Menu

What do your children call you and does it ever change?

When they were little....it was momma and daddy.

Now they call me (we are talking 4 kids now)...

Dainchy (pronounced dain chee)

Choyota (rhymes with Toyota, LOL)

Momma

Mommies

They seem to still call their father....daddy!

I call them some weird names too though, LOL!

Tammy

My 3yo calls me "Mother"

My 7yo calls me "Momma"

My 17yo call me "Mom"

Dh is "Father, Daddy, Dad, Jim, or Jim Dear." They vary as to what they call him, but ds17 never says Daddy.

The 3yo loves Little Bear who calls his mother "Mother Bear." People look at me strangely when they here her call me "Mother." I think it is sweet.

9yo says Mom and Dad unless she's really upset or scared.

6yo bounces between Mom, Mama, Mommy and Dad or Daddy.

3yo says Mommy and Daddy.

9yo decided to switch from Mommy and Daddy to Mom and Dad the day she turned 8, it was totally out of the blue but she told me later that Mommy and Daddy was too babyish for an 8yo. *Sniff* I wish she didn't think so.

Daddy for dh, and the Canadian Mommy (spelled American, pronounced mummy, lol). I'd like my eldest to call us Mom (again, Mum) and Dad, but she doesn't want to. Where I grew up it sounded strange to hear grown kids call their parents Mommy and Daddy, but I guess customs and kids vary!

I would love to just be "Mom" like my husband is "Dad", but my 16 yo calls me "Mama", which just really bugs me, I don't know why. And my boys call me "Mother". My 12 yo, has recently tried calling me "Woman" My dh calls me that as a joke periodically, which I kind of like, but I DO NOT like the 12 yo calling me that. I think he is pretty clear on that now, which is why he keeps calling me that, because he likes to push people's buttons....but that is another story.

Well I wanted to be mama just like my mother was but when eldest was little we lived with my parents and he always heard me call her mama and that stuck. Now I call my dad, Daddy but he calls him Papa. Hmm hadn't ever caught that. Now my oldest is eighteen and all through middle and most of hs his friends all called their mothers Mommy I think it was a cultural thing. But boy do I find it weird to have an 18yo boy calling me mommy and it does turn heads now that we live up here in the Northland. He has tried to switch to mom and does say my mom when referring to me but then he will turn to me and go, mommy. That said dd has called me mom since about second grade. She does still sometimes say mommy when she needs something. DS that is 7 goes between Mommy and mom and sometimes even reverts back to Mommom.

Melissa

Mom, Mommy, Mama (my third is the only one who will call me Mama now and then... even the two year old just calls me Mom usually... maybe sometimes Mommy.)

Dad, Daddy (Two year old and four year old tend to call him Daddy more. The other two might occasionally call him Daddy when talking about him but Dad when talking to him.)

Depending on situation and mood. :)

with the accent on the second syllable. I grew up calling Mommy and Daddy just that, and do so all my life. Somewhere in my late 30's I started calling them maMA and paPA to outsiders.

Kiddo called his dad by his actual first name until an episode at the Y involving kiddo seeing the TV the exercise-machine users were watching that had some Iraq scenes (he'd never seen such things). He was therefore crying by the time he got to the door. Hubby, in the attempt to jolly him out of his tears (later all kiddo could say is "the home was on fire" and pucker up with tears), stepped behind a pillar and held out the car keys, usually something kiddo was very very eager to get his hands on (he was just 4). Kiddo kept crying.

Off duty sheriff came up and asked what was going on, asked kiddo his name and asked who this 50-something grey haired guy was. "Fwank" was his reply, not daddy. Kiddo too verklempt to say anything else. Sheriff left but his wife told him to go back and make sure hubby wasn't a molester. Hubby panicked and didn't just go back inside where everyone knows them as the amazing kid who passed the swim test 2 years before anyone else.

Hubby's ID was hidden in the van. Hubby panicked as the police cars pulled up and agreed to have van searched. Hubby sometimes takes kiddo's best chum to the park with them, or the low IQ child of a son of a friend of his long deceased father who is also low IQ and has CPS called regularly, and gets the kid out of his filthy stained clothes, etc (I call it his "social work")...so, in the car is TWO boosters, TWO bikes, a bag of hotwheels, a bag of sweets (it was just after Halloween), etc. By this time kiddo was tired, very hungry, crying in terror and was off in the arms of a female policeman and hubby wasn't allowed to see him.

ID finally found, and hubby has the same name as kiddo said was his. They let him go. Hubby arrives home white as a sheet, kiddo is very very quiet and has never told me about the episode, and has never again pitched a fit in public.

And after that, I have called "Fwank" paPa ever since, and kiddo has, too.

Mommy and Daddy when they were young, Mom and Dad now.

Except those of you who have been around for a long time will remember that one of my children had a different name for me that she liked to sling around frequently when she was in her teens. It rhymes with witch. Or itch. Or switch. It was always preceded by a two word phrase that pointed out her feelings about my physical attributes. But let's don't think about that today.

Now they all call us Mom and Dad. Well, of course sometimes they call me the ever popular two syllable mo-om. They mostly do this when they feel like one sibling got 60 extra seconds on the wii.

On Friday I am the Best Mom in the World while I am handing out allowances.

I still call my Mom, Mommy. From my stepsister she's T-ma..:)

I, on the other hand, have many names. From the kids I am "mom", MOM!, Mother, Mommy, MOOOOOMMMMOOOOMMM! and MOTHER! (said in her best mommie dearest voice).

From DH, I am: "sweety", "hunny", "woman" and "dam(n)it woman" :)

My 9yo & 10yo still call us Mommy and Daddy, but sometimes they have started Mom and Dad. I'm sure it will transition soon, and while I remember dreaming about the moment I didn't have to hear the word, "Mommy.....mommy......mommy......mommy" five thousand times and hour, I'll miss it!

My children all called me momma until they were older. My three year old however started calling me mom last month and that almost broke my heart. She wants to grow up so fast. She still calls me momma when she is sick though. She still calls for her daddy anytime. She is a daddy's girl. My boys call him dad, but they are 12 and 10 now.