Menu

Poll: What is your favorite season?

What is your favorite season?  

1. 1. What is your favorite season?

My favorite quote about autumn:

"Autumn truly is what summer pretends to be: the best of all seasons. It is as glorious as summer is tedious; as subtle as summer is obvious; as refreshing as summer is wearying. Autumn seems like paradise." Gregg Easterbrook

I voted for Autumn, but it just depends what season we are coming out of, to be honest. I love Winter because of the holidays. I then love Spring because I am over the cold temps. Then I love Summer because I look forward to the laid back attitude and beach days. What does that say about my personality? Love the one you're with, I guess...:D

There's no beating the rich reds, blazing oranges, bright yellows blanketing the ground around the half leafless trees and smelling the cozy aroma of the smoke rising from the chimneys and hearing the geese calling overhead. Fresh, crisp air. Cool in the morning, cool in the evening, no bugs. Apple bread, pumpkin pie...

Aaahhhh....love the fall in the midwest. Nothing like it anywhere.

Okay, there's no "other" which one wouldn't think necessary on this poll. However, my favorite season in Indian Summer.

Used to be far and away my favorite, until I moved to the prairies and discovered that I have allergies to the tallgrass, which showers pollen late summer/early fall....

But I still love the very first tinge of cool evenings, coupled with still-long days and water that is still warm enough for comfortable swimming and sailing. This whole time of year seems golden to me, and a bit Brigadoonish in that not every year brings a true Indian Summer.

Autumn.

I like the colors and smells of Autumn, the crunching of leaves. I like that it's cool enough to wear jeans and boots, but not too cold to play outside. I don't like to sweat or freeze (or have a runny nose).

I like to bake and baking in the Fall doesn't over heat the house. I love fall foods including soups and stews, things made from pumpkin and apple. I love a nice hot cup of chai tea after playing in the leaves or going for a hayride.

I voted for Autumn, but it just depends what season we are coming out of, to be honest. I love Winter because of the holidays. I then love Spring because I am over the cold temps. Then I love Summer because I look forward to the laid back attitude and beach days. What does that say about my personality? Love the one you're with, I guess...:D

That's kind of how I feel too, Katy! Just when I'm getting sick of the weather, the season changes and I'm happy again. :)

Autumn is my absolute favorite though!

There's no beating the rich reds, blazing oranges, bright yellows blanketing the ground around the half leafless trees and smelling the cozy aroma of the smoke rising from the chimneys and hearing the geese calling overhead. Fresh, crisp air. Cool in the morning, cool in the evening, no bugs. Apple bread, pumpkin pie...

Aaahhhh....love the fall in the midwest. Nothing like it anywhere.

Yes, this. Every single word :D

Autumn..fall, without a doubt. We were married in the fall, Oct, 29 years ago next month. How can it not be a favorite?

God paints a beautiful, breath-taking landscape design every year. Shouting with bold, rich and vivid colors, such as: red, gold, orange, purpleish leaves.

The crisp, cool air that seems to wake up the senses! Yes, sweater weather!

A close 2nd for me is winter, 3rd spring and last summer.