Menu

Another blood transfusion

Prayers for your transfusion to go well. You've been surprising your doctors all along, and I'm going to pray that that will happen tomorrow for you.

Take care, Christine. I'll be thinking of you and hoping for the best!

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Sending prayers! :grouphug:

Please look into drinking coconut water (the water in the coconut, not coconut milk from a can which is the blended meat).

In WWI, coconut water was used for blood transfusions because it is the most similar thing to the plasma in human blood.

I needed a blood transfusion once and drank several coconuts and was instantly revived and hemorrhaging stopped within minutes. Coconuts saved my life! HTH!

Devotional Soul,

That's very interesting. My sister did a huge paper in college on the alternative medicines that doctors in WWII used when their traditional medical supplies ran low. Her research was narrowed to some innovative things that French doctors used, tea tree oil, garlic, cinnamon oil, rosemary, etc. for fighting wound infections but she also ran across the giving of coconut water for blood loss and IV rehydration. I had completely forgotten about it.

The other wonderful side effect of coconut is it's anti-viral, anti-bacterial qualities plus it has a few properties that strengthen the immune system. So drinking it is a win-win.

Carpe - Praying for you!

Faith

Tomorrow will be my 3rd transfusion in 18 days. The doctors are concerned and so tomorrow I will be having some testing prior to transfusion. Please pray that there is a simple reason/no concern. Thanks.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug:

You are still in our prayers.

Praying all goes well and your health returns quickly.

Faithe

After 3 hour plus time at the doctors office, it was decided not to transfuse me today. My local doc suspected I am bleeding internally but my study doctor 7 hours away said this is common for the drug I had been on. So I continue onward and may need to have one next week. My chemo is scheduled for Thursday.

:grouphug:

After 3 hour plus time at the doctors office, it was decided not to transfuse me today. My local doc suspected I am bleeding internally but my study doctor 7 hours away said this is common for the drug I had been on. So I continue onward and may need to have one next week. My chemo is scheduled for Thursday.

Hi:

Sorry I don't have all the details, but is your chemo for breast cancer? Did you have reconstruction? I needed several blood transfusions, including platelets, in the middle of my chemo. Months later (after chemo ended), my reconstructed breast became infected, and the implant was removed. Turns out I had been slowly bleeding underneath it for months, maybe since the mastectomy 6 months earlier! I don't know how they could find this out, but I hope this isn't the case for you, and you'll be rebounding soon! Blessings!!

Marie

Hi:

Sorry I don't have all the details, but is your chemo for breast cancer? Did you have reconstruction? I needed several blood transfusions, including platelets, in the middle of my chemo. Months later (after chemo ended), my reconstructed breast became infected, and the implant was removed. Turns out I had been slowly bleeding underneath it for months, maybe since the mastectomy 6 months earlier! I don't know how they could find this out, but I hope this isn't the case for you, and you'll be rebounding soon! Blessings!!

Marie

It's for IBC