Menu

s/o MBTI

Which MBTI types are you? Choose 4.  

1. 1. Which MBTI types are you? Choose 4.

• E-Extroversion
    • I-Introversion
    • S-Sensing
    • N-iNtuition
    • F-Feeling
    • T-Thinking
    • J-Judging
    • P-Perceiving

I'm wondering which of the individual MBTI traits are most common among our community of homeschoolers.

Vote for the 4 that describe you.

Just to clarify-

You should pick one from each pair:

E or I

S or N

F or T

J or P

And it should be based on the results of a test, like the one Tap, tap, tap posted below.

Edited by Perry

INTJ today. I tend to flip around a bit depending on how questions are asked.

Here is a link for anyone who doesn't know what they are.

There are several free online ones, I just know that this one doesn't let you get to the end and then ask for an email addy to get your results.

Your Type is

ISFJIntrovertedSensingFeelingJudging Strength of the preferences % 89

25 69 33

You are:

• very expressed introvert
  • moderately expressed sensing personality
  • distinctively expressed feeling personality
  • moderately expressed judging personality

I marked "I" even though I usually fall right in the middle of the spectrum sometimes on the E side but usually on the I side. I always test NFP, but the description just isn't really me *at *all. I often wonder if I have a hard time answering how I am as opposed to how I think I am/want to be? I dunno.

Depending on my mood and how the questions are asked (and my interpretation, because I tend to be one who reads between the lines--typical NF trait), I sometimes get ISFJ.

Today's results:

Introverted 44%

INtuitive 38%

Feeling 12%

Judging 22%

Edited by ereks mom

You enjoy being at the center of events in which

other people are directly involved

Here's the thing with questions like this. I don't really want to be involved, but if I am, I want to be in charge (the whole if you want something done right....) So how do I answer this? I was pretty moderate in all four categories, because I waffled on these kinds of questions.

I'm ENTP. Have tested many times and have always been ENTP. Interesting, though...my "E" tendencies are much less strong since I've been working from home that what they used to be. I've noticed it in my daily life. I much prefer solitude to groups, even though I'm not uncomfortable and can function well in a group setting.

On a different note, the whole eHarmony matching is based on MBTI. A good friend of mine with a Master's in I/O Psychology worked for the consulting firm that developed the test when eHarmony first came out. She actually worked on the project. I can say with certainty from personal experience that the personality matching works well if people answer honestly. Doesn't necessarily mean a love connection, though. Sigh.

I am not surprised that there are more Is than Es. I have friends with kids in PS and they love being on the PTA, running committees and interacting with the teachers and other parents each afternoon. That is my worst nightmare! :eek:

Ahh...I fill that in other ways-church, political party activities, military groups, etc.

I got ESFP.

I am only selectively E though. I dont like being the center of attention, dont like big parties, and I dont like being the new person. I love being around a few people who I know really well, and hate being alone! I rarely need alone time (alone time is when I am mad and I am trying to cool down:D)

The SFP part are pretty much right on.

The career recs that it gave me was advertising, pre/school early childhood ed and acting. I was a preschool teacher and a nanny before a mom, so it fits there, but there is no way you could get me to advertise something and I am not a good actor :lol:.

It also said ESFPs like to talk a lot...I fit that to a T!

You enjoy being at the center of events in which

other people are directly involved

Here's the thing with questions like this. I don't really want to be involved, but if I am, I want to be in charge (the whole if you want something done right....) So how do I answer this? I was pretty moderate in all four categories, because I waffled on these kinds of questions.

Being at the center of events w/ people = extroversion (if you *like* it)--this question is talking about *being* there, not *planning.* Think going to concerts, baby showers, parties. Those are PEOPLE events, w/ all the chaos of talking, laughing, noise.

Being "in charge" is not even nec. a people-oriented thing. I don't think that has anything to do w/ the question you're quoting. :001_smile:

I am not surprised that there are more Is than Es. I have friends with kids in PS and they love being on the PTA, running committees and interacting with the teachers and other parents each afternoon. That is my worst nightmare! :eek:

:iagree:

I do have a very good E hs friend, but most hsers I know are Is. I know a lot of people in my age group who were hsed, and the ones who really disliked it and are now sending their own dc to ps are all Es.