Menu

What's something fun that you are doing this week?

KristineIN

We are going to the Children's Museum and the Curious George exhibit will be there! Also, we will dig for dinosaurs. Yeah!

We are also starting a Friday Enrichment group and our first day is Friday. The topic this week is Groundhod Day which should be a lot of fun. We are even going to do the Hokey Pokey as groundhogs.:)

I do not have anything planned, but my girls get to spend today and tomorrow with their gramma. :) She is going to give them cooking lessons and have them make dinner both days! I know that will be fun for me! hehehe

We didnt get snow like some folks here in WA, so no fun in the snow here.

We are going to Fort Christmas Historical Park with our hs group on Wed. I forget what is exactly going on there ...but now that you mention it.... I am going to go find out! I know it's something fun and involves time period foods! lol

....off to find out....

Here's what our outside things look like for this week:

He has a piano lesson today with a teacher he adores (sees some other kids he knows, too, coming and going).

Tomorrow, he has a homeschool gym and swim at a local YMCA, followed by swimming on a year round swim team and then a Spanish group is currently meeting at our library in the evening.

On Wednesday, a group of us meet for a Spanish class with some native speakers; most of us go to lunch together; then we come back for an art class we've been doing since fall.

On Thursday, we're going out to a goat cheesery, where babies are currently being born daily. We had to cancel this last week due to snow, so I'm hopeful the weather holds this time! I think it's gonna be a blast!

Friday, he has the second in a series of Red Cross classes that we're doing with other homeschoolers. It's called Basic Aid Training.

Regena

We have our co-op on Wednesdays. We will be working on our solar system unit (facilitated by other mommy-teachers :)) and sharing a pot luck lunch- a baked potato bar. The co-op is an inegral part of our schooling and a major social outlet for the kids and me. On Saturday, Sacramento has a free museum day. Twenty-five museums are participating.

We a few fun things planned this week:

Today - Keepers at Home meeting: we will be making body scrub and soap.

Wednesday - We are going to the Tennessee Performing Arts Center to see H.M.S. Pinafore opera.

Friday - My dd is babysitting and I will have the house to myself. :)

Saturday - We are going to watch the PBS Jane Austen movies that are saved on DVR.

Working on a Ground Hog Day lapbook & the girls are going into work with Grandma one day this week to collate for the local Chamber of Commerce monthly mailings. They LOVE doing this 1 time each month. :D Besides being at Grandma's work, they get to go to the corner diner and get an icecream cone when they are all done. YUM!

We have co-op tomorrow and on Friday we are hosting a play day for the support group that we are in. We are going to decorate valentine cookies while others are over (about 5 families coming)

What fun things are you doing this week?

Kristine

Oh, we're supposed to have fun? LOL! I'm thinking on it now. Last week we made a model of Olympic Mons and erupted it- that counts as fun, right?!

Thursday we are going to the movie theatre to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. I think it is a Christmas movie, but our local theatre is always the last to get the movies. We are just thankful that our little town of 1, 000 has a movie theatre. On Fri. we will be going to the post office with our homeschool group for a tour.

Julia

mom of 3 (8,7,5)

Well, we aren't going anywhere, but b/c we are finally home I'm getting to some school projects. :) Today we made a compass for science and did another experiment showing how the sun reflects off of the moon. Tomorrow we are going to make Chinese farmers' hats for history. :) It is fun to get to do some projects, my kids love them! I hate them unless I have plenty of time.

Play in the snow! The college I work at was closed for today due to snow. So I get to stay home and play (and do school, of course) with my kids, yeah!! It looks like more snow for tomorrow too!

They closed schools here in Spokane today too, (first time in forever!) and dh also had a snow day. They told all non-essential employees to stay home. That hurt his ego! :-)

They closed schools here in Spokane today too, (first time in forever!) and dh also had a snow day. They told all non-essential employees to stay home. That hurt his ego! :-)

That was cute.

We didn't get any snow, just a light dusting. My dh keeps sending me winter warnings/snow warning advisories for our area. I when I see something I will believe them. :rolleyes:

things have gotten more fun around here. Click my blog link below to see what we made this weekend. This week we are either going to follow her plan for a no-sew fleece blanket or get started on our sewing school mini-kit.

Hearts and Trees--"sew" much fun ;)

I live in a highly over-developed and UN-Kid-Friendly area, and I was so happy to find a whole new experience for my kids. A Strawberry Patch. The store is in a shopping center, and filled with all kinds of old fashioned goodies, candies, hand scooped ice cream, and fancy health drinks... Behind the store, you walk down a wooden ramp onto a full size hydroponic farm. But to make it feel farm-y they added gravel walkways, lots of huge bird cages with exotic birds, pretty grassy areas with lots of fruit trees, adult-size chairs and kiddie lawn chairs, a gazebo with a swing, and even 2 miniature donkeys and 2 goats. But lest you picture a nasty petting zoo and bird poop with a few chairs sitting here and there think again. Every piece of the lawn shows the loving touch of some gardner, landscaper or grandma. There are flowers hanging from branches, lots of fresh grass to lay around on and all the tables are new, and clean and pretty. There is even a blackberry patch and Veggie barn complete with REAL HAY (which I knew the smell of from my childhood but my kids had never smelled before!!!)

And it's all free. You can come and go and probably not even buy any strawberries. No one is watching you and standing over your shoulder. Of course we did buy strawberries, anyway though.

I am so glad I read this thread and realized Groundhog's Day is coming upon us. I don't have anything unusually fun planned for this week, but last Friday we visited the Parthenon here in Nashville. It was built as a full-size replica of the Athen's Parthenon, including an over 40 ft. statue of Athena inside. We had been studying ancient Greece, but the kids were astounded to learn we had our very own Parthenon. It is pretty amazing!

We are going to Fort Christmas Historical Park with our hs group on Wed. I forget what is exactly going on there ...but now that you mention it.... I am going to go find out! I know it's something fun and involves time period foods! lol

....off to find out....

I love your dog! Is he a Napoleon Mastiff? Too cute! My 15 year old loves Mastiffs....

My kids start a co-op class on Friday. My oldest is taking a constitution class and my youngers are taking drawing classes. We will go swimming at the Y and then proceed on to our literature club. On Saturday my daughter and I will go on a mother-daughter scout cabin-ing trip. I didn't know what else to call it because, to me, camping is pitching a tent and dealing with the elements. We will be staying in a heated cabin. Dd is so excited!

As a result of his involvement with boys' chor, he has been cast in a workshop production of a new opera. So, we've spent most of the last two weeks on the grounds of the arts center where the rehearsals are taking place. (And not getting much school-work done at all!)

The presentations are happening in the next three or four days, after which it'll be back to real life for at least a couple of weeks. And we'll have to buckle down and try to catch up on all the stuff we haven't done while we're here.

But, it's been such a great experience for him, having a chance to work with professional peformers and the librettist and composer--not to mention spending time in such a lovely setting--that I think it's been worth it.

--Jenny