Menu

Looking for jeans for size 18ish woman - where do you

find jeans for a size 18-20 woman? I've lost 25 lbs. and my body has shifted in different places. My old jeans won't fit this fall - yay!! Help! Where do I find comfy jeans that aren't low rise jeans? I still have some stomach to get rid of.

Thanks,

Molly

Guest Katia

I have two 'favorite' pairs of jeans. Here is where I got them: (size 18-20)

1) Gloria Vanderbilt jeans from JCPenney, although I found mine, new with tag, at the Goodwill Store for 1.99

2) Lee jeans from WalMart, got mine on the clearance rack for 8.00

They not low-ride, but set at the natural waist and I will only wear jeans with spandex that have some stretch to them and these both have that.

Lane Bryant measures you and they have several options made for your body type. I really was pleased with the last ones that I bought there.

Catherine's have great plus size tops but I haven't used their jeans. They are very good clothes though. Priced about like Lane Bryant.

Sometimes you can find something at WalMart. However, it is like searching for a needle in the haystack!

1) Gloria Vanderbilt jeans from JCPenney, although I found mine, new with tag, at the Goodwill Store for 1.99

They not low-ride, but set at the natural waist and I will only wear jeans with spandex that have some stretch to them and these both have that.

I ditto these jeans. They are the only ones I wear. Very comfortable and slim looking. They are what my kids call mom jeans but I have been noticing lately that the younger set are starting to wear the slimmer cuts with the higher rises. They are a regular item at JC Penney's and I have ordered them for years now. Pretty reasonably priced as well.

Macy's has a jean with a little stretch in it that is very comfy and has a good, traditional fit. They come in several colors. Look for the Style & Co label in the women's section (which might be different from the misses' section). There is a huge difference between an 18 and an 18 W in the room it gives in the hip. If you're short, you might want to look for the petit cut, which has a shorter leg.

I think they ran about $29 last winter and weren't included in the Macy's sale and coupon offers because they were an "Everyday Value."

Lane Bryant - although they can be pricey...

Wal-Mart - if you really look

Target - even harder to find anything decent looking in a "plus-size"

Old Navy - they usually carry about up to this size in the store, and depending on the jean you like they are pretty comfy, and not too expensive. If you have a hard time finding your size in the store they always carry them on their website. Beware though - a size 18 is not the same as another size 18. I've tried on two of the exact same pairs or jeans in the exact same size before and one will fit better than the other...

find jeans for a size 18-20 woman? I've lost 25 lbs. and my body has shifted in different places. My old jeans won't fit this fall - yay!! Help! Where do I find comfy jeans that aren't low rise jeans? I still have some stomach to get rid of.

Thanks,

Molly

Old Navy jeans are the only affordable jeans that reliably fit me. I have a larger waist, and smaller hips and thighs. Just below the waist are the type that are most flattering to me. One might think that it you have tummy trouble, then the higher the waist the better, but I've found that slightly lower looks a lot better. If you haven't tried that, I'd recommend giving those a try. Boot cut is flattering, as well, because it lengthens the legs.

Another Lane Bryant vote. I had a little breakdown in February about how none of my clothes fit anymore and I went there (also a size 18/20, but petite). I was in the store for probably 2 hours trying on a million different jeans. They have the Right Fit brand and it takes a little getting used to, so talk to a salesperson and get help. The saleslady talked me out of buying a particular pair of trouser jeans because she said they would be way too big due to stretching out. She forced me to try on a smaller size. They were tight when I first tried them on but loosened up perfectly, just like she said they would. I found some perfect pairs of jeans that day (and I got instant compliments when I wore them) and now it's easy to go in and find what I like. I also signed up for a credit card that day and I get coupons now that I use and don't have to use my LB credit card to redeem.

I've tried Old Navy and LL bean and neither seems to fit right. I went to Lane Bryant last time they had a sale on their Right Fit jeans and Fell in LOVE! They fit just right. The saleslady was awesome in making sure I got the right ones and yes they will relax a bit after you put them on, so I wouldn't size up as tempted as you may be. Of course they also helped with the self esteem because they size them different so I'm a yellow size 2 there.

The first day I wore them 3 different people asked if I lost weight because they fit so much better than my Old navy jeans.