Menu

Photos of my Candy Buffet!

Today was the 25th wedding anniversary celebration for our friends -- I decided in the wee hours of Thursday morning that I would give them a candy buffet for a gift (as I have written here - they are the kind of couple for whom it would be quite difficult to select a gift). So, I began a crash course in candy buffet and below are the results.

There is not much else (;)) that is mroe fun than putting candy in lovely glass containers and providing little bags and boxes so folks can take their favorites home.

FYI, I used to crystal containers that I have here at home that have not been packed away. The others, seven or eight or nine others I think, I purchased as Unique Consignment Shop for a $34.00

SWEET!!!!!

get-attachment.aspx?uid=28964284&folder=Sent&partId=7get-attachment.aspx?uid=28964284&folder=Sent&partId=6get-attachment.aspx?uid=28964284&folder=Sent&partId=5

Let me try again -- sorry. I will try to attach here.

Today was the 25th wedding anniversary celebration for our friends -- I decided in the wee hours of Thursday morning that I would give them a candy buffet for a gift (as I have written here - they are the kind of couple for whom it would be quite difficult to select a gift). So, I began a crash course in candy buffet and below are the results.

There is not much else (;)) that is mroe fun than putting candy in lovely glass containers and providing little bags and boxes so folks can take their favorites home.

FYI, I used to crystal containers that I have here at home that have not been packed away. The others, seven or eight or nine others I think, I purchased as Unique Consignment Shop for a $34.00

SWEET!!!!!

post-10544-13535084914118_thumb.jpg

post-10544-13535084914504_thumb.jpg

post-10544-13535084914118_thumb.jpg

post-10544-13535084914504_thumb.jpg

Edited by MariannNOVA

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! What a NEAT idea, Mariann!!! That's SO pretty!!!! What a good friend you are!!!

Denise, this was so much fun! And, honestly, this couple and their kids have been SUCH good friends to us --we've known them for six years, and they are always there for us with no strings attached. It was my pleasure to do this for them.

Example: they are leaving to go away for a week early tomorrow -- the dh has a brand new BMW - GORGEOUS! They made my dh drive it home today and use it for the week since we are down to one car.

Denise, this was so much fun! And, honestly, this couple and their kids have been SUCH good friends to us --we've known them for six years, and they are always there for us with no strings attached. It was my pleasure to do this for them.

Example: they are leaving to go away for a week early tomorrow -- the dh has a brand new BMW - GORGEOUS! They made my dh drive it home today and use it for the week since we are down to one car.

wow - how NICE!!!!!

Interesting! I'd never heard of a candy buffet before, and had a heck of a time trying to picture what it was.

What kinds of candy did you have?

ME: (mumbling b/c I have chocolate in my mouth): tons of Hershey kisses b/c it was their silver anniversary and my color scheme was silver and white and kisses are less expensive than other stuff -- not by much, but every little bit counts.

Silver and white M&Ms.

Multi-colored swizzled-twirl lollipops.

Purple Rock Candy and White Rock Candy.

Non-Pareils (which are my MOST favorite candy in the world).

Silver Gumballs and White Gumballs.

White Jordan Almonds.

Pastel colored small mints.

Button Candy (dots on paper) - everyone loved those.

I had to get all my candy, due to time constraints, at Wegman's and Party City. If I did this again or for someone else, I would definitely scope out a big box store and we have a candy store at one of the malls near here and I would go there. But for a last minute idea, it did really come together.

I had two really nice crystal containers that I hadn't packed away and I bought the rest at a Thrift store for a grand total of $34.00 -- probably 9 containers.

I am going to google and see if I can. I don't want them to eaten mindlessly, and If I can save them and keep them fresh, that would be great.

If you can freeze berries ok, I would think M&Ms would survive fine..perhaps on cookie sheets first, then vac seal them in bags.

Sure. M&Ms are always good. I don't discriminate against M&Ms of any color. :lol: (I love Jordan Almonds too.)

I should offer them for free on the FOR SALE board.......that would be a first.:lol:

The jordan almonds stayed at our friends home -- there were alot of those left, but it turns out the husband LOVES them, so I left a container of them there. He has to eat them all tonight, though, b/c they leave for hawaii in the a.m.

I should offer them for free on the FOR SALE board.......that would be a first.:lol:

The jordan almonds stayed at our friends home -- there were alot of those left, but it turns out the husband LOVES them, so I left a container of them there. He has to eat them all tonight, though, b/c they leave for hawaii in the a.m.

Let me know when you post them! :D

LOL. If the friend's dh eats them all tonight, he'll be on a sugar buzz all the way to Hawaii. ;)

What a nice thing to say -- thank you! I have to figure out how to do this as a business --:001_smile:

Candy Creations by Mariann

Engagement party candy buffet

Bridal shower candy buffet

Anniversary Candy Buffet

Baby shower candy buffet

Graduation Candy buffet

Chocolate lovers candy buffet

Non-chocolate candy buffet

Different colors could be used for the different occassions.

Different containers would be awesome for themes, too.

You could offer a choice of themes, colors, containers and types of candy available. If you could find a candy company willing to give you a discount for repeat/bulk orders that would be wonderful.

Your new house would need to have a large storage area for the supplies. You don't want to be draped in tulle and ribbon everyday.

That looks so beautiful! I had seen a picture once (on a blog) where someone did something similar for a child's birthday party. But, the colors were all brights/rainbow (you know...child like). So, when I read candy buffet, I was trying to picture it. You did such an excellent job with pulling together that silver and white theme! I don't think I even realized that there were silver m&ms! Gorgeous!

This is beautiful! Was this instead of the fancy cupcakes?

I totally think you could have a nice business doing this.

Let me try again -- sorry. I will try to attach here.

SWEET!!!!!

Candy Creations by Mariann

Engagement party candy buffet

Bridal shower candy buffet

Anniversary Candy Buffet

Baby shower candy buffet

Graduation Candy buffet

Chocolate lovers candy buffet

Non-chocolate candy buffet

Different colors could be used for the different occassions.

Different containers would be awesome for themes, too.

You could offer a choice of themes, colors, containers and types of candy available. If you could find a candy company willing to give you a discount for repeat/bulk orders that would be wonderful.

Your new house would need to have a large storage area for the supplies. You don't want to be draped in tulle and ribbon everyday.

**like**