Menu

s/o Do you think introverts tend to have more animals?

I'd have NONE if it was up to me. Okay, well, none in the house. I'd be okay with farm animals outside.

We have two cats, a hamster, and a bunch of fish, but it isn't my job to take care of them. LOL.

The only way I agreed to have them in the house was if the kids and hubby agreed to clean up after them.

So no, I wouldn't necessarily say that is the case. I'm allergic to cats though so maybe I'm not a good example of typical introverts in this area.

Edited by Daisy

I'm an introvert but currently have no pets. I've often had pets in the past, we just don't currently have any. I can't have a dog in my current home, the fish died, and I have 4 children, one of which is an infant, so I have no interest in a cat and its litter box right now. A ferret would be nice, but I don't even feel like caring for that right now.

My son and I are extros, dd and dh intros. The kids take care of all the pets. WHen they leave for college, I will have to change cat litter for the first time in all the years we have had cats!

DD has 8 chickens, and the kids have 3 cats. I would have more cats if dh would let me, but they are all indoor, and it seems like there are more than three most days!

We have always had 3 cats. That is dh's limit. We did tropical fish for a while, and dh had a snake before we were married.

I honestly don't think being intro or extro has much bearing on number of pets.

Introvert here. We have a dog, a cat and a fish. We used to have 2 cats, but my male disappeared last fall. We just rescued our greyhound 3 months ago. :001_wub:

My husband is even more of an introvert and he grew up with 1 little bird, which was more dictated by apartment living than personality.

We are introverts here and have two cats. Dogs annoy me--too extroverted! But cats I can relate to. Cats only require attention if THEY request it. Dogs are more in your face.

Cat: "No, I don't think I'll come to see you right now. I'd rather have a bath."

Dog: "Lookatmelookatmelookatme! Let's play ball/go for a walk/run around the house. Really I don't care what we do as long as we are together."

Of course I don't mind other people's dogs. I just don't want one of my own (and we had both cats & dogs growing up).

I'm an introvert who has never met an animal she didn't like. :)

Right now, we have four cats and a rabbit. Cats have numbered up to six at once in the past, and we have also had gerbils, guinea pigs, rats, fish, and a very temperamental spiny mouse.

I can't imagine living in a home without pets! :001_huh:

My husband is even more of an introvert than I am (he doesn't really do 'friends') and while he pretends to grouch about the animals - he really does love them. The rabbit I just mentioned? He rescued it - the rabbit's owner had abandoned him in her rental and when dh found out from the owner's landlady, he went right over there and got him. He didn't even call me...just came home a bit late from work - surprise, a rabbit! :laugh:

I'm an introvert with no pets because my dog died suddenly last fall. And now dh thinks we're too busy and the dc too little to get another. I desperately want another dog - I had a dream two nights ago that dh brought a dog home. I told him I was going to get him a dog for Fathers' Day, but he wasn't amused.

Introvert and cat lover here; we currently have 3 cats. I grew up having both dogs and cats, and I don't dislike dogs, but cats are more my speed.

One of my cats is an extrovert, BTW. She loves to greet company, and will sit on the porch waiting for the mail carrier or the UPS guy to show up so she can "talk" to them. She's a Tortie, though, and doesn't really think of herself as a cat. :D

I am an intro that has no pets. I would like an large outside dog, but we live in the city with small lots and I feel large animals need room to run.

I don't want the responsibility of pets. Even if the kids take care of them, there is still vet bills, vacation issues and overseeing their care.

If anything, I think more of my extrovert friends have pets...they don't like an empty house.