Menu

What's for dinner?

It's called Chili and Honey chicken

2 TBSP chili powder

1 TBSP honey

1 TBSP lime juice

little salt

little pepper

Roll some chicken in it, bake until done.

Recipe is for 4 servings - 4 leg/thigh quarters

For my crew:

2 T chili powder

4 T honey

4 T lime juice

salt

pepper

Thighs baked at 375* for around an hour ?

Well, the meat eaters are having barbequed ribs on a stick (there is something highly masculine about meat on a stick for some reason ;)), corn on the cob and grilled potatoes w/onions and garlic. The rest of us are having a big, fat salad, corn on the cob and grilled potatoes w/onions and garlic.

DS and DH had spaghetti w/ meat sauce... I haven't been able to eat spaghetti since I was pregnant with DS so I'm sipping away at 8 oz of milk mixed with a scoop of whey protein. DH has to work tonight so after DS goes to bed I'll probably have a snack of asparagus and salad.

We are having tilapia (lightly seasoned and roasted in foil packets, roasted asparagus, salad and garlic toast.

This is my LAST day on the HCG diet-- so I only get the tilapia and asparagus.

Down 25 pounds on round 1!

Sounds yummy, and congrats on the weight loss. Last bight I made roasted asparagus and broccoli. The kids fought over it.

One of our family favorites:

chicken/potato/spinach tostadas!!!

leftover chicken (any pieces... I used leftovers from baked chickens once a week) pulled apart/shredded...

about 6 potatoes... diced and cooked...

frozen spinach (thawed)

Stir all ingredients in large bowl with nearly a cup of mayo or less... just to keep it all moist and stick together...

spread on tostada shells, top with hot sauce...

YUMM! Everyone gobbles it up!

We had salisbury steaks with onions and gravy, mashed potatoes, sauteed snow peas and steamed asparagus. Comfort food - it is a little cool here today. (I'm not complaining, though.)

Tara's chicken recipe sounds good, I will have to try it.

We had homemade broccoli cheddar soup with big chunks of bread right out of the oven.

Yummy.

Would you mind sharing your recipe for broccoli cheddar soup?

That and bread right out of the oven will be a perfect dinner for any of the busy nights we have coming up this week.

Yummy.

Would you mind sharing your recipe for broccoli cheddar soup?

That and bread right out of the oven will be a perfect dinner for any of the busy nights we have coming up this week.

I'm at the coffee shop right now, but I'll try to remember it. :D

3 cups chicken stock

4 cups chopped broccoli

an onion, chopped

dash of garlic powder

1 tsp thyme (It didn't specify, I used dried)

2 bay leaves

4 tbsp butter

4 tbsp flour

1/2 tsp salt

pinch of pepper

2 cups milk

2 cups cheddar cheese

In a large sauce pan, mix stock, broccoli, onion, garlic powder, thyme, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat. Simmer for ten minutes or until vegetables are soft. Remove bay leaves, puree in a blender or food processor, then set aside in a bowl.

Melt butter in the same sauce pan and whisk in flour, salt, and pepper until it forms a paste. Add milk and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add cheese and continue stirring until cheese is completely melted. Add broccoli mixture and continue to cook until blended together. Salt and pepper again to taste. Makes six servings.

Okay, that looks right. God bless my decent memory, lol.

3 cups chicken stock

4 cups chopped broccoli

an onion, chopped

dash of garlic powder

2 bay leaves

4 tbsp butter

4 tbsp flour

1/2 tsp salt

pinch of pepper

2 cups milk

2 cups cheddar cheese

In a large sauce pan, mix stock, broccoli, onion, garlic powder, thyme, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat. Simmer for ten minutes or until vegetables are soft. Remove bay leaves, puree in a blender or food processor, then set aside in a bowl.

Melt butter in the same sauce pan and whisk in flour, salt, and pepper until it forms a paste. Add milk and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add cheese and continue stirring until cheese is completely melted. Add broccoli mixture and continue to cook until blended together. Salt and pepper again to taste. Makes six servings.

Thank you!!

Tomorrow, 'It's what's for dinner.'

Hungarian Goulash :drool5:

-4 cups chicken or beef cut into strips sauteed w/ a sweet onion also cut into strips and garlic

-3/4 c ketchup

- 2T Worchestershire sauce

-1T brown sugar

-1-2 tsp paprika

-1/2 tsp ground mustard

- a dash of cayenne

Saute' the meat (cut up into strips), onion and garlic til the meat is done. Then add in all the above ingredients with 1 1/2 cups water and stir well. Let that simmer for about an hour, hour and a half covered adding water as needed. Then after an hour, hour and a half thicken and serve over noodles or rice (we like rice) Sometimes we have it with tortillas also (naan style)

This is a family favorite!

Edited by wy_kid_wrangler04

• 4 weeks later...

3 cups chicken stock

4 cups chopped broccoli

an onion, chopped

dash of garlic powder

2 bay leaves

4 tbsp butter

4 tbsp flour

1/2 tsp salt

pinch of pepper

2 cups milk

2 cups cheddar cheese

Okay. I'm happy to report that this soup is delicious. Seriously. My 5yo that hates both soup and broccoli said it was the best soup he's ever eaten. He ate a 1 cup serving. My 2yo thought it was cheesy dip and used to to dip his garlic bread in. He ate 1/2 cup.

I am amazed!