Menu

Amazon Subscribe & Save - what do you buy?

Just Kate

Just curious to know what others who use Subscribe and Save purchase each month?

I typically buy toilet paper and paper towels. Some months, I get trash bags, laundry detergent, toothpaste, and shampoo. I also buy good coconut oil.

What do you buy using Subscibe & Save? Any great deals I need to know about?

Electrolyte tablets for dd18 (NUUN active).  They are about $20 for 40 vs $25 at REI

Liquid vitamin for ds22. I can sometimes buy it cheaper without S/S so I often skip shipments.

I used to get DHs Crew brand hair gel on S/S but he bought some in a store, when we already had a back up so he is set for a year. LOL

Aveno Ultra calming face wipes for dd18

I have washing machine cleaning tablets (Afresh) but only so i can hit my limit. They are a few cents cheaper in the store, but the difference on my $20 items, makes it worth it though.

I used to use it a lot more, when you could add an item and still get it within a few days.  Having to wait so long for the first shipment really limits what I put on S/S. For instance, dd needed shave gel and the one we like isn't sold at every store. It would be December before I could get it on S/S even though I have an S/S order coming on Nov 9.  I went to the store and bought it instead and since it was on sale (cheaper than S/S) I bought 4.  We are set for the year. 

Edited by Tap

Diapers

Wipes

Toilet tissue

Paper Towels

Hair Color

Organic Vermont Maple Syrupâ¤ï¸â¤ï¸â¤ï¸â¤ï¸â¤ï¸â¤ï¸â¤ï¸

Toothpaste

ETA: I don't have all of this monthly, some things are every three months.

Edited by RioSamba

Well, this isn't all monthly - I go through every month, pick what I need, and tell the rest to hold off.

But I get toilet paper, sponges, fancy dishwashing soap made with natural oils (the other stuff smells so cheap now!), laundry detergent, most bulk spices (otherwise I forget I need fenugreek or whatever until I make the one thing that needs it), nutritional yeast, dye-free candies (NOT every month!), bulk fair trade cocoa, coffee, and turbinado sugar, bulk coffee filters (well, when you buy 500 at a pop, they last a long time), bandaids (otherwise I forget those as well), toothpaste, floss, and soap.

I also order my pet food and flea medicine online, but not through Amazon.

tp, various nuts (monthly)

Kind bars -- there are 5 flavors we like that are priced better than what I can get at Target; every 2 months

dishwasher tabs, trash bags (every 3 months)

This is my basic list. I've occasionally rotated through a couple other items--like Clif bars and dental floss.

garbage bags

pill pockets for my dogs

Simple Mills grain free pizza dough mix

toothbrushes

napkins

deodorant

filters for our showerhead

Torani sugar free hazelnut syrup (for iced coffee)

Band-Aids

paper towels

Aveeno Eczema Therapy lotion

razors 

kleenex

Lysol wipes

toothpaste

dish soap

tea

canned cat food

tp

I also get our dry and canned dog food auto-shipped from chewy.com

As others have said, these are not monthly things, but enough so I can always find at least five things we need each month:

Toilet paper

Toothpaste

Deodorant

Body wash

Q-tips

Trash bags

Dish wand brushes

Dish detergent

Laundry detergent

Cat food

Fish tank stuff (and occasionally fish food)

Hand soap

Chai mix

Crystal light

Coconut oil

Vitamins

Face wash/masks

Shampoo and conditioner

Those of you buying paper towels - that's one thing I don't ever get because they seem more expensive than I've seen in stores. (We also don't use paper towels very much.) Is it convenience, or have you found them to be a good deal?

• Like 1

Sunbutter

I buy a lot of Sunbutter - so, i checked subscribe and save price just now - the cost comes out ok only if I order a pack of 6 from them (single jars cost too much). I am wondering if the expiry date on your pack of 6 Sunbutter is reasonable when you order through Amazon. I worry that if I order such a large quantity, I might end up not using much of it before expiry dates kick in. TIA.

I buy a lot of Sunbutter - so, i checked subscribe and save price just now - the cost comes out ok only if I order a pack of 6 from them (single jars cost too much). I am wondering if the expiry date on your pack of 6 Sunbutter is reasonable when you order through Amazon. I worry that if I order such a large quantity, I might end up not using much of it before expiry dates kick in. TIA.

It's never been an issue for us, but I'll check on the next package and give you an update.

I used to have the two giant tubs on Sunscribe and Save, and that was a substantial savings. They no longer offer them, sadly. The jars aren't quite as good, but still much better than our local store price. :)

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I know this is a zombie thread, but I wanted to weigh in that I just cancelled all of my S&S items. They often don't carry the brands I want, and when they do it seems like the price goes up or the package size shrinks with each shipment. I have to check every item every month because of this, and could often find better prices locally in my rural area. Between that, and having to keep skipping months when we have too much, or move other things up when we really need it, it was taking too much time and hassle. I had a hard time finding three to five items on their offerings list even to place an order every two to three months.

So there you have it.

I know this is a zombie thread, but I wanted to weigh in that I just cancelled all of my S&S items. They often don't carry the brands I want, and when they do it seems like the price goes up or the package size shrinks with each shipment. I have to check every item every month because of this, and could often find better prices locally in my rural area. Between that, and having to keep skipping months when we have too much, or move other things up when we really need it, it was taking too much time and hassle. I had a hard time finding three to five items on their offerings list even to place an order every two to three months.

So there you have it.

Same here. 

• Like 1

So there you have it.

I recently cancelled all of mine too!

The last straw for me when I got an email notice of a price increase for my upcoming order. The price didn't even match the price in my invoice, and both of those prices were higher than the price when I clicked on the item to just order it on it's own. 3 different prices and I couldn't even figure out what I would actually be paying.

Not worth the hassle.

• Like 1