Menu

The Teaching Company is having the BEST sale YET!!

It is still showing Chemistry as 79.95 and Western Civilization 129.95. Did you plug in a code somewhere????

Christine

It's the Holiday 2009 catalog - maybe if you call, they will mail it to you.

There are SO many courses I WANT! Most of them are available through my inter-loan library system so I have to figure out which ones make sense for us to own. I have a couple from the library now to figure out which ones I like and will NEED to own (use over long period).

Edited by MIch elle

I saw your post and checked it out because I just purchased the HS Chemistry course a week ago. I also bought the History of the United States set at the same time. I used your code to see what it would be and the total was over $100 less than what I paid. I called Teaching Company to ask about it. She looked up the code because it wasn't what she termed a "current" one. It is a valid code and one that they send out to people who haven't ordered before or for a long time as a way to try and get them to place an order because the sale is so good. She said that they will honor any valid code and they gave me a credit for $115. So, thank you for sharing. I felt a bit bad about using the code after she told me what it was intended for and she assured me it was ok. So now I am thinking I will get a few more lectures that we were looking at. I love Teaching Company!

I saw your post and checked it out because I just purchased the HS Chemistry course a week ago. I also bought the History of the United States set at the same time. I used your code to see what it would be and the total was over $100 less than what I paid. I called Teaching Company to ask about it. She looked up the code because it wasn't what she termed a "current" one. It is a valid code and one that they send out to people who haven't ordered before or for a long time as a way to try and get them to place an order because the sale is so good. She said that they will honor any valid code and they gave me a credit for $115. So, thank you for sharing. I felt a bit bad about using the code after she told me what it was intended for and she assured me it was ok. So now I am thinking I will get a few more lectures that we were looking at. I love Teaching Company!

Don't feel bad! :D Tell them you'll be buying $115 worth of MORE DVD's! :tongue_smilie:

I bought History of United States a couple of weeks ago but it was only $5 more than the current sale price.

I have the holiday catalogue in my hands (Canadian version) & it shows Chemistry, Algebra 2 & Geometry as $79.95. I added those to my cart, applied the priority code at the back of my catalogue and ..... nothing. Just the free shipping. Anyone know if US pricing is different from Canadian pricing? Thanks!

I got the normal sale prices, but no extra, special discounts. As shipping isn't free to overseas customers, a bit extra discount would have been great. I ordered:

HighSchool: Basic Maths $79.95

Physics in your Life $99.95

Earth at the Crossroads: Understanding the Ecology of a Changing Planet $99.95

Philosophy, Religion, & the Meaning of Life $69.95 (CDs)

How did you get the extra special prices???

The OP seems to have taken her code out, so here is a link to a coupon code sight that has it on there:

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/teach12.com

If you scroll down you will see the one for 87 percent off. When you have things in the cart, you put in that number code and and click recalculate and it takes the rest off. I just ordered Argumentation: The Study of Effective REasoning for 35, Superstar student for 25, and Meaning from Data: Statistics made clear for 35 for a grand total of 94.85 with free shipping!!!!!!!

Christine

Wow,

Thank you so much for sharing the information! I was able to indulge my curiosity about Russian Literature, the Argumentation set and so much more!

I highly recommend the Daileader sets on Middle Ages -- I paid much more for the CD's on sale and they are selling the sets even of DVD's for $34.95!

Again, thanks for sharing.

Kristin

Thank you SO VERY MUCH! I am now spending way too much money, and my kids aren't in high school yet! I really see a benefit for me; this is the way I can brush up before they get there. What else are ya'll buying?

I have 6th and 7th graders, so some of it will be for me...

I bought

How to Be a Super Star Student ($25)

High School Chemistry ($40)

High School Geometry ($40)

I ordered them yesterday - and they arrived THIS MORNING.

It's nice to live an hour from TTC:001_smile::001_smile:.

K

What else are ya'll buying?

The Art of Reading

Physics in Your Life

Western Civilization II

How to Become a Superstart Student

Rise and Fall of the British Empire

AND I bought The History of the US a couple of weeks ago!

I still have a few weeks to decide if I want all of the above. :D

The Art of Reading

Physics in Your Life

Western Civilization II

How to Become a Superstart Student

AND I bought The History of the US a couple of weeks ago!

I still have a few weeks to decide if I want all of the above. :D

I love the invention of the shopping cart... I can fulfill the urge to have it now, while still leaving room to adjust. My shopping drags out over weeks! So fun!

Which US History did you get?

I have 6th and 7th graders' date=' so some of it will be for me...

I bought

How to Be a Super Star Student ($25)

High School Chemistry ($40)

High School Geometry ($40)

K[/quote']

I am thinking about the chemistry for myself, but even having it in the shopping cart makes me sweaty! I have some chemistry baggage to overcome.

:lol:

Say, has anyone found a good TC science supplement for high school Biology & Physics? I love the way the Chemistry set is designed to go with any other Chemistry curriculum, and wish they had something like that for each area of science.

Julie

:lol:

Say, has anyone found a good TC science supplement for high school Biology & Physics? I love the way the Chemistry set is designed to go with any other Chemistry curriculum, and wish they had something like that for each area of science.

Julie

I wish they had high school biology!

I may have to start a new thread, but am wondering if some of you can share your "winners" and "disappointments" with the TC.

I also have the catalog, and will order SOMETHING!

It all looks so wonderful! I really can't decide...

How about sharing your favorites with us?!

:001_smile:

• 4 weeks later...

The Art of Reading

High School Chemistry

Western Civilization II

How to become a Superstar Student

Hitler's Empire

The decision on which courses to buy was TOUGH!

What did you get or will be getting?

FYI - The STEEP discounts end 12/15

Edited by MIch elle

Can someone share this mysterious code?? I have a sale catalog from October, for some unknown reason - why didn't they send me the holiday one?? Or maybe dh recycled it before I saw it? :glare:

Someone sent a link to a code site, but the 87% with free shipping isn't there anymore, only 70% with free shipping over $150. Please???

Can someone share this mysterious code?? I have a sale catalog from October, for some unknown reason - why didn't they send me the holiday one?? Or maybe dh recycled it before I saw it? :glare:

Someone sent a link to a code site, but the 87% with free shipping isn't there anymore, only 70% with free shipping over $150. Please???

I have the code as 36855.

The Art of Reading

High School Chemistry

Western Civilization II

How to become a Superstar Student

Hitler's Empire

The decision on which courses to buy was TOUGH!

What did you get or will be getting?

FYI - The STEEP discounts end 12/15

It was extremely tough!!! I decided on How to Become a Superstar Student and History of World Literature.

I just used the same code last night and it worked!

Great. It just doesn't like me. :glare: Wasn't it supposed to be valid through the 15th? With my luck they decided to change the deal on 12/1.

Did you get free shipping under $150? I'd love to get the Superstar Student for $25, but it's showing up at $10 plus another $10 in shipping, which almost doubles that cost!

Great. It just doesn't like me. :glare: Wasn't it supposed to be valid through the 15th? With my luck they decided to change the deal on 12/1.

Did you get free shipping under $150? I'd love to get the Superstar Student for $25, but it's showing up at $10 plus another $10 in shipping, which almost doubles that cost!

Yes, I got free shipping too!

Try putting everything in your cart first and then enter the code at the top. When you go to purchase DO NOT reenter the code. You should be able to tell if it is giving you the right price off to the left.

Having recently found that The Teaching Company have a UK-based outlet called The Great Courses, I finally decided to buy. I opted for High School Basic Math. I've recently tried to teach a child basic math for an entrance exam and I realised that I'd forgotten the basics myself so I bought this to try and relearn math.

I FIGURED IT OUT!! :hurray:

I had been using the web address in the catalog I had - www.thegreatcourses.com. Superstar Student showed up there as $39.95 on sale, but the coupon did not work at all. No further decrease in price, no free shipping.

For jollies, I typed in www.theteachigncompany.com instead - from all appearances it points to the exact same site. Same graphics, same layout. Oddly, there Superstar Student shows up as $49.95, so that gave me a hint that there really was a difference. And hey, there the coupon works!! I got Superstar Student for $20, and HS Chemistry for $40, just as someone else said, with free shipping! I wanted to get HS Algebra, but it didn't discount any further past the "regular" $79.95 price. Pout.

But yay!!! Thanks soooo much to the person who posted the actual prices she got, or I might've thought the "regular" sale prices were as low as they'd go.

Thought I'd post this also in case anyone else was having trouble - it sounded like I might not be alone...

Thank you ladies, my DD10 is doing middle school material but after watching your thread I called and got a catalog. I resisted ordering with Christmas coming. Then, I got an email today for the newest sale. I couldn't resist and bought the following

High school World History $39.95

High school Early American History 39.95

and for me

Lost Chrisitanities $34.95

Black Holes Explained $19.95

Dark Matter, Dark Energy $34.95

all DVD's, it was really hard but I resisted buying the audio CD's on many others since they are doing a clearance of audio CD's.

Thank You!

Thank you ladies, my DD10 is doing middle school material but after watching your thread I called and got a catalog. I resisted ordering with Christmas coming. Then, I got an email today for the newest sale. I couldn't resist and bought the following

and for me

all DVD's, it was really hard but I resisted buying the audio CD's on many others since they are doing a clearance of audio CD's.

Thank You!

How did you get HS Early American History for $39.95? What is the code?

and for me

Thank You!

I'm getting sale prices with the code on all but the history - HS World History and Early American show up at 79.95. What am I doing wrong?

Also, I can't decide between Western Civilization II for $65 or the above if I can get them for $40 each. Any suggestions? Or, I could go with the History of the United States for $100. I'm so confused now.

Edited by Frontier Mom

Also, I can't decide between Western Civilization II for $65 or the above if I can get them for $40 each. Any suggestions? Or, I could go with the History of the United States for $100. I'm so confused now.

I own HS world, Western Civil.2 and AM. HX.

I think HS World history is more for middle school; it covers more but less (more time but less detail).