Menu

UGH! I just wanted to scream "PULL UP YOUR DARN PANTS!"

I took two of the kids to Chili's tonight, my oldest wanted to stay home and have dinner at a friends. As we were eating the hostess walked past to seat an incoming family. Typical family I'd say, Dad, Mom, little sister and then the older brother walked past. UGH I just happened to look up and saw all of his boxers! Not the 3 inches or so sticking out the top, his whole boxer covered bum was hanging out above his pants waist. The belt was cinched as tight as it could be, of course so his pants didn't fall down.

I just wanted to scream "PULL YOUR DARN PANTS UP, I'M TRYING TO EAT"

I have no idea how this became a fashion statement. Drives me crazy!

Ok thanks for listening.

:rant:

Exactly, we don't need no new stinkin' laws about ridiculous things.

We are in FL on holiday, and we have seen quite a variety of men's' boxers here. LOL We just chuckle and hope they don't fall completely down. It's just underwear, after all. We are not the least bit annoyed, but we are amused. :D

My take? Live and let live :D I'm quite sure I do many things others disapprove of (coughhomeschoolcough)....
Edited by LibraryLover

Generally I'm in the live and let live category, but some things are just plain dumb. I guess I just don't see the "Why" behind it. Trust me I have seen much worse. We used to live in Jacksonville FL, about 9.5 years ago and I was at Publix with my then 1 year old son and there was a man grocery shopping in nothing but a speedo and rollerblades. I just about bust a gut when I saw that. I guess this just got to me more because I know I'll be facing the crazy teenage years soon.

My take? Live and let live :D I'm quite sure I do many things others disapprove of (coughhomeschoolcough)....

I see what you are saying and in general,....I agree, but my homeschooling doesn't dangle out of my pants.

My homeschooling doesn't show my rear.

My homeschooling (in general) doesn't cause others to gasp and put hands over the eyes of young children.

:tongue_smilie:

Started singin' it the minute I saw the thread....lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground.....

Me too!

Knowing my kids, the youngest 2 would have likely started singing "I see London..." as loud as possible. They do it all the time now everytime they see the slightest glimpse of someone's underpants.

yeah, this.

I admit I'm just a bit curious how the pants actually stay on. I mean they must be pretty tightly cinched on the thighs/hips. I would think it would hurt - it doesn't look very comfortable; but then neither do many women's shoes.

BTW, this fashion trend is called 'sagging', which is a word I have to say I feel considerable warmth for, given the state of my anatomy......We just need to enlarge the trend to encompass "middle age sagging".

I took two of the kids to Chili's tonight, my oldest wanted to stay home and have dinner at a friends. As we were eating the hostess walked past to seat an incoming family. Typical family I'd say, Dad, Mom, little sister and then the older brother walked past. UGH I just happened to look up and saw all of his boxers! Not the 3 inches or so sticking out the top, his whole boxer covered bum was hanging out above his pants waist. The belt was cinched as tight as it could be, of course so his pants didn't fall down.

I just wanted to scream "PULL YOUR DARN PANTS UP, I'M TRYING TO EAT"

I have no idea how this became a fashion statement. Drives me crazy!

Ok thanks for listening.

:rant:

:iagree: When I see that, I just want to run up and yank those pants down the rest of the way and slap his hiney.

At least he had a belt on holding them up. I've seen them with no belt (or maybe a belt, but it was for looks only, no function involved there) and they literally have to hold onto their pants with one hand the entire time. If they let go, then the pants, well go.... LOL!

It's funny to see these guys struggling to walk down the street holding their pants in one hand, their cell phone in the other while sturggling to hold a drink and a cigarette. It's one of those "Well here comes a train wreck, let's sit down and watch it' type moments.

I always want to yell "Catch!" and throw something to them. Your first respnse is to grab at it with both hands. What you going to do then pants boy??? LOL!

This is probably the only fashion station that I can't find the live and let live sentiment.

I guess I don't get why some people would want to emulate prison garb. :001_huh:

Either they think they are 'gangsta" or they don't have a clue.

Generally I'm in the live and let live category, but some things are just plain dumb. I guess I just don't see the "Why" behind it. Trust me I have seen much worse. We used to live in Jacksonville FL, about 9.5 years ago and I was at Publix with my then 1 year old son and there was a man grocery shopping in nothing but a speedo and rollerblades. I just about bust a gut when I saw that. I guess this just got to me more because I know I'll be facing the crazy teenage years soon.

I can deal with Speedo and roller blades a lot easier than the sagging pants. I'm not sure why. Maybe the sagging pants thing just looks half done.

I liked that the business school I was attending had a good rule: No boob cracks, no butt cracks...and that went for any form of underwear.

Oh, yeah, anything that could cause a wardrobe malfunction makes me shake my head in amazement.

It has been the style in the ghetto for a LONG time....mainstream is starting it more and more, esp. the hiphop crowd.

I worked for years as a teacher in inner-city Los Angeles and our policy was that if you took your belt off and held your arms out and your pants fell down, your pants were NOT within school dress code. It was not enforced all that much though.

Dawn

This absolutely drives me crazy and I can't believe it's still a trend. I'm 37 and I remember boys were doing this when I was in high schhol.

It didn't happen in our highschool.

So I guess maybe it started in your part of the country.......

Hmmmmm....interesting. Where *did* it start?

And I am amazed the trend lasted over a few months! It drives me crazy too!!!!

I am not a fan of this trend either. In my high school a fight started with one guy with his boxers showing and somehow he wound up on the floor with the other guy dragging him and his boxers slid down and everyone saw all his bits..if he would have had his pants in the right place that wouldn't have happened. It was awful. No one got hurt because this was before it became popular to bring weapons to fights.

Yeah... and then one day, it was my son... actually sometimes it IS my son. He drives me nuts with this... it's all about guys sagging their pants and my son was never a fashion follower... two of my six sons sag... I tell them what I think. I say it looks stupid. I say that when they do that THEY look very unintelligent. And I say, "Pull your pants up, boy!" Most of the time when they are with me, they'll just wear their pants the right way. I am glad of that. My saggy pants guy will turn 17 in a few weeks. He is SO nice. He is one of the best kids I can imagine having. So, sometimes I just look at him with the stupid sagging pants and am thankful he is such an awesome person regardless... :) (But it is SUCH a stupid look, huh?)

I try to be the live and let live type of person, but I really don't like looking at people's underwear or certain parts of their anatomy. But I do feel that there are certain places, like a retauraunt, place of worship, or office where underwear should NOT be seen, and certain parts of the anatomy SHOULD be covered.

Heck, I was at OT with my daughter one time and one of the OTs was working with a baby on the next mat and her crack was hanging out of her low rise, 2 sizes too small pants. UGH I know they are on the floor, and I don't expect them to dress up, but....(no pun intended) there are certain rules of decorum, ya' know?

AFAIK while it did come out of the prison system, it does not mean that.

According to my parole officer husband this is a style that came out of the prison system and its original meaning was---I AM AVAILABLE!!!!:001_huh: Now how many young men would really wear their pants that way if they knew that!:lol:

According to my parole officer husband this is a style that came out of the prison system and its original meaning was---I AM AVAILABLE!!!!:001_huh: Now how many young men would really wear their pants that way if they knew that!:lol:

:lol:

My neighbor boy does wear his down a little bit and we tease him about it. He is known to hollar at boys wearing them lower to pull them back up. According to him and his friends, they are worn that way to "show" that they are carrying a weapon. Of course 98% of the wearing their parents like that are not carrying, but apparently it is a way of carrying concealed weapons as no one can see the bulge if your pants are sagging like that.