Menu

What books did you get for Christmas?

My hubby and son were very generous and bought me several books.

Read, Remember Recommend Reading Journal for Book Lovers - lots of neat book award lists to refer to.

Dr. Zhivago - Boris Pasternak

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep - Philip Dick

Salamander - Thomas Wharton

Writing from the Inside Out - Dennis Palumbo

Portable MFA in Creative Writing - New York writers Workshop

He also bought James and I three dvds from the frank Capra Bell Science series. They are from the early 50's. Anybody remember this series?

Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy by Eric Metaxas (asked for it after reading a discussion about it here)

America by Heart: Reflections on Family, Faith and Flag by Sarah Palin

The Once and Future King by T.H. White (friend found a copy of it for $1 at Salvation Army and remembered a conversation where I told her how much I loved it in high school :001_smile:)

Mary

Only one book this year - Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God by Francis Chan.

Dh knew I needed clothes more, so I didn't get my usual stack. :) That's okay as I have at least 5 on my bookshelf waiting to be read. And, there's always the library!

To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis

The Civilization of the Middle Ages by Norman F. Cantor

Kristin Lavransdatter by Sigrid Undset

Cross Creek by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Good Omens by Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman

Grace Based Parenting by Dr. Tim Kimmel

Sin and Syntax by Constance Hale

Simple & Direct: A Rhetoric for Writers by Jacques Barzun

Origins of the Specious by Patricia T. O'Conner

From Eternity to Here: the Quest for the Ultimate Theory of Time by Sean Carroll

The Provincial Lady in London by E.M. Delafield

Since I was already a couple stacks "behind" in my reading, this will keep me going for a good long time -- a very comfortable thought!

I only received one Christmas gift this year and it was a book. Sarah Palin's Going Rogue. And no, it was not what I wanted. I don't know what my husband and son were thinking but it was difficult to hide my disapointment. The thing is, I love to read and had provided them with a list of books and other things that I would have been thrilled with - many of which would have cost much less than this book. Yeah, I wanted to read it but my plan was to do it on the library's dime.