a troll. :001_huh: I used to have a siggy but in my first (and only) controversial thread there was a weird poster who was only posting to me. It freaked me out and I erased all personal information. I haven't built up the courage to add it back.

Personally, I was doubtful about AM from the first. After all, who could believe 17 kids and no T.V. show. ;)

Joy

:D:D

But I do know several families with 11 and 12; so 17 is NOT REALLY THAT BIG A DEAL. In my family it is COMMON for the older kids to be bringing home grandchildren while the mom is still having baby sibs for that "new mom" or "new dad" -- ;) -- so the 17 kids alone would not make me Blink.

Thanks for coming to my defense. I guess some of us would rather hide in a closet and make believe we are ok. I can't do that and IF you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at?

when my fil was dying of cancer, the nurse asked him why he was always joking and in a good mood. His response was "why do it the hard way".

Do you think this is the same person? I copied and pasted. When I first saw this, I thought of the strange similarities...

"Back to HOD!

by Katherine A. on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:16 pm

I posted here a month ago? Asking about placement & such.

I have 12 biological children (3.5 year old Identical Twins (girls), 6 year old Identical Triplets (boys), 7 yos, 9 yod, 11yos, 14yod, 15yos, 16yod, & 18yod)

A couple thing's have changed since i sense posted; the biggest being we Added 6 more dc to our family (4 yod,6 yo boy/girl twins, Almost 9yod,11yos & 13yos) !

My neighbor (more like a friend) passed away from Cancer & her husband passed away too (he committed suicide ), the didn't/don't have anywhere to go, so they are living with us and we're in the process of adopting them.

A couple other things..

My 18 yod is engaged & expecting. My 11 yos wanted to do school during the summer, so i got him ACE. And he flew threw them. (the 7th grade one's)

This is we're everyone is academically now: 2 8th Grader's, 2 5th Graders, 6 2nd Graders, 3 Pre-Kers

I've gone back and fourth of *what* to do with them. I've changed my mind 4 times!

I eventually ended up back to HOD for the 2nd Grader's (BLHFHG), And for the 8th Grader's (Rev To Rev)!

Now I'm back to HOD for Everyone!

I'm going to be using; LHTH, BLHFHG, CTC, & Rev To Rev! And I'm excited!

Thing's have been pretty crazy, and will continue to be so (planning a wedding ), 18 yod having the baby, etc,etc. It's essential to use something open & go! I'm thinking this year will be great "

Do you think this is the same person? I copied and pasted. When I first saw this, I thought of the strange similarities...

"Back to HOD!

I have 12 biological children (3.5 year old Identical Twins (girls), 6 year old Identical Triplets (boys), 7 yos, 9 yod, 11yos, 14yod, 15yos, 16yod, & 18yod)

A couple thing's have changed since i sense posted; the biggest being we Added 6 more dc to our family (4 yod,6 yo boy/girl twins, Almost 9yod,11yos & 13yos) !

My neighbor (more like a friend) passed away from Cancer & her husband passed away too (he committed suicide ), the didn't/don't have anywhere to go, so they are living with us and we're in the process of adopting them.

A couple other things..

My 18 yod is engaged & expecting. My 11 yos wanted to do school during the summer, so i got him ACE. And he flew threw them. (the 7th grade one's)

This is we're everyone is academically now: 2 8th Grader's, 2 5th Graders, 6 2nd Graders, 3 Pre-Kers

I've gone back and fourth of *what* to do with them. I've changed my mind 4 times!

I eventually ended up back to HOD for the 2nd Grader's (BLHFHG), And for the 8th Grader's (Rev To Rev)!

Thing's have been pretty crazy, and will continue to be so (planning a wedding ), 18 yod having the baby, etc,etc. It's essential to use something open & go! I'm thinking this year will be great "

OMW, that's totally her. Now that she's been so publicly outed here, I wonder if she'll slow down. Maybe her personas will just evolve!

"Back to HOD!

A couple other things..

Ya think?! OMG!! This is so sad; this person, whoever she/he is, must have such a sad, sad life and feel the need to make themselves feel better by duping others over the internet. I wonder what her/his real life friends think or if they have any? :confused:

"Back to HOD!

A couple other things..

That would definitely have me going "huh?". It just doesn't make any realistic sense whatsoever.

Not gonna lie...I totally searched out the posts from Anna Marie because I am that nosey! I don't want to admit it but for a moment, she was believable to me....am I really that gullible?? Oh, and I reeeeeeaaallly want to know what her alleged names were for the kids! Do share, please!

I think she should stick to worrying about the configuration of bedrooms!

And are the triplets hers or are some of them from her neighbor/sister? Maybe her sister had one baby the same day she had twins and she is calling them triplets?

:lol:

Dawn

"Back to HOD!

A couple other things..

Edited by DawnM

Dang. I step away from the boards for one lousy day and I miss all the hoopla.

RIGHT!!! Last i saw she was posting about a thread in how she home manages I think. Someone osted a thread about Anne Marie has 17 kids or something like that. WOW! I can't believe someone did that. I thought when you guys say troll and all it was people who just want to sell stuff or those posts that are all in another language everyone reports. What was she gaining about talking to everyone? :glare:

Not gonna lie...I totally searched out the posts from Anna Marie because I am that nosey! I don't want to admit it but for a moment, she was believable to me....am I really that gullible?? Oh, and I reeeeeeaaallly want to know what her alleged names were for the kids! Do share, please!

:iagree: you are nosey and gullible. JK! No, :iagree:about her sounding believable...at least *some* of her posts. Especially the one where she talks about her tips for a large family and uses the word cliche several times.

RIGHT!!! Last i saw she was posting about a thread in how she home manages I think. Someone osted a thread about Anne Marie has 17 kids or something like that. WOW! I can't believe someone did that. I thought when you guys say troll and all it was people who just want to sell stuff or those posts that are all in another language everyone reports. What was she gaining about talking to everyone? :glare:

You can pretend to be anybody you wanna be on the internet. She definitely got attention.

You can pretend to be anybody you wanna be on the internet. She definitely got attention.

Well I understand that but the point I guess? This is a homeschool board ya know. I just guess I don'y understand why someone would go to all the trouble for a homeschool board unless she wanted something. To me it's just reading on the board it is not attention in the way I see it I guess. Maybe any attention is attention to some.

Did you ever figure who she was? I read a bit on the UGH thread but alot has been deleted. I still wanna know who that one person who joined was who started posting about mice and glue traps. That was crazy too

ETA I just saw the same person posted on my thread about my crazy cat once more harping on glue traps. That is all the person has posted about

Edited by clarkacademy

Well I understand that but the point I guess? This is a homeschool board ya know. I just guess I don'y understand why someone would go to all the trouble for a homeschool board unless she wanted something. To me it's just reading on the board it is not attention in the way I see it I guess. Maybe any attention is attention to some.

Did you ever figure who she was? I read a bit on the UGH thread but alot has been deleted. I still wanna know who that one person who joined was who started posting about mice and glue traps. That was crazy too

ETA I just saw the same person posted on my thread about my crazy cat once more harping on glue traps. That is all the person has posted about

Yeah....who knows what their point or gain is. To me it's creepy and it makes me kinda ticked to think I believed them without a thought (although...I did kinda question the whole 17 kids thing from the get-go....so I guess that was a thought).

I guess I totally missed the posts about the glue traps and mice. So, I don't know who that was.

As far as I know, from what I've been reading the last few days.....Anna Marie, Katherine A, Lauren R, Mom in Michigan, Momof7TX, and Diana R. are one and the same?? Correct me if I'm wrong anyone. Unless there's two fakers here at the same time.

I'm new, very new, around here but here's what I know. I have three kiddos and only one of them is schooling right now, I'm also an Army wife. Compared to a lot of you, my plate isn't too terribly full. That being said, I hardly have the time to keep up with my puny amount of posts. How in the world does someone keep up with four different accounts? I'm trying to remember what I had for breakfast!:lol:

My dd made an account one day when I was gone to ask for help with a math question- Is that going to get us banned?? :001_huh:

There are a few cases of dw/dh having separate accounts on the forum. I'm sure they'd have the same IP address. Might be something to ask the mods directly.

Yep...I posted about this on the other thread.

I outed her on the HOD board last night and the owner promised to look into it.

Shouldn't have to look too far. It's quite obvious something's not right!

Glad to hear you toke her/him down. Thank's! :lol:

Glad to hear you toke her/him down. Thank's! :lol:

;)

Some folks aren't exactly grateful! On the homeschool review forum, they're disgusted by how mean the troll hunters on the WTM boards are! And we should be ashamed of ourselves...or something to that affect.

Hmph! Next time, I'll just let them swallow it all, hook line and sinker. :glare:

;)

Some folks aren't exactly grateful! On the homeschool review forum, they're disgusted by how mean the troll hunters on the WTM boards are! And we should be ashamed of ourselves...or something to that affect.

Hmph! Next time, I'll just let them swallow it all, hook line and sinker. :glare:

Except for the Chit Chat board over there. Sheesh...they can get downright nasty....and not even at trolls. I don't open that Chit Chat door anymore.

Except for the Chit Chat board over there. Sheesh...they can get downright nasty....and not even at trolls. I don't open that Chit Chat door anymore.

That's where it's posted! They were visited by AM and several of us -- not just me -- swooped in to tell them what was going on and man! Should've just saved ourselves the trouble.

For what it's worth, I've never been to the chit chat board -- although I've read reviews on the review section. I only went to the board because another WTM poster clued me in that the troll had been posting there.

Thought I'd help. NOT! Will stay here where the folks are friendlier! :D

Edited by hsmamainva
duh - spelling

I'm new, very new, around here but here's what I know. I have three kiddos and only one of them is schooling right now, I'm also an Army wife. Compared to a lot of you, my plate isn't too terribly full. That being said, I hardly have the time to keep up with my puny amount of posts. How in the world does someone keep up with four different accounts? I'm trying to remember what I had for breakfast!:lol:

Ha! True!

Yeah....who knows what their point or gain is. To me it's creepy and it makes me kinda ticked to think I believed them without a thought (although...I did kinda question the whole 17 kids thing from the get-go....so I guess that was a thought).

I guess I totally missed the posts about the glue traps and mice. So, I don't know who that was.

As far as I know, from what I've been reading the last few days.....Anna Marie, Katherine A, Lauren R, Mom in Michigan, Momof7TX, and Diana R. are one and the same?? Correct me if I'm wrong anyone. Unless there's two fakers here at the same time.

Now I acyually didn't question that at all! I figured normal to be truthful. I have seen homeschool stuff on TV talking about big families so I figured cool! That is alot of profiles to fake. I couldn't place it all. I also (not too be rude) if I were gonna make a fake life it would be something CRAZY Not a homeschool board where I read for help on teaching and family stuff.

That's where it's posted! They were visited by AM and several of us -- not just me -- swooped in to tell them what was going on and man! Should've just saved ourselves the trouble.

For what it's worth, I've never been to the chit chat board -- although I've read reviews on the review section. I only went to the board because another WTM poster clued me in that the troll had been posting there.

Thought I'd help. NOT! Will stay here where the folks are friendlier! :D

Really? So.....did they believe AM and didn't believe you & the others? Why would they get mad? They should have appreciated you warning them.

:iagree:; stick here. The Chit Chat has waaaaayyyy too much drama and it gets to the point where every innocent thing you post gets twisted. At least mine did. I said, 'I'm outta here!' and never looked back. :001_smile: But, I do frequent the Homeschool Discussions board (they are generally civil), occasionally the Swap board. I love reading the Reviews though. Why don't we have a Reviews board here?? Or do we and I just never knew. :blushing:

Now I acyually didn't question that at all! I figured normal to be truthful. I have seen homeschool stuff on TV talking about big families so I figured cool! That is alot of profiles to fake. I couldn't place it all. I also (not too be rude) if I were gonna make a fake life it would be something CRAZY Not a homeschool board where I read for help on teaching and family stuff.

It just seemed a little fishey to me because they all had pretty neat names with cool nicknames. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But...her posts (under the AM name) were like immediately chit-chatty; like she'd been here forever and was just chiming in normally. It wasn't anything like, "hello...I'm new here and want to introduce myself". It was like she was always here. Weird.