Menu

I hate to add more Us v. Them, but ...

How does your toilet paper roll?  

1. 1. How does your toilet paper roll?

• Over the top
    • Pulled from underneath
    • Our delicate bums prefer cloth
    • Other: air-dry, wet wipes, "be a man, use your hand" ...

Over or under?

How does your toilet paper roll, and are you a mixed household?

We are. Today we designated a bathroom exclusively for my 3 year old so she could have one roll in the house the "wrong" way, per her preference. Between my son sometimes forgetting to put the seat down and my daughter constantly reversing the TP roll, my middle of the night visits to the throne are starting to become stressful!

:tongue_smilie:

We've raised a whole generation of people who don't know *why* the toilet paper *must* go over the top. It's because waaay back in dinosaur days (when you could still get that cute flower-printed toilet tissue), the flowers were only printed on the side that showed if it was *over the roll*. See?! PROOF that it was always intended to be over the top! :lol:

Today we designated a bathroom exclusively for my 3 year old so she could have one roll in the house the "wrong" way

You know...she's THREE. Moms make decisions in the best interest of their 3yos. She doesn't know better. But her life is on the line. Don't you want her to be happy later? It's people like you who are ruining things for the rest of us. No wonder young adults are so nuts.--Parents allowing them to decide things like this?!?!?!

:::tongue in cheek, of course::::

I voted over - there was a time in my life where I was pretty anal about everything being perfect and having every roll installed the correct way including folding the paper to come to a point on the front when company was coming. Now, I am more than happy to simply have it on the roll and even happier if there is TP in the bathroom at all!

I am trying not to be offended. Just because we keeping the TP in a drawer, doesn't mean I don't BELIEVE it should be over. But, honestly, this is just like the always-overs to judge every one else all the time, thinking that their way is the only way. There are many ways to a clean tush.

"I don't know, however, I can get it on in the dark."

I'm not sure what you meant by this???:confused:

:D:D:D;)

Be a man...use your HAND?????? That is just sick.

I have four brothers, helped raise four boys, and my husband was a grunt in the army who spent more time in the field than he ever remembered to bring baby wipes for ... I share your sentiment, but around here it's a bona fide option LOL.

You know...she's THREE. Moms make decisions in the best interest of their 3yos. She doesn't know better. But her life is on the line. Don't you want her to be happy later? It's people like you who are ruining things for the rest of us. No wonder young adults are so nuts.--Parents allowing them to decide things like this?!?!?!

:lol: ... shoot, she is my Plan B in case the older kid doesn't want to let me grow old and die in HIS house! I just know my luck with this one - she'll forget all those years of nursing (3 to date) and co-sleeping (3 to date) and homeschooling (coming soon to a kitchen table near her) and general making her life wonderful and pleasant ... and the only memory she'll have is that one year. when she wanted the TP to go underneath. and I wouldn't let her. and it scarred her FOREVER. and it's why she can't find a good man, decent job, or emotional happiness.

This little stinker goes around changing all of the TP rolls in the house. So I change them back. And then she changes them back to her way. And every time either of us goes into the bathroom, the roll is on all wrong LOL. The irony is that she rarely even USES the paper TP. She prefers the cloth wipes, and uses those if I'm not behind on washing/putting them away.

My son's solution was to let her have her own bathroom, with her own TP roll her own way. He's making a sign to put on the door, to warn any innocent bystanders who may wander in and find themselves in unfamiliar territory.

I voted other, because I don't remember the last time it was on the roller. In our tiny cramped bathroom the only place for a holder is on the edge of the sink, but my dd5 can't reach it there. It usually sits on the back of the toilet or on the edge of the bathtub. When she can reach it, I will put it under.

What about the option:

"I don't know, however, I can get it on in the dark."

:iagree:

I didn't really see the option for the "I don't know & I don't care which way it is". And, hey, what if someone mounts it sideways? Wouldn't that be a valid option too? (Then you'd need to ask if they roll clockwise or counter-clockwise.) I'm just grateful to have tp (esp. vs. the *hand* option :tongue_smilie:)! To each his own. :001_smile:

Dh and I prefer over the top. But in the dc's bathrooms I always put it on under the bottom. Started that because when toddlers roll the tp roll, this way it doesn't unroll. And since I'm the only once changing the rolls . . .

Oh, but they're all trained that after you go, you close the toilet lid. That way the seat is down and the cat doesn't accidentally go swimming.

Cinder

Over the top - it's the only way! If I see it going under, I'll change it.

:lol: Me too. I'm convinced DH turns them the wrong way to annoy me (seriously!). Seriously, the end is farther away when it goes over the back, and it doesn't break off when you "snap" it!

Well, as the only one who EVER puts a new roll on :glare:, it always goes over.

:iagree: IF the toilet paper actually makes it onto the roller, it goes over the top. However, this seems to be an unusual occurance lately. The roll usually just sits on the counter in front of the toilet (what a lazy bunch we are!).