Menu

Elizabeth Edwards just died. I'm so sad for her kids...

already??? it was just yesterday that I saw a news article about her final FB post and how it might be weeks or days. 1 day? How awful. I really liked her and felt so bad for her. :crying::crying:

I just saw that article this morning. I prayed that she would make it through Christmas for her kids sake. So sad.

already??? it was just yesterday that I saw a news article about her final FB post and how it might be weeks or days. 1 day? How awful. I really liked her and felt so bad for her. :crying::crying:

I just read the article today. It is very sad--I feel so bad for her children.

Yesterday I read that her ex and the rest of the family were by her bedside and I had a sinking feeling that there would not be 'weeks' but merely hours. :crying:

I hope she is with her son Wade now and am glad she's not in pain any longer. She handled herself much better than I would have under some very trying circumstances.

I hope she is with her son Wade now and am glad she's not in pain any longer. She handled herself much better than I would have under some very trying circumstances.

Yes. As I remarked yesterday when I read the earlier story – I think she will be sad to leave, but I also think she will find some peace. I hope she's found it tonight.

:iagree: A friend of mine died at about her age, of cancer. He told me, wisely, that he had lived longer and better than most people in history, and he had no bone to pick with the nature of things.

Wow! I hope I can be that brave if I'm ever in that position. Cancer terrifies me!

I felt very sorry for her facing death and having to leave a 10 and 12 year old with her husband and very possibly with the other woman with whom her husband had humiliated their family. That's the part that would be so hard for me if I were her: what will happen to my kids? They do have a much older sister; perhaps she will be able to be of some comfort to them.

So, yes, I feel for the children losing their mother and I hope that John Edwards will put them first in the choices he makes from here on out.

I felt very sorry for her facing death and having to leave a 10 and 12 year old with her husband and very possibly with the other woman with whom her husband had humiliated their family. That's the part that would be so hard for me if I were her: what will happen to my kids? They do have a much older sister; perhaps she will be able to be of some comfort to them.

So, yes, I feel for the children losing their mother and I hope that John Edwards will put them first in the choices he makes from here on out.

:iagree:

I would not have wanted to be married to John Edwards, but I always felt that he was very genuine when he spoke about the death of his son, and his incredible grief about it. He seemed phony about a lot of other things, but not about that. I would hope that he treasures all of his living children and is a great father to them, especially knowing the pain of loss. Those kids really need a loving parent right now.

Cat