Menu

I did come back ...

Guest beachPatty

Guest Cindie2dds

If you don't want to "hang out" here to get up to 50 posts, I suggest going to a pertinent yahoo group for the type of curricula you have. This is buying season, so if what you have acquired over the years you have homeschooled is still relevant, it should sell well.

Good Luck.

Seriously??

I'm confused.

I just read through every single post there. People were friendly, responded, joked around, explained the board rules, made suggestions for what else you could do if you didn't really want to post to this forum, asked about you coming back, encouraged you to give posting here a try, that you might like it....

In short, I am utterly baffled as to what you read or got out of that thread that would make you "sad" or would give you the impression that you'd intruded, or that people were saying "we're not playing with you."

You were the one who said "I have no interest in posting here/chatting with you all...."

I don't understand where you are coming from or what could possibly have offended you. I really don't.

LOL It is Friday. My dh is home, so that threw me off. :lol:

:lol: I had sort of a rough night last night dealing with way too much stress and drama and was up until 4 this morning, crying much of that time. As you can imagine, I'm not at 100 percent right now. When I read that it was Saturday I was really thrown off and had to pull out my phone and look at the date!! :D

:lol: I had sort of a rough night last night dealing with way too much stress and drama and was up until 4 this morning, crying much of that time. As you can imagine, I'm not at 100 percent right now. When I read that it was Saturday I was really thrown off and had to pull out my phone and look at the date!! :D

:grouphug: Days like that are tough. ((hugs))

I feel like a little kid who has been told "we're not playing with YOU" ...

It is curious that you got that feeling from this site and from the responses to your previous thread.

What I see is people telling you, "Hello! Join us! But please follow our rules."

I was so glad to see this. My dh is off today and I"m on cold medicine, so I wasn't too sure. I did ask my dc, but there was a difference of opinion. I was just kind of floating....

So have we definitely decided that this is Friday?

This feels like gambling...I am going to vote Friday.

I have a cold as well. I am fearing strep. My Dr doesn't even have office hours today. (Friday?)

I really like the 50 post rule. I think it protects us and keeps this the place it was intended to be, a place to discuss HSing (not craigs list). The sale /buy area is an offshoot and I feel better knowing I am buying from 'one of the gang' ---less likely to get scr*wed by someone I will talk to later. I honestly would not buy from someone with only 50 posts anyway (maybe if they had been here for more than 6 months).

Yes its Friday!!

Its also cool that the OP is in the BTDT stage of her life, but the rules are still there for a reason.

Lara

I'm haven't been around long enough to recognise a troll

Let's see, you could sell them at these places:

Ebay

Amazon

Vegsource

http://www.homeschoolclassifieds.com/default.asp

have a yard sale

try to sell to teachers at the school you are substituting

There are all sorts of places to sell. I understand not wanting to take a monetary loss, but this website costs money to run, and the owner has every right to make the rules.

I personally think there should be an annual post requirement. Too many people just post enough to sell. That's not the point of this forum.

I was so glad to see this. My dh is off today and I"m on cold medicine, so I wasn't too sure. I did ask my dc, but there was a difference of opinion. I was just kind of floating....

So have we definitely decided that this is Friday?

Can we make it Thursday instead of Friday? I mean Friday I have so much to do and if it is only Thursday I can sit and play on the forum...:lol:

I personally think there should be an annual post requirement. Too many people just post enough to sell. That's not the point of this forum.

:iagree:

Plus, I don't like when people with only a couple posts, who have joined just today, want to buy items. I don't trust them. Although nice enough people join everyday, I'd like there to be a minimum posts amount for buyers ;)

Oh - I am voting for Friday also, I was worried I had already wasted half my weekend! :lol:

Can we make it Thursday instead of Friday? I mean Friday I have so much to do and if it is only Thursday I can sit and play on the forum...:lol:

Oh I'm all for this! Thursday was my day at the beach with the dogs! I could do it again if it's Thursday..... instead of laundry & planning next year & mudding walls & grooming the said dogs (which smell vaguely of dead fish from their beach romp)

You're not getting any votes for Thursday from me. I just don't like Thursdays. Whenever I lose my cool, it's almost always a Thursday. I vote for getting rid of it entirely. :tongue_smilie:

Oh I'm all for this! Thursday was my day at the beach with the dogs! I could do it again if it's Thursday..... instead of laundry & planning next year & mudding walls & grooming the said dogs (which smell vaguely of dead fish from their beach romp)

Well, if Thursday is a day when you are NOT doing drywall, I can see why you might prefer it. :D

While the last part of the statement is true, the first part couldn't fly. I mean, look at me—I have about 12% of the posts you have, but we have the same join date and I am here at least weekly. I'm not a troll, though a few may totally disagree with my opinions. I just don't see the point of a yearly requirement..... Some folks just don't have as much to say as others. :D

You're not getting any votes for Thursday from me. I just don't like Thursdays. Whenever I lose my cool, it's almost always a Thursday. I vote for getting rid of it entirely. :tongue_smilie:

Thursdays are okay with me, but not Mondays.

I don't like Mondays. Tell me why I don't like Mondays. I wanna to shoot the whole day down.

I just don't see the point of a yearly requirement..... Some folks just don't have as much to say as others. :D

:iagree:I am on here all the time and rarely have anything worth saying that hasn't already been said. You ladies are hard to keep up with in more ways than one.

Though I don't see how this would work, I can understand and agree with the view. It's too easy for someone to hang, work up to 50posts, and then mess people over.

but hon - gently, here - you're the one who is saying you don't want to play with US.

We want you to play.

Precisely. In fact, others in the thread were being nice to you, encouraging you, and trying to help you converse so that you could meet the requirement.

You have to understand that the rules are there for everyone's protection.

Certainly, I didn't mean a huge number, and of course it couldn't really work. I just see so many posts being made, and once 50 hits, the person never posts anywhere but the for sale forum. There are tons of people who never post anywhere but on the for sale forum. I wasn't implying that a person should post seven posts a day. ;)

What bothers me is wondering if I am taking time answering a question that no one is even reading because the OP was just trying to increase post count in order to sell.

While the last part of the statement is true, the first part couldn't fly. I mean, look at me—I have about 12% of the posts you have, but we have the same join date and I am here at least weekly. I'm not a troll, though a few may totally disagree with my opinions. I just don't see the point of a yearly requirement..... Some folks just don't have as much to say as others. :D

You've been on here for about a year and have over 300 posts. I don't think you would have a hard time contributing to the forum since you already are. I was specifically referring to the people that say just enough to be able to sell, usually within a couple of days' time, and then never post anywhere other than the for sale forum.

That's the whole thing about rules. People need to make them because many people require rules to play fair. The for sale forum is supposed to be a perk for WTMers -- not a place to just sell without incurring fees.

I find it rude to just post away with no desire to actually be a part of the community in any way all in an effort to just be able to use a site that doesn't charge to sell.

:iagree:I am on here all the time and rarely have anything worth saying that hasn't already been said. You ladies are hard to keep up with in more ways than one.

I really believe he would say, "Put down that stone and chill the hell out. Look; I've got fish, some nice wine."

Yeah, Friday night dinner plans! Wait, what day is it?

Thursdays are okay with me, but not Mondays.

I don't like Mondays. Tell me why I don't like Mondays. I wanna to shoot the whole day down.

It's all Bob's fault, he was kind of whiny about the whole thing too. Maybe he'll come to dinner with the fish and the wine.

I can't remember how I found this site but I am glad I did. I knowit wasn't to buy or sell but I have done both. I have bought many things from great sellers and only sold one thing for shipping cost only. (Actually charged $6 for something that cost me $9 to ship but I am okay with that.) I didn't mind the 50 posts required to sell but I honestly don't see why a buyer would have to do so. Don't ship until the buyer pays and you are covered, right?

0 ... I came back to see what the responses were, and it made me sad.

I am a 55 year old pastor's wife. I am not a scammer. I realize you have no way of knowing that.

I loved every bit of my 11 years of homeschooling 3 kids, but I'm finished now. My life has changed. I have 2 married sons, and a daughter in college. I have 2 grandkids.

I have been very busy doing the paperwork to apply for substitute teaching (I am a certified teacher). College is expensive.

My desire was to sell some very good teaching materials/curriculum, yes, to make some money, but also to help others for whom buying books is a hardship. The 11 years that I homeschooled I bought and sold from other homeschoolers the whole time. There were never any problems or issues in either buying or selling.

I am not asking anyone to make an exception to any rules for me. I was just wondering if it was a hard and fast rule. I see that it is, so I will respect that.

I do know to go to other places to sell my materials, and have been doing so, I have always sold AND bought things on several homeschooling sites.

I don't want to hang out ... I did do that back in the day and enjoyed it. But I need to use my time for other obligations now.

I feel like a little kid who has been told "we're not playing with YOU" ...

Sorry to have intruded.

In His grip,

Patty

I promise you have it all wrong, and we, actually, are NOT the people who make or change the rules. Send a message to the moderator, who may or may not answer, as many may have already made your request. Best wishes for finding a way to sell books that is "okay" with you.

P.s. a good rule of thumb on the internet is to assume a benign attitude of the others, barring clear insult or an attempt to get money out of you.

I was just trying to be funny about how smart you all are... I really do read a lot more posts than I actually write posts. ;)

You've been on here for about a year and have over 300 posts. I don't think you would have a hard time contributing to the forum since you already are. I was specifically referring to the people that say just enough to be able to sell, usually within a couple of days' time, and then never post anywhere other than the for sale forum.

That's the whole thing about rules. People need to make them because many people require rules to play fair. The for sale forum is supposed to be a perk for WTMers -- not a place to just sell without incurring fees.

I find it rude to just post away with no desire to actually be a part of the community in any way all in an effort to just be able to use a site that doesn't charge to sell.

I can't remember how I found this site but I am glad I did. I knowit wasn't to buy or sell but I have done both. I have bought many things from great sellers and only sold one thing for shipping cost only. (Actually charged $6 for something that cost me $9 to ship but I am okay with that.) I didn't mind the 50 posts required to sell but I honestly don't see why a buyer would have to do so. Don't ship until the buyer pays and you are covered, right?

That would not protect us buyers. There have been too many of us who have paid because it was "shipped" and either got nothing or got an inferior product (for example a marked up or battered book when the seller told us it was in good condition). Then when the buyer tries do contact the seller by PM or e-mail, they are nowhere to be found.

If I buy from Nestof3 (to give the example of someone who is really a part of this online community), I know:

1. something of her character from her posts

2. that I can get a hold of her again.

It doesn't give me 100% protection, but it does protect me somewhat.

Plus, I know that she is not a dealer. (And yes, there have been dealers selling on this board despite the policy against it.)

That would not protect us buyers. QUOTE]

Yes, I know it wouldn't protect the buyers which is why I understand the rule of having to post at least 50 times before selling. I don't see why a seller would need the rule that the buyer would have to post 50times though. If they have paid, then ship item and if they haven't then don't. JMO.

I really believe he would say, "Put down that stone and chill the hell out. Look; I've got fish, some nice wine."

Yes, he would. Pass a glass of that wine, would you?

I must ask that it NOT be Thursday - because I just survived 5 full days of VBS with some really rowdy little boys, and I am *thrilled* that it is Friday. I wouldn't mind if it was Saturday. But Thursday? No way am I going back there tomorrow! :001_huh:

I must ask that it NOT be Thursday - because I just survived 5 full days of VBS with some really rowdy little boys, and I am *thrilled* that it is Friday. I wouldn't mind if it was Saturday. But Thursday? No way am I going back there tomorrow! :001_huh:

:iagree::iagree:I just finished week 5 of a 7 week summer camp job....While I like WHAT I do, I do not enjoy working with people...So, please, no Thursday.... I really need two days off before i start ANOTHER week of camp...

Robin in NJ

(Still working on my 50 posts:tongue_smilie:)

P.s. a good rule of thumb on the internet is to assume a benign attitude of the others, barring clear insult or an attempt to get money out of you.

What if they are trying to convince you that it is Saturday instead of Friday? Or trying to vote everyone back to Thursday? What if Friday is my favorite day????? Aren't they trying to cheat me???? :lol:

That would not protect us buyers. QUOTE]

Yes, I know it wouldn't protect the buyers which is why I understand the rule of having to post at least 50 times before selling. I don't see why a seller would need the rule that the buyer would have to post 50times though. If they have paid, then ship item and if they haven't then don't. JMO.

The rule isn't just to protect buyers and sellers. It is also to keep this primarily a forum for homeschoolers to ask and answer questions, to get ideas or encouragement and to have silly posts about what day of the week it is. . .;) The 'for sale board' is there as a courtesy to people who participate in this forum. If you don't want to participate in the forum (as apparently the OP doesn't) then there are other boards that are primarily for selling and buying.