Menu

update on my dog Linus....

As hard as the vet worked, Linus had to be put down this afternoon. He developed pneumonia, and he was just not going to get any better. He was good dog and we will miss him so much

oh no!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO SORRY to hear this!!!! Poor Linus. I thought this would have a different outcome.:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: Did your vet ever come to a conclusive diagnosis?

oh no!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO SORRY to hear this!!!! Poor Linus. I thought this would have a different outcome.:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: Did your vet ever come to a conclusive diagnosis?

no official diagnosis. The pneumonia was caused by his vomiting. He aspirated it, and his system was already in such distress that he just couldn't get over the two problems combined. They offered to do an autopsy, but we just wanted to bring him home and bury him under his favorite oak tree.

My oldest daughter and I got to be there with him at the end. Signing the euthanasia release was one of the hardest things I've ever done. It was hard on me, not just because I loved the dog so much, but because I had to watch my kids hurt too.

His sister (they came from the same litter) seems totally confused. She's been smelling all over my van, smelling all over where we buried him and is spending alot of time laying out under the tree. She looks so lonely and sad. She's even done a little digging there.

My kids are doing ok. My oldest dd has gone to stay with her Grandma for the week (we'd already planned on that before all this happened) and I am hoping that the change of scenery helps her out.

They are already asking about when we could get another pup, and my dh has called the breeder; we'll see.

I am so sorry. Our Coliie died in August from an unexplained illness...vomitting, refusal to eat, weakness, lethargy. They didn't know what was wrong with her either. It was and is heartbreaking. We had her for 9 years.

We are getting a Great Pyr puppy from a wonderful breeder in Southern Indiana. The litter was born Sunday night, but she also has a litter of 6 week old puppies ready.

I'll pm you the website. :grouphug: