Menu

So how did you spend your morning?

Mine was spent listening to dh break it down to ds about P*4n and the internet, and p3d*ph7lz, STD's and all kinds of wonderful things... I hate the internet, and I hate the way that no matter how we try to preserve our children and their childhood for as long as is necessary, the ick still permeates.

:(

well, it's only 8:30 am here, but I've been up since 6 getting my 17yodd off to the SAT. Somehow her first name got screwed up when I put it into College board, and it came out a little funky on the ticket. I just noticed it this morning. All's well, tho, as they didn't even look at the ticket. They just checked id against their list, and If they name they had on the list was spelled funky (Camer N instead of Cameron), it didn't faze them. Hope dd survives. She is going to CC, so it's really not imperative that she take it, but I wanted her to just for the experience. She isn't going to ace anything, especially math. She's my art/music kid. But we'll see. Puts iron in your spine to have to take these things :001_smile:

No fun for us here. My father passed away on Monday and we are all going over to clear out his apartment this morning. DD9 has skiing and I would much rather be out skiing with her this morning. It's still early here, though, so DH and I are playing a computer game and drinking coffee.

My 3 boys stayed the night with my aunt and so it is just dd and I. We slept late, had chocolate chip pancakes and now she is playing ds and I'm here.

I could do laundry, mop or any of about a million cleaning things that need done but I'm not. I think sewing time is called for!!:D

All three children have colds (so it was a miserable night last night) it is 18 degrees out, and the subway nearest to our apartment is not running this weekend. This morning we baked, did laundry, and did a quick but fun FIAR lesson about tornadoes. But we have to get out of here this afternoon; I just have no idea where!

I slept til 10:00, ate breakfast, wandered around aimlessly, made a bag of popcorn and grabbed a Dr. Pepper and am now sitting in bed playing here. I have a stack of stuff to do istting next to me, but not sure how much will get done. It's Saturday, for goodness sake!!!

I woke up to my cell phone ringing. Dh called to tell me he is going to start the trip home. It's an 18-hour drive so he won't actually get here until tomorrow night. He has been gone over a week now, and I have missed him, and worried about terribly, with his brother's death and all.

The sun was shining brightly this morning. I sat and stared at it for a good 5-minutes trying to determine what it was, since we haven't seen it in forever. I then milked the cow, fed the horses, took the horses coats off since there is no rain in the forecast, fed the pigs, and played with a litter of piglets we just weaned. I am now sitting here drinking coffee and reading the boards. I don't intend to do anything else productive for the next hour.....at least.

I told the kids they could not have any electronics until they hauled in the wood for this week. They are now reading.

krista

That is rough and I am not looking forward to those days!

I got to the gym around 6:20 am, ran 3 miles, did some weights and stretching. Went home, took a shower, and my dh made me scrambled eggs. Then, I took dd to ballet and read a book we are doing at a couples study. Dd played with her ballet friend after ballet for awhile, then dd and I went to the library. Dh took the ds's to karate.

I've been doing the laundry... three sick kids last night made for quite a mess, and now dh isn't feeling well either. We've been having a movie morning, with small bits of food and drinks sprinkled in.

At least I went to the grocery store last night, so I've got the fixings for some yummy chicken soup...

I've also been browsing online, as I need to sew a slip for each girl, and am trying to make sure that the pattern in my head is correct. One thing I forgot, and remembered in my searching was that I need to cut the cotton fabric on the bias. I think that's what I did wrong last time. They fit, but weren't quite right.

I've prayed and puttered on the computer while watching the news. I made some wonderful eggs. They were so orange they looked like pumpkins! I drank both hot chocolate and hot tea, because it's very cold and I feel the chill to my bones these days..... Now I'm getting ready to start work on next year's school plan and finish up a book....

Dh and I had a night out last night. We got home at 2am, so we slept in. I then spent the morning laying on the couch while dd4 watched cartoons. It was a very relaxing morning after a fun night. I went to the church at 10am to pick up dd12 from a Jr high sleep over, stopped at a small donut shop and picked up a 1/2 dozen.

Right now it is 10:51, I am typing this, watching MI:5 and eating a cream filled donut with a mocha. mmmmmmmmmmmm

No fun for us here. My father passed away on Monday and we are all going over to clear out his apartment this morning. DD9 has skiing and I would much rather be out skiing with her this morning. It's still early here, though, so DH and I are playing a computer game and drinking coffee.

So very sorry for your loss.

We spent our morning on the phone with our Internet provider, trying to get internet service back on. It was 2 very long, painful hours of trying to get tech support people to LISTEN to us, instead of reading off their script. They royally screwed up how we've had to have our wireless set up at our house, called me a liar (yep - surely did - and that was escalated up to the supervisor status pronto), and finally got to someone who knew what they were talking about and fixed everything just right. Not a fun morning. And DH is a tech support person, so it was doubly frustrating for him to have to be put through the script machine when he knew what the problem was and just needed them to give him the info to fix it.

It's one of those conversations that every parent should have with their child at some point; there is never a "good" time. On the flip side, you can be thankful you have a dh willing to have that talk, that your ds is at the age where he is still open to guidance, and that you were all able to stop something before he was exposed to anything more.

My kids are big enough that I don't really fear a stranger harming them. I do worry though about what they are unexpectedly exposed to from the safety of our home via the internet or cable tv.

I'm thinking that your next Saturday morning will be much better.

:grouphug::grouphug:

DS and I drove down to the wildlife refuge (10 minutes away) and walked their 1 mile boardwalk loop. We were going to do three laps for exercise but he asked if we could check out binoculars. We saw two (or maybe the same one twice) juvenile bald eagles, red-winged blackbirds, chickadees, mallard ducks, Canadian geese (huge flock), bufflehead, signs of beaver activity, and more.

We came home, and I reheated some breakfast leftovers and tossed them in a tortilla for DH and DS as they were heading out to taekwondo. Then I reheated different leftovers for the rest of us.

Then I had a conversation with a friend over FB chat, and another with a different friend over FB chat.

I played Wii bowling with my three year old and was declared the best mommy ever because I play bowling with him. He won, btw. Now we are playing a round of golf.

It's been a pretty good morning.

Morning was about waking up, trying to clear my head (terrible cold), and eating a late breakfast. This afternoon has been making sure the child that doesn't feel well is in bed, turning over laundry, hubby napping (he works tonight), movies being played in the living room, older children helping with smaller chores, waiting for one child to finish the dishes (seriously, how long does it take?!), and I have Clean House clips playing on the computer to keep be motivated as I clean the dining/school room.